I just went to Day Star to check out some recommended FO's and it looks as if many of the very popular ones are OOS + can only be bought in 10 lb minimums.

Is there something thats changing in that industry thats not allowing them to sell smaller amounts anymore ? I only ask because of the recent changes at Mad Micas .

Id still like to try a few things from there + theres still plenty of FO's to choose from that are in stock. Id like to try the marshmallow fluff since a few have said it was 

good any other suggestions - Im all ears :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this :) Any tried Vanilla Delicious  - Pink sugar - Amanda Coco - Rose Jelly - Pistachio Ice Cream - Vanilla Coconut  - Tres Magnifique - 

Blood Orange Patchouli . Please add any favorites. What I don't like about Day Star is when she is OOS of a FO its for a really long time. Plus 

when I go on her FB theres nothing posted since at least a year ago. Should this concern me ? 

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Bumping this :) Any tried Vanilla Delicious  - Pink sugar - Amanda Coco - Rose Jelly - Pistachio Ice Cream - Vanilla Coconut  - Tres Magnifique - 

Blood Orange Patchouli . Please add any favorites. What I don't like about Day Star is when she is OOS of a FO its for a really long time. Plus 

when I go on her FB theres nothing posted since at least a year ago. Should this concern me ? 

I got some of her Tres Magnifique and I love it OOB! Her Pink kisses smells like Pink sugar to me but I haven't put it in wax. 

I think I have some of her Amanda Coco too but I'd have to go look. So far her oils have been great.

I'm not sure about whether you should be concerned with her not posting anything for awhile or not. She's been in business for quite some time so I'm hoping she stays around. I can ask her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I got some of her Tres Magnifique and I love it OOB! Her Pink kisses smells like Pink sugar to me but I haven't put it in wax. 

I think I have some of her Amanda Coco too but I'd have to go look. So far her oils have been great.

I'm not sure about whether you should be concerned with her not posting anything for awhile or not. She's been in business for quite some time so I'm hoping she stays around. I can ask her. 

So glad you chimed in ! How would you describe the Tres Magnifique ? It sounds great ! I was thinking that the pink kisses might smell like pink sugar so maybe 

Ill pass on that and get tres magifique :) I think I;ll get that- marshmallow fluff + vanilla delicious ( maybe) I'll wait to hear what you think about that one - it might 

smell too similar to VBN ???? Im so bummed that Amando coco is OOS :( I love the Laura mercer products - so yummy smelling ! Your right about FB I only 

mentioned that because a read a few people on here recently saying her site keeps crashing or not working . So many OOS that i really wanted to try.

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

So glad you chimed in ! How would you describe the Tres Magnifique ? It sounds great ! I was thinking that the pink kisses might smell like pink sugar so maybe 

Ill pass on that and get tres magifique :) I think I;ll get that- marshmallow fluff + vanilla delicious ( maybe) I'll wait to hear what you think about that one - it might 

smell too similar to VBN ???? Im so bummed that Amando coco is OOS :( I love the Laura mercer products - so yummy smelling ! Your right about FB I only 

mentioned that because a read a few people on here recently saying her site keeps crashing or not working . So many OOS that i really wanted to try.

I smelled Tres Magnifique again tonight and I can't put my finger on whether it smells close enough to VBN to say not to try it or not. I also found a bottle of Vanilla Delicious and it reminded me of a sugar cookie but that might change once it's in wax. I forgot I had it. I also found Amanda coco and it really does smell good!

I spoke to Stacy on Facebook and she said to reassure everyone that she 's not planning to go anywhere. She's just trying to get everything restocked. I'm going to start ordering more from her since I don't have to pay shipping and her oils are so good!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Her Comptoir sud Pacifique dupes are on point.  Belinda is correct, her vanilla bean cookies is vanilla bean noel.  Other goodies include brown sugar, buttercream frosting, blackberry cookies, marshmallow, cake bake, salty sailor, cabana boy, innocent grace (pure grace), ginger lime and sweet pumpkin to name a few. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 9:26 AM, soshiegirl said:

Her Comptoir sud Pacifique dupes are on point.  Belinda is correct, her vanilla bean cookies is vanilla bean noel.  Other goodies include brown sugar, buttercream frosting, blackberry cookies, marshmallow, cake bake, salty sailor, cabana boy, innocent grace (pure grace), ginger lime and sweet pumpkin to name a few. 

OMG these sound awesome ! iDo you think the buttercream frosting + brown sugar are too sweet for wax melts. Im not good at blending so I was thinking 

as a single FO... what do you think ? I also wanna try her vanilla delicious , Im wondering if its basically vanilla or much more going on ?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 5:43 PM, Karen M said:

I don't make a lot of candles anymore, but I recently bought 2lbs of vanilla delicious (hoarder) for myself. This is my favorite vanilla by far.

Karen is vanilla delicious basicly a vanilla or more of a dessert /bakery scent ? I have it in my cart but kept debating. It did also mention that the 

oil is super strong + to cut back on amount used ? TYIA :)

7 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Karen is vanilla delicious basicly a vanilla or more of a dessert /bakery scent ? I have it in my cart but kept debating. It did also mention that the 

oil is super strong + to cut back on amount used ? TYIA :)

Don't get it yet. I was going to send some of that one to you. It does smell good though. I haven't put it in wax yet. Just going by OOB.

Also, her brown sugar is delicious but the same thing as FB's maple syrup to my nose.

2 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Don't get it yet. I was going to send some of that one to you. It does smell good though. I haven't put it in wax yet. Just going by OOB.

Also, her brown sugar is delicious but the same thing as FB's maple syrup to my nose.

awww your so sweet ! This is like a horrible addiction with these fragrance oils lol !

Just now, Moonstar said:

awww your so sweet ! This is like a horrible addiction with these fragrance oils lol !

Just now, Moonstar said:

I hear that! It's where all my extra money goes. I just wish I sold enough to justify it LOL! Maybe one day.

• Like 1

I'm so frustrated with Day Star. I know I posted something about this before, but she subbed a fragrance I wanted (because it was OOS) with a scent I already have and don't really like. She should have told me it was OOS. When I emailed her, I got no response, and that was months ago. I feel like I should get a store credit, since I don't even want the product. It makes me mad that she's happy to take my money and send out orders, but won't respond to an email. I own my own business, and I wouldn't BE in business if I treated my customers that way. 

Edited by glasllyn
  • Like 2

On 7/20/2017 at 8:26 PM, Moonstar said:

OMG these sound awesome ! iDo you think the buttercream frosting + brown sugar are too sweet for wax melts. Im not good at blending so I was thinking 

as a single FO... what do you think ? I also wanna try her vanilla delicious , Im wondering if its basically vanilla or much more going on ?

Moonstar - definitely try that combination because it sounds delicious.  I just had a cupcake with brown sugar butter cream icing and it was delicious, so yes do try it!  But I digress.  I keep a lb of vanilla delicious for myself and love it; in my opinion vanilla delicious smells like vanilla sugar wafers.  It's wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soshiegirl said:

Moonstar - definitely try that combination because it sounds delicious.  I just had a cupcake with brown sugar butter cream icing and it was delicious, so yes do try it!  But I digress.  I keep a lb of vanilla delicious for myself and love it; in my opinion vanilla delicious smells like vanilla sugar wafers.  It's wonderful.

Thank you so much :) Your always so helpful ! 

6 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I'm so frustrated with Day Star. I know I posted something about this before, but she subbed a fragrance I wanted (because it was OOS) with a scent I already have and don't really like. She should have told me it was OOS. When I emailed her, I got no response, and that was months ago. I feel like I should get a store credit, since I don't even want the product. It makes me mad that she's happy to take my money and send out orders, but won't respond to an email. I own my own business, and I wouldn't BE in business if I treated my customers that way. 

I remember you mentioning that when you first received your order. I must say that would tick me off too.Out of curiosity which scent was it that was OOS Im wondering 

if its been updated since then. BTW how'd you end up liking your selections, I remember you picked some great sounding oils. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 1:11 PM, glasllyn said:

I don't blame you for being frustrated. I would too! Maybe message Stacy on Facebook. You might get a quicker response that way. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I remember you mentioning that when you first received your order. I must say that would tick me off too.Out of curiosity which scent was it that was OOS Im wondering 

if its been updated since then. BTW how'd you end up liking your selections, I remember you picked some great sounding oils. 

I got some great ones, but I have no idea what was OOS. I don't know how I could even remember, now that I think of it, which is too bad. I just posted about the scents somewhere else on here. I think yesterday. Let me find it. Here it is:

Edited by glasllyn