Wax shipping charges

I drive 4 hours one way just to pick up wax and jars for the year. I save a bundle in shipping costs that way. Gas costs less than shipping. So the trip is an all day excursion from 6 am to 6 pm by the time I come rolling back to my home at night, just in time to make dinner.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

I drive 4 hours one way just to pick up wax and jars for the year. I save a bundle in shipping costs that way. Gas costs less than shipping. So the trip is an all day excursion from 6 am to 6 pm by the time I come rolling back to my home at night, just in time to make dinner.

When Peak was here and literally a 2 minute drive from where I worked at the time, I picked up my wax and other Peak supplies all the time. That was so nice, and then I was going to do it again, only in much bigger quantities (like a pallets worth of wax) only to find out that they closed up shop in the middle of the night and moved everything to PA (sort of, but really gave NO warning to their local customers) so I was SOL. I have only bought from them once or twice since because I'm still upset about it. 

When I am ready to order my wax again, I will do it on an LTL truck, and have a pallet shipped to me. Having it shipped that way will save me money, and will also give me quantity discounts, and that much also for me will literally last me a lifetime. (But I think I will order from Lonestar not Peak also) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I'm not far from my supplier so a 50# box cost me about $20. delivery.  Or if I order from Candlewic their price includes delivery and is usually less than my local place with shipping.

Wow, that will save me some $$$--ordering from Candlewic. Thanks!

Goldie

On 3/16/2017 at 3:49 PM, Jcandleattic said:

When Peak was here and literally a 2 minute drive from where I worked at the time, I picked up my wax and other Peak supplies all the time. That was so nice, and then I was going to do it again, only in much bigger quantities (like a pallets worth of wax) only to find out that they closed up shop in the middle of the night and moved everything to PA (sort of, but really gave NO warning to their local customers) so I was SOL. I have only bought from them once or twice since because I'm still upset about it. 

When I am ready to order my wax again, I will do it on an LTL truck, and have a pallet shipped to me. Having it shipped that way will save me money, and will also give me quantity discounts, and that much also for me will literally last me a lifetime. (But I think I will order from Lonestar not Peak also) 

I drive for an LTL company JC and would like to add one bit of a tip sort of for you if interested. Whichever LTL company you are getting your delivery from, get their local information and give them a call when you first get your tracking information. Usually called a "pro number" Most often customers such as yourself will be charged a residential delivery charge for that pallet being delivered to your house. Whether its your business address or not, its refered to a business operating out of a local residence. Tell the LTL company you want a dock pickup and to hold the pallet at their location and not to charge your account with a residential delivery. Depending on the weight of the pallet this could literally save you hundreds off of your shipping bill. All you need is a pickup truck and a strong back, maybe a family member can help, and you save some money on your bottom line.

• Like 5

Thank you for sharing that information to the group. I actually knew that as I have worked as a billing coordinator for a trucking company before, and completely forgot they do that sometimes. 

A lot of times we would wave that fee, but that was way back in the late '80's, early '90's when the economy was decent. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 3:49 PM, Jcandleattic said:

Give me about a year and you'll have a candle supply company back in Colorado. We're in the process of moving ourselves and business out to the Denver area and plan on filling that hole in the market.

Shipping to me is $24.35 because I'm close to them.

What I like about Flaming is I can order a box of wax, status jars and lids and oils and what they do is put the box of wax in a slightly bigger box and put all the oils, lids and jars on top of the box of wax but in the bigger box and it all goes for the same price....Great thinking on their part and wow what savings instead of sending out 2 boxes and paying a lot more for shipping.

Trappeur

I have always bought my wax from CS And a 50 pound case costs 31.52

And that is per case no matter how many I order - no discount getting more at a time and I usually get 3 at a time 

and I'm getting tired of paying it 

they used to be the cheapest I found but I need to research it again and see- we have a supplier in my state but the shipping was way more and the drive not worth it before taking all day and gas but with the gas prices coming down I just may need to make a day trip and truck on down and load up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Shipping to me is $24.35 because I'm close to them.

What I like about Flaming is I can order a box of wax, status jars and lids and oils and what they do is put the box of wax in a slightly bigger box and put all the oils, lids and jars on top of the box of wax but in the bigger box and it all goes for the same price....Great thinking on their part and wow what savings instead of sending out 2 boxes and paying a lot more for shipping.

Trappeur

Never ordered from the flaming and just checked the wax prices and shipping and it's 6.00 cheaper through them then CS....are they pretty quick getting their orders out?

12 hours ago, moonshine said:

Never ordered from the flaming and just checked the wax prices and shipping and it's 6.00 cheaper through them then CS....are they pretty quick getting their orders out?

Yes Moonshine, they ship same day.  You get the order to them by 1:00 and it's out that day.  Customer service is wonderful and I have yet to see anything out of stock.

Trappeur

On 4/5/2017 at 11:04 PM, LitUp said:

Give me about a year and you'll have a candle supply company back in Colorado. We're in the process of moving ourselves and business out to the Denver area and plan on filling that hole in the market.

Will you be carrying IGI waxes? 

There is another supplier here but they don't carry the IGI waxes because they were told by IGI since Peak is potentially (yeah right) coming back, they wouldn't allow them to carry their brand. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, GoldieMN said:

Wow, that will save me some $$$--ordering from Candlewic. Thanks!

Goldie

Not sure what wax you use, but Bitter Creek ships Speedee to MN. I am in Duluth and pay about $14 a case (60 lb) for a case of wax.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Flicker said:

Not sure what wax you use, but Bitter Creek ships Speedee to MN. I am in Duluth and pay about $14 a case (60 lb) for a case of wax.

aving  bought a few things from BCN, it's 'mystery shipping costs' through speedee unless you call the office before the charge goes through. I have chosen different methods to ship, paid the quoted amount and the items show up on a speedee van. When shopping around knowing the total amount before placing the order really helps, especially since freight for the heavy items like wax can vary SO much. For a case of wax to me from BCN the freight of the cheapest option is about $32 more than a competitor. If speedee could be included in the estimate to fully compare that would really help.

59 minutes ago, Flicker said:

Thanks.  I use 464 which they don't have.  I seem to remember their shipping being really high when I looked to order something else from them.  That is a great shipping price!

Goldie

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, GoldieMN said:

Thanks.  I use 464 which they don't have.  I seem to remember their shipping being really high when I looked to order something else from them.  That is a great shipping price!

Goldie

Since you are in MN you can choose SpeeDee...their rates are awesome but not published on the site. The rates are high anywhere these days if you order one or two things. Like everyone they charge actual shipping but one item will be charged a 5lb min rate. Just a consideration.

On 3/16/2017 at 0:49 PM, Jcandleattic said:

I have only bought from them once or twice since because I'm still upset about it.

Lol...I'm still pouting about this and haven't ordered from Peak since. Have been ordering from Aztec and Lonestar, but plan on doing an overhaul of my supply needs and update my suppliers' price lists to (hopefully) find one or two main ones that I can stick with and won't kill me on shipping.

• Like 1

With shipping going up again this year it's no wonder we can stay in business.  I'm getting as much as I can from the suppliers that give a shipping discount on a regular basis or whatever I can get at General Wax and California Candle Supply as I can pick up from both of them.  It's crazy to discontinue so many scents but I'd rather do that instead of looking for dupes which just stresses me out.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:26 AM, moonshine said:

I have always bought my wax from CS And a 50 pound case costs 31.52

And that is per case no matter how many I order - no discount getting more at a time and I usually get 3 at a time 

and I'm getting tired of paying it 

they used to be the cheapest I found but I need to research it again and see- we have a supplier in my state but the shipping was way more and the drive not worth it before taking all day and gas but with the gas prices coming down I just may need to make a day trip and truck on down and load up

Wow! $31.52 per case? That is crazy :(