Blindsided by Ecosoya Wax being Discontinued... HELP!!!

Hey Candle Makers... Coming to you all for advice. I've been blindsided by the inability to order my candle wax. I attempted to go online and order more wax and find that it's been discontinued. We ordered 15 boxes late last year before the xmas holidays and unfortunately because we were going to place another order and go pick it up to save on shipping I have waited until we are OUT!!!!! Now I find we cannot get it. I don't know what to do. We have been using for the past 3 years Ecosoya CB Advanced. I understand why they are discontinuing it (to a certain degree) but now I don't know how to proceed... All of our testing and candle knowledge I feel is out the door. I want to vomit and cry.

My options as I see it are:

1. Wait until they come out with the reformulated Ecosoya (which they say is supposed to be better). But who knows when that will be and are we going to be the guinea pigs on testing a product that may or may not work out only to have to start all over.

2. Switch to a completely different product and also start all over... :(........ I hear a lot of people love the 464. Would this be a good starting point if we switch? I know it's cheaper but i've heard so many horror stores of having to do repours, bad tops, etc.

Any other Ecosoya people out there? What are you doing? The thought of going back through threads and rereading on the "BEST" wax and what to start out with just makes me sick. We have over 60 various candle scents between seasonal varieties and I realize what this means. Please someone give me some good news... I just want to make great candles and want a stable product that we can count on for the long haul...

Hey @Glassfishy, I use the Ecosoya PB for my tarts and if you need wax ASAP, I have found at least the pillar blend on Amazon (they might have CB, not sure)... to tide you over until you figure out what to do.  I ordered a bag there and am patiently waiting for the reformulated Ecosoya wax to come out... hopefully soon.  But, I don't sell much and have no accounts to worry about.  I guess it all depends on if you can wait for the new stuff, or if you want to start testing with a different soy sooner rather than later.  I personally use 444 for containers; its higher melt point is good since I live in the desert.  If I wasn't worried about the temperature, I probably would have chosen 464.

Ehatch... We used the advanced for our tarts and containers. It was a great wax. I have looked on ebay but people are wanting $21 for 5 lbs. At this point I feel like I need to switch. From what I'm reading I can't tell if the newly 110 from Ecosoya will be out anytime soon? Again, I will have to retest ALL of my candles anyway so I'm not sure if I want to give my money to a company that just abruptly changes without another version in place. Partially it's my fault because I ordered so much before christmas but had I not I would have probably been out during the christmas rush. So in a way it's a blessing. Our candle shelves are somewhat stocked but by the time I start testing a new wax and work out any kinks it will be months.

For those of you that use the 464... Which which brand do you stick with. We have been using the ECO wicks? Curious what works best for everyone. I had bought a bag of 464 about a year ago that I still have. Might pull it out at the shop tomorrow and see what I can create. At least start with our best sellers and go from there.

Steve

• Like 1

Not cheap, but have you tried other places like bulk apothecary? Google coupon codes and save some $.  I often find 10-25% coupons for them, which saves a lot of $$.

Bulk apothecary still lists your wax. I'd give myself some runway and buy whatever I could now.

woops, they are out of stock now that I try to add some to my cart. Sorry about that. 

Everyone I have looked at is OUT OF STOCK. Again, they discontinued it in Late November and everyone was buying it up to give themselves time to either wait it out or go ahead and switch. Me, I'm just lolly gagging around without a care or any idea.... We were even planning a camping trip to drive up around one of our fragrance suppliers for the day and swing by the candle place to pick up a load of wax.

1 minute ago, ehatch1 said:

That's funny.... That's the online place I order my wax from. I should call them tomorrow. I'm sure they'll say they're out. But they're selling it online for $30 for a 10lb bag...

38 minutes ago, Glassfishy said:

That's funny.... That's the online place I order my wax from. I should call them tomorrow. I'm sure they'll say they're out. But they're selling it online for $30 for a 10lb bag...

That is strange!  Yes, definitely talk to them.  I wonder what they'll say...

I actually reached out to them on their web page and got a message back tonight... Great Customer Service... They are really nice people. Anyway. They said they pulled the products in Late November... On another note... I just bought (3) boxes of the CB Advanced for $123 Shipped. Or at least I hope I did. I'm hoping that this company just hasn't forgot to remove the product from their website. This will give me a chance to figure out our next step. The guy at The Candlemakers Store also suggested switching to the 464. Gonna go out and read reviews on the 464. Would love to hear from everyone on here.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just found a shop up in Brockton, MA that still seems to have Advanced, CB 135, and PB in stock, called Candlechem.com. At least, it let me add cases to the cart though I didn't try to check out. I am making the switch to 464 myself.

Advanced is listed at $87.75 a case

PB $ 92.75

CB 135 $85.75

I just purchased a 10lb bag of Golden wax tart wax from CS and I'm going to start some test burns. I'm down to my last couple boxes of ecosoya PB and I have a feeliing I better find a replacement as soon as I can. This is truly upsetting :-(

9 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I just purchased a 10lb bag of Golden wax tart wax from CS and I'm going to start some test burns. I'm down to my last couple boxes of ecosoya PB and I have a feeliing I better find a replacement as soon as I can. This is truly upsetting :-(

It is very upsetting. Please let us know how it goes with the your new tart wax....I am thinking about purchasing some. 

• Like 1

Isn't the wax just be reformulated?  Maybe I misunderstood what I read but I swear that's what it said.  Years back when C3 was reformulated I thought I was going to

start over but it took about 6 months and luckily I had enough old stuff that I only ended up with 1 case that was hell to work with due to bubbles.  After that things smoothed out.

I never really had to change anything but did have the testing time again!

Yes. Its being reformulated. They made the announcement on their website a year ago. what is taking them so long to get the new waxes on the market is beyond me. They should have had it reformulated and started sending it out before they discontinued the old waxes. You don't need hindsight to figure that out. Just bad decision making.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, Glassfishy said:

Ehatch... We used the advanced for our tarts and containers. It was a great wax. I have looked on ebay but people are wanting $21 for 5 lbs. At this point I feel like I need to switch. From what I'm reading I can't tell if the newly 110 from Ecosoya will be out anytime soon? Again, I will have to retest ALL of my candles anyway so I'm not sure if I want to give my money to a company that just abruptly changes without another version in place. Partially it's my fault because I ordered so much before christmas but had I not I would have probably been out during the christmas rush. So in a way it's a blessing. Our candle shelves are somewhat stocked but by the time I start testing a new wax and work out any kinks it will be months.

For those of you that use the 464... Which which brand do you stick with. We have been using the ECO wicks? Curious what works best for everyone. I had bought a bag of 464 about a year ago that I still have. Might pull it out at the shop tomorrow and see what I can create. At least start with our best sellers and go from there.

Steve

Welcome to the fine world of NGI waxes. One minute they're here, the next they aren't. Not the first time, and I don't suspect the last.

8 minutes ago, Flicker said:

As far as a replacement, what supplier is closest to you? Cheapest shipping. See what they have

The closest is TheCandleMakersStore. They carry most of the main waxes. I typically will place a big order and drive up and pick them up. We're pretty centrally located. I even contacted GB brand because the plant is 1/2 an hour from us. Minimum case order is 15,000. If everyone wants to go in together? Ha ha....

What would be a good soy wax for votive candles?  I've been using PB and have been waiting for the new version, but it seems the time keeps getting extended.  I was lucky enough to see this the beginning of the year and have about a years worth of wax, but I need to get testing!

On 5/10/2017 at 5:32 PM, kbrown5052 said:

What would be a good soy wax for votive candles?  I've been using PB and have been waiting for the new version, but it seems the time keeps getting extended.  I was lucky enough to see this the beginning of the year and have about a years worth of wax, but I need to get testing!

I too was able to purchase a huge amount of PB to get me through and I started testing the Golden Brands 416 tart wax. I'm finding it doesn't seem as hard as the PB and it has a matt finish on the top, not the shiny tops the PB gave me. Anyway the struggle I've been having is the frosting, it frosts terribly. So that's where I'm at right now, trying to use this wax but get rid of the frosting. Oh I also noticed if you add some PB to it, it comes out nicer without frosting but that's obviously not an option.

I was hoping to find others that use the 416 tart wax to help me out but nobody has answered my thread, I guess nobody else uses that wax so maybe I should move on to another wax to test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I am waaaay late to the game on this.  I bought enough last year to get through my busy season and then was able to buy more in the spring I think. I had NO idea until just a little bit ago this was being discontinued.  Ahhh! I am so upset right now.  Going into the busy season and wax melts are such a great seller for me.  I hope the reformulated ones come out soon and aren't much different!