Golden Wax 464

On 3/19/2017 at 3:59 PM, Daisymay66 said:

Has anyone had problems with this wax lately? Lot F? 

I've been having problems and started by questioning if my Premier wicks were the problem or the new fragrance oils I tried; wax was next on my list.  That's why I asked in another thread about buying my wicks from two different places.  Also why I mentioned problems with the Aztec oils I was testing.  I was hoping it wasn't the wax (yes, 464 Lot 4).    My problems include large mushrooms, no hot throw, and lots of holes/pits in candle jars.  Having poured hundreds of "good" candles in the past, it isn't like I am new to this or pouring in different conditions.   Waiting for two-week cure to see if I get different results from candles made with fragrance oils I've used in the past with success.  I generally buy wax from Nature's Garden or Flaming Candle. 

Goldie

• Like 1

I have been having problems with this lot.  I've had better hot throw with 464 in the past and was impressed by the creamy tops.  Now I've been having issues with weaker throw and holes in my tops.  I thought it was something I was doing.  :(

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 3:16 AM, Daisymay66 said:

I had read in one of the FB groups I'm in that people were having problems. Seems like it had to do with moisture in the wax. I just recently bought a case but never used it so was just curious. 

Did anyone in the FB group get an answer from a company about this?

Goldie

22 hours ago, olives said:

I'm having issues as well with my Lot F wax - sinkholes and cottage cheese tops. It's been driving me crazy and causing a lot of stress and re-work!

@Olives  

I contacted Golden Wax and am being asked to supply the following in addition to how I made my candles.  Would you share with me your answers to these two questions?  If things match up with my box of 464, it may help them to pinpoint a problem.

"Could you let me know what the lot code(s) of the product is? (date printed on the side of the box) 

"Could you give me the name of the distributor that you purchased the product from?"

Goldie 

3 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@Olives  

I contacted Golden Wax and am being asked to supply the following in addition to how I made my candles.  Would you share with me your answers to these two questions?  If things match up with my box of 464, it may help them to pinpoint a problem.

"Could you let me know what the lot code(s) of the product is? (date printed on the side of the box) 

"Could you give me the name of the distributor that you purchased the product from?"

Goldie 

Thanks Goldie! The sides of the 3 boxes I have left say Lot F, 12/20/16. I purchased them from Jedwards (http://www.bulknaturaloils.com/)

I look forward to hearing what they say!

Geeze.. And this is the Lot that I'm currently testing for the wax switch over. Have any of you noticed a change in the throw or is it just the look. I'm not concerned currently with the look, but how well they smell. I don't want to waste my time if the LOT is bad.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glassfishy said:

Geeze.. And this is the Lot that I'm currently testing for the wax switch over. Have any of you noticed a change in the throw or is it just the look. I'm not concerned currently with the look, but how well they smell. I don't want to waste my time if the LOT is bad.

Steve

Yes, a number of us are having problems with hot throw in addition to the other things.  It may have to do with the DATE on the box, not just the Lot F.  I wrote to Golden Brands and was asked for the lot, date on the box(es), and where the wax was purchased.  I also sent @olives information in my email to the company.  My boxes had 10/28/16 on them.  I will let you all know when I hear from Golden Brands.

Goldie

1 hour ago, Glassfishy said:

Steve

Believe me, I understand completely.  I can fix the look; not the hot throw! Goldie

• 1 month later...

My box has LOT F: 12/23/16. Again I am just now switching over from Ecosoya to 464... Or at least attempting to... Hot throw is mediocre at best. I'm testing multiple brands of wax... The best so far is ones sold by Aztec Candle so far. it's their Cotton Core brand that they sell. Did anyone hear any feedback from Global Brands?

26 minutes ago, Glassfishy said:

My box has LOT F: 12/23/16. Again I am just now switching over from Ecosoya to 464... Or at least attempting to... Hot throw is mediocre at best. I'm testing multiple brands of wax... The best so far is ones sold by Aztec Candle so far. it's their Cotton Core brand that they sell. Did anyone hear any feedback from Global Brands?

Do you mean Golden Brands?  Yes, I heard from them.  They had me send a couple pounds of the wax to them to test.  Haven't heard what their results are yet.  They checked their supply of Lot F but didn't find anything wrong which is why I was asked to send a sample.

Goldie

• 1 month later...