Linen & Room Spray/Body Mist

CBeardly

59 minutes ago, CBeardly said:

Has anyone made the linen & room spray recipe from Lotioncrafter (not the quick & easy one)?

Linen & Room Spray

Also, the Herbarie has a recipe for a body mist. It states to combine ingredients but with that much water should it be heated?

Botanical Body Mist

Thanks! :)

I would always heat and hold water before using in something like this, unless opening a brand new container of distilled.

more importantly, though, is neither of these recipes has an emulsifier. The oil will not mix into the water, so each spray will contain uneven amounts of the fragrance/essential oil. When shaking, the mix will turn white and then separate within a few minutes.

Also, with just water the mist quickly falls to the floor and does not fill the air like people expect. I use perfumers a

cohol in mine both as part of the preservative system and as a boost to help the scent rise toward the nose where people smell them easily.

I have had wonderful success making  crystal clear, stable sprays with the fragrance and essential oil modifier from aromahaven. http://rusticescentuals.com/Fragrance-Oil-and-Essential-Oil-Modifier.html

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Faerywren said:

That CME looks suspiciously like a product I used to use from Wholesale Supplies called Multi Use Concentrate! And the recipe for using it is identical. I'm pretty jazzed as WSP no longer carries the Multi Use Concentrate and I miss it! 

Really? That's interesting. I was reading some old info on SwiftCraftyMonkey & it appears it had previously been discontinued by another manufacturer but the demand was so great that Lotioncrafter started making it in-house.

• 3 months later...
On 1/19/2017 at 0:35 PM, CBeardly said:

Thank you for your reply. The Caprol Micro Express & the AquaEm are the emulsifiers in the recipes. CME  AquaEm

I agree that it does need something to keep it in the air. Not heating & holding kind of weirded me out.

Im wondering if aloe can be used in place of water ? thanks for proving these links :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Im wondering if aloe can be used in place of water ? thanks for proving these links :) 

You're welcome. :)

The Lotioncrafter site states that you can use aloe juice, hydrosols, etc. An aside, I did try a couple of versions of the recipes based on both the CME & AquaEM but neither were strong enough emulsifiers on their own. If I tried it again I would do as TallTayl had previously suggested and add RE's FO modifier. :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CBeardly said:

You're welcome. :)

The Lotioncrafter site states that you can use aloe juice, hydrosols, etc. An aside, I did try a couple of versions of the recipes based on both the CME & AquaEM but neither were strong enough emulsifiers on their own. If I tried it again I would do as TallTayl had previously suggested and add RE's FO modifier. :)

Thank you ! 

• Like 1