Anyone Know Who Sells These Clamshells?

glasllyn

Ive never seen them. If you bought them from a retailer Im sure that they are custom. Burts bees wax melts are also in cool hexagon shapes which are 

for sure custom to go with the beeswax theme. So, where did you find these at ? 

• Like 1

Impact has the good clams that don't stink like plastic 

someone on here did a co-op awhile back because the minimums are huge 

when I get time I will look into it because someone does custom designs for them I may have bookmarked it when I was looking 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

There is a site in the UK that sells them, but the shipping is cost prohibitive.  https://www.scentperfique.com/product-category/candle-making-supplies/wax-melt-clamshell-packaging/

Goldie

It doubled the cost almost exactly for 100 clams.  Guess it would be worth it for a special occasion like a bridal shower or wedding but not for everyday melts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moonshine said:

I smell a co-op ??

I did one once but it's really time consuming and I just don't have the time.  I went ahead and ordered 2 cases, shipping is usually not too bad for me since I'm in CA.

If anyone wants a whole case I'd be happy to send that off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolphin14677 said:

Those are really cute. I have seen other shapes also. Are the melts easy to get out of the clamshells

Is your concern for the customer? I wouldn't take them out to sell them; I'd test them in other molds and sell them in the clamshells. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. 

I have not been to Walmart in years. We had a new one just open near us and my husband wanted to go to "just check it out". I took a break from wax tonight to go there with him. Walked by the Melts section and saw these. Took some pics. They are a Mass Channel brand of Yankee. May be exclusive to Walmart. I do not know.

Every one I opened had broken wax. Cracked or literally loose wax pieces when I opened them. The cylinders were fine, it was the connecting piece someone did not test well. Those were the pieces broken.

Anyway, thought I would add these pics to this thread on custom clamshells.

17630105_10211121688030887_2877778274824634940_n.jpg

17425965_10211121687830882_2287772549728349988_n.jpg

17523599_10211121688070888_942428672762626636_n.jpg

17757653_10211121688350895_2004632666851467636_n.jpg

On 3/28/2017 at 10:32 AM, kandlekrazy said:

I did one once but it's really time consuming and I just don't have the time.  I went ahead and ordered 2 cases, shipping is usually not too bad for me since I'm in CA.

If anyone wants a whole case I'd be happy to send that off.

How many is in a case?

I might be interested in quite a few depending on pricing!

13 hours ago, EnvyCandles said:

How many is in a case?

I might be interested in quite a few depending on pricing!

875 in a case I believe.  Cost is $140. plus shipping to me and shipping to you.  I haven't seen my UPS bill yet to see what my shipping was but I'm in CA and so is Impact so usually not too bad.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:58 PM, glasllyn said:

Is your concern for the customer? I wouldn't take them out to sell them; I'd test them in other molds and sell them in the clamshells. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. 

Yes I was wondering If the customer can get them out of the clamshells easy. 

• Like 1