Attack ye Hearty's!

Sponiebr

Due to a plethora of inconvenient events, like getting called in to cover some poor soul's overtime shift because (hack) they didn't feel "well". ("well" specifically meaning it's frigg'n Superbowl Sunday dude and I've developed an acute case of rectal glaucoma.) Anyway, that's life 1f602.png?, and I'm just now getting the chance to post these. 

So this entire High temperature Fluid HP 4 lbs batch was supposed to be: 

1. a Cosmic swirl
2. 100% dedicated to making embeds for the year.

It turned out to be a Comically non fluid, and non cosmic swirl, but rather more of a VERY long string of choice words and quick reactionary plop-cuss-mash-poke-cuss-bang-trowel events. This cacophony was deftly staccatoed with "F bombs" every other syllable for a particularity resplendent assault of the English language. It is possibly ONE of the reasons I work alone in a dark swamp in the middle of nowhere...  

I had NO molds sized to do this, but I was very please with an improvement I made to my really large adjustable hinged sided loaf mold. The sides of that mold fold out and the inside blocks are free-floating, so I just lined the middle trough with freezer paper and "permanently" wrapped the end blocks in heavy plastic so they just have to be slid out or in to make on-the-fly size adjustments. 

But! The SOAP!!! Oh, for a total screw up it turned out pretty darn nice for my first mistake of the year! 1f642.png:)

Black Raspberry Vanilla :)

Blending the colors... 
 20170201_220157.jpg

20170202_162826.jpg
20170202_192946.jpg
20170202_194456.jpg

Attack of the EMBEDS!!!!

20170202_194557.jpg

Screaming.gif

The batch was the result of trying to save a failing batch of soap, (it was extreme). You can't imagine how wet this soap is! There is close to 48% liquid in there with nearly all of the water liquid being aloe juice. The soap is just amazing though with beautiful creamy lather with medium bubbles and leaves you squeaky clean but not drying at all and it has this beautiful silky feel to the soap and rinse. 

Remember, nothing germane ever happened by accident! 

Sponiebr: Head of applied Bad Ideas and other thinking that shouldn't be thunked much less do'ed... 

Edited by Sponiebr
  • Like 2