Sugar

Hello, 

I'm new to this forum just found it today. I'm looking to branch out to making body butters, I do Sugar Scrubs,bath bombs and lip balms now. 

What i'm curious about is pricing of the whipped body butters, it confuses me a bit with what to charge because what fits in a 4 oz container isn't 4 oz of product by weight but by volume I guess.  So I'm looking for advice 

Thanks

Sugar

Hi Sugar! Welcome to the forum!

What I would do is weigh my container first on an accurate scale, then tare the scale. Then I would fill the container and weigh the filled container. Subtract the container weight from that and you get your volume weight. If you are keeping track of your costs it should make pricing much easier.

Another way to do it is if you have any empty containers weigh one of those, then weigh a filled one. Subtract the weight of the empty container and you should have the true weight of the whipped butter.

I also take into account how many containers can you fill with your recipe. If you made enough for say 10 containers you can figure your pricing from that.

But you will want to put the exact weight on the label whatever method you use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...