M&P: Tough Problem...I think

glasllyn

I make other scented products, but I've only done simple M&P with Brambleberry bases. Maybe this is basic stuff- I really hope so:

I have this cool idea for a shaped soap that would require two pours, much like a cupcake with icing, I imagine. The problem is, the base has to be fully cooled so I can remove it from the mold, and I want to top it with an icing sort of thing. I used clear base for the bottom piece and wanted to use white for the top. How can I possibly get the two to adhere? I feel like the top will just fall off since the bottom is completely cool. I thought about a heat gun, but I may ruin the shape. 

• Like 1

I've never done that type of design, but I pick up things when I read around.  I think you spray the two surfaces you are going to join together with rubbing alcohol and press them together.  I'm sorry if this isn't correct, but I think it might be! 

• Like 2

I think I found the answer just a little while ago from Soap Queen, incidentally. She made a cupcake soap and used a blend of soap base, liquid castille, and maybe some glycerin, I think. This makes sense to me. I will try it and share the results.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 1:50 PM, Moonstar said:

I think Ive seen that done on Soap Queen .... just do a quick google search. Sorry I couldn't of been more help .

That's what I did  and it worked! It's not perfect, but it's a start:

IMG_8125.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 4:02 PM, Candybee said:

I've used the alcohol method before and had the two halves come apart. But this is what a lot of sources say to use. If you find a method that works I would be interested to know.

Here's the link:

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/melt-and-pour-soap/soap-queen-tv-whipped-soap-cupcakes-2/

Well, I'm not a M&P guy, buuuuuuuuut... 

I would go with the highly whipped M&P and I would cast them separately (You might even be able to pipe them, if you got it thick enough) Then use some melt and pour to glue the 2 bits together. Kelly's the piped soap queen. @KrazeKelly might I beg of your dos centavos? 

(The castile in that seems weird to me for some reason, but I reiterate I'm not the M&P guy...) 

Sponiebr: (yeah, yeah: bad Ideas... Blah, blah, blah...)