This week's agenda - what's yours?

Jcandleattic

So for me this week, this is what I will try to accomplish:

Cleaning/reorganizing the lab, it needs it so bad! 

Diluting soap paste and try not to burn down my house in the process.

Feather Palm/Quartz Palm/any-other-type-I-have Palm Pillars. 

16 and 5 oz container candles

Goats Milk and Beer Soap

Bath Fizzies

Recipe testing of bubble scoops. 

Master batch both Lye and Oils as I am completely out of both...

That ought to keep me busy through the weekend. 

What about y'all? What are you guys up to these days? 

I got some organizing done (not much but some) 

Got my soap paste diluted

Got a beer soap made

Got my lye solution masterbatched. 

Had a pretty productive day. 

Tomorrow - Palm Pillars. Not sure how much else will get done, because I have to take the Christmas stuff down. :) 

• Like 1

Today's agenda:

Palm Pillars - have the molds prepped and ready to go. 

Masterbatch about 50-100lbs of oils. I thought I did this about a week ago. LMAO I must have dreamed doing it because after the beer batch yesterday I have 1lb of masterbatch left is all. I seriously think I'm losing my mind with being unemployed!! LOL 

Taking down Christmas decorations. This is about half done, but I hate putting it up, and it's worse taking it down. LOL - don't get me wrong, I love it when it's all up and decorated for the holiday, but don't enjoy the maintenance of getting it that way. 

And possibly bottling up my liquid soap. I can't seem to find my bottles though, so that may or may not happen depending on how much more organizing I get done. 

• Like 1

I need to get motivated myself and make lots of stock.  I got so bombarded with just trying to stock my one big apple orchard account I just couldn't stay stocked up.  Well thats a good thing really that I got the business when I think about it.   I'm going to put my nose to the grind stone and get stocked early this year....and I already started.

Well, lets see, my Christmas tree is still up since I put it up the day b/4 Christmas and I don't care I'm keeping it up for the next few months.  It only has lights on it...but its so warm and cozy just to look at it and I'm by myself so who cares?

I've been getting in a cooking mode lately and really liking it trying all these concocktions so I think I'm going to make mac and cheese after I get off here.  

The weather is in the 70's and my yard looks like white trash lives here! ha!  Thats a job but I love being outside so I've been burning.  I swear to God for a single person to have so much stuff in my basement you would think that a family of 8 lived here instead of one!  So  I've been going through boxes and boxes of stuff I don't know why in the world I save but I do...(pack rat here I guess).  I've got bags of clothes that I'm donating to the Humane Society and other odds and ends.  My spare bedroom in the basement is nothing but organized boxes filled with stuff I've had since i was in my teens!  Why am I saving???Geesum crow!  Am I the only one who has stuff like that?  Man oh Man....For so long I have so much stuff to do that I go in one of the rooms in the basement to start on a project and I'm so over whelmed that I get disgusted and think...."Oh I'll just go upstairs and pour myself a Baileys and I'll go back downstairs in a little bit and start"......and it just doesn't seem to happen! Oh my word~  Then I think,,,,,,,well tomorrow I'll start bright and early like 7:00 and get so much done ......and then here it is noon and I still haven't made it to the basement.  What's wrong with this picture here?  I would rather vent than to go downstairs tonight.....I'll do it first thing in the morning!

Trappeur

• Like 2

Trying, as I do each January, to reorganize my inventory as well as get rid of things I don't need.  Of course each January, I find those same things I couldn't part with last year still not used. Good intentions.  At least I can see the floor in the little basement room, now, and have started pouring candles and clamshells.   

I don't decorate for the holidays, just a few snowmen for winter which isn't going anywhere right now.  Ice storm on Monday so couldn't even leave the house for two days (Minnesota).  That's ok, working a bit on keeping my mind challenged by online suduko, crossword, or jigsaw puzzles a bit each day.

Goldie

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I need to get motivated myself and make lots of stock.  I got so bombarded with just trying to stock my one big apple orchard account I just couldn't stay stocked up.  Well thats a good thing really that I got the business when I think about it.   I'm going to put my nose to the grind stone and get stocked early this year....and I already started.

Well, lets see, my Christmas tree is still up since I put it up the day b/4 Christmas and I don't care I'm keeping it up for the next few months.  It only has lights on it...but its so warm and cozy just to look at it and I'm by myself so who cares?

I've been getting in a cooking mode lately and really liking it trying all these concocktions so I think I'm going to make mac and cheese after I get off here.  

The weather is in the 70's and my yard looks like white trash lives here! ha!  Thats a job but I love being outside so I've been burning.  I swear to God for a single person to have so much stuff in my basement you would think that a family of 8 lived here instead of one!  So  I've been going through boxes and boxes of stuff I don't know why in the world I save but I do...(pack rat here I guess).  I've got bags of clothes that I'm donating to the Humane Society and other odds and ends.  My spare bedroom in the basement is nothing but organized boxes filled with stuff I've had since i was in my teens!  Why am I saving???Geesum crow!  Am I the only one who has stuff like that?  Man oh Man....For so long I have so much stuff to do that I go in one of the rooms in the basement to start on a project and I'm so over whelmed that I get disgusted and think...."Oh I'll just go upstairs and pour myself a Baileys and I'll go back downstairs in a little bit and start"......and it just doesn't seem to happen! Oh my word~  Then I think,,,,,,,well tomorrow I'll start bright and early like 7:00 and get so much done ......and then here it is noon and I still haven't made it to the basement.  What's wrong with this picture here?  I would rather vent than to go downstairs tonight.....I'll do it first thing in the morning!

Trappeur

???

I am exactly the same way!!

to much crap to go through I keep putting it off and my tree is still up and I don't care- it's not coming down anytime soon

I am a clean freak and run circles around myself doing the normal (for me normal) everyday stuff- laundry, dusting, wiping all counters, making beds, emptying garbage  cans, vacuuming tile floors 3 times a day and I'm so exhausted by then on top of working and getting any candles made to even think about going through stuff that needs to be cleaned out!

I am one of those of you can see it- clean it but if it's packed away or hidden in closets- leave it 

I have filing from 19 years in boxes in the basement that could probably be burned by now but that would require opening them and making a mess and going through it all.....think I will have a baileys instead ?

Ive been blah lately :( I'm sure 

the gloomy cold & rainy weather 

hasn't helped matters. I love 

reading what everyone is doing 

though :) Rain on Friday again 

and back in the 30s next week 

If only I could afford a long vacation somewhere ? ?

4 minutes ago, moonshine said:

???

to much crap to go through I keep putting it off and my tree is still up and I don't care- it's not coming down anytime soon

I am a clean freak and run circles around myself doing the normal (for me normal) everyday stuff- laundry, dusting, wiping all counters, making beds, emptying garbage  cans, vacuuming tile floors 3 times a day and I'm so exhausted by then on top of working and getting any candles made to even think about going through stuff that needs to be cleaned out!

I am one of those of you can see it- clean it but if it's packed away or hidden in closets- leave it 

I have filing from 19 years in boxes in the basement that could probably be burned by now but that would require opening them and making a mess and going through it all.....think I will have a baileys instead ?

??? I recently down sized 

and got rid of stuff I don't need anymore. 20+ years ago I did a lot of entertaining. Those days are long gone TG ! I come from a long line of crazy ? perfectionist ?

Im over all that. I'm content by myself & actually enjoy it. With the awesome responsibility of being my sons caregiver I feel alone time 

is a refuge & treat for me. I'll go out for lunch by myself sometimes 

? does anyone else do that or 

do you guys think it's weird ?

Honestly, I don't mind at all. 

Moonshine we will have to meet 

up for lunch over the summer 

I'd really enjoy that ! 

10 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Well, I found out I have Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. ? I can't hardly do ?   I wanna make soap!! ? 

I did clean out my master closet today. So I was a little productive ?

?

what does that mean? I'm sorry I hope it's curable or reversible 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Well, I found out I have Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. ? I can't hardly do ?   I wanna make soap!! ? 

Oh no :( how is this different from regular vertigo? Let me tell 

you, that is scary. Kelly, when my

daughter had it really bad , she 

did these exercises she saw on 

YouTube & said they did help

dont remember what they're called I'm sure you'll find it if you do a Google search. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

??? I recently down sized 

and got rid of stuff I don't need anymore. 20+ years ago I did a lot of entertaining. Those days are long gone TG ! I come from a long line of crazy ? perfectionist ?

Im over all that. I'm content by myself & actually enjoy it. With the awesome responsibility of being my sons caregiver I feel alone time 

is a refuge & treat for me. I'll go out for lunch by myself sometimes 

Honestly, I don't mind at all. 

Moonshine we will have to meet 

up for lunch over the summer 

I'd really enjoy that ! 

Yes we will, it would be great to meet you in person!

when I go get lunch during work I sit in my car for a period of time catching up on social media and enjoying the silence and people free zone....does that count? Lol

I own the business so I can get away with it ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, moonshine said:

?

what does that mean? I'm sorry I hope it's curable or reversible 

Well, I never heard of it. But somehow the crystals in my inner ear have moved into the wrong tube. They say most of the time  it's from hitting your head but I haven't so I don't know how it happened. I went to a physical therapist today because I was so dizzy/off balance I couldn't hardly walk. I felt like I was walking sideways and my vision is all messed up. It made me feel sick. The PT moved my head around to try and move the crystals to the correct tube. I go back tomorrow and may have to see the PT a few more times. It's the weirdest thing ever!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Yes we will, it would be great to meet you in person!

when I go get lunch during work I sit in my car for a period of time catching up on social media and enjoying the silence and people free zone....does that count? Lol

I own the business so I can get away with it ?

???? like a boss !

11 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Oh no :( how is this different from regular vertigo? Let me tell 

you, that is scary. Kelly, when my

daughter had it really bad , she 

did these exercises she saw on 

YouTube & said they did help

dont remember what they're called I'm sure you'll find it if you do a Google search. 

I don't have a clue how it's different. Hopefully the Physical therapist can get my crystals back where they go. ? Lol. Crazy!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrazeKelly said:

Well, I never heard of it. But somehow the crystals in my inner ear have moved into the wrong tube. They say most of the time  it's from hitting your head but I haven't so I don't know how it happened. I went to a physical therapist today because I was so dizzy/off balance I couldn't hardly walk. I felt like I was walking sideways and my vision is all messed up. It made me feel sick. The PT moved my head around to try and move the crystals to the correct tube. I go back tomorrow and may have to see the PT a few more times. It's the weirdest thing ever!!!

Omg that's exactly what by daughter said. Could be crystals in her ear & those are the exercises that I'm talking about 

she said they do help. Get better 

soon ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

. I'll go out for lunch by myself sometimes 

I go out to eat, go shopping, to the movies by myself all the time. I especially love going to the movies by myself. LOVE IT. My sister makes fun of me, but I don't give one iota. The best times I've ever seen movies is when I was by myself. 

One time I when The Hangover first came out, I went to a matinee showing. Not only did I go by myself, but I was literally the ONLY person in the entire theater. It was so awesome. Loved it. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, moonshine said:

???

I am one of those of you can see it- clean it 'if it's packed away or hidden in closets- leave it 

Omg....yep, me too Moonshine.....I too have as much in years of paperwork that has all been neatly filed in boxes in individual yellow manilla folders sitting in file cabinets as well as boxes.....Last year I just picked up a couple of boxes and flung them into the firepit I had going.  I thought I was going to be in trouble with some things I threw...but nope....but I did look through each folder to make sure there wasn't any money hidden that I used to do to have money....lol  Just last week I made 2 trips to the salvage yard and made money on metal of things I chucked....lol  Well that paid for gas to get down the mountain and to town..so that wasn't a lost cause.  I felt good about that.   Now my clothes? hmmmm don't get me started on that subject.  I would go up and down in weight over the years and why I save clothes that I know I will never get into again I just don't know!  There was at one time in my life I made it all the way down to a size 6.....lol....why in hell do I think I will ever get there again and save jeans that size?  I must be nuts.  I'll stick with my 10, 12's and 14's.....now the 16's???I'm throwing them as I don't even want to think about those size clothes.....!  If I creep up to that size, I'll damned if I have to take out jeans in that size that I might save because i'm not going to...I'll suffer and squeeze into my 14's and just don't zip em up and wear loose sweats or my plaid flannel men's shirts over the tops so no one can see what's underneath!  Now shoes...oh my god when I worked for this interior design firm for over 15 years I used to dress like I just stepped out of a magazine, high heels, silk blouses, beautiful dresses, suits....Now that I'm in the mountains I haven't gotten out of sweats and jeans and flannel shirts but I love it.  Just a few weeks ago I went with a friend of mine to a Christmas party and she bought me a beautiful shirt and I dug out a pair of black high heel dress open toe sandals and just about fell over walking in them....They didn't last long on me as off they came when we got to the party and I spent the night in my bare stockings shoeless!   So I guess I'll get rid of my shoes cause I'll never wear them.

Trappeur

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KrazeKelly said:

I sometimes get horrid vertigo. The nauseating kind  :unsure:... recently watched a short video about the half somersault maneuver to alleviate the vertigo spins! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ucpWIIC3g

• Like 1

I neeeeeeed to make soooooooaaaapppp. Tomorrow I will make it ALL if it kills me. 

We we adopted a blue heeler last week. Turns out the shelter was brewing kennel cough from the vet where the dogs were neutered. The same vet where I took my girls for their shots the day before. I should have thought more about the sign on the door requesting if your dog is coughing leave it in the car... sigh. The vax for it did nothing.

Long story longer all three developed the worst symptoms :cry2:. No sleep for any of us. Spending most of my time washing, bleaching and soothing them all. My old gal, Gracie the wonderlab has it the worst. The youngsters Paisley and Dipper the new Boy seem like they are on the tail end. What I would not give for a decent sleep. Deprivation has me so far off my game I need to invent a new game where I am not eliminated in the first round :D 

• Like 4

On 1/17/2017 at 9:46 PM, KrazeKelly said:

I'm gonna make some soap if it kills me!! ? 

I'm feel'n ya Kelly... Same thing here. 

My! MY! Ain't all y'all the lot! Good LORD!
Kelly can't see straight but still want's to play with dangerous chemicals and her crystal's are out of alignment so she's gonna take up gymnastics... (o.O)  
J's do'n way too much at one time (which is a good thing because this is normal),
Trapuer's got White Trash hang'n out in her yard when she's not look'n AND she's moved up from candles to bonfires,
Moonstar's out eat'n by herself, (THERE'S just NO CALL for that Moonie!),   
and TT's lose'n her damned mind with a house full of hack'n dogs, 99 bottles of bleach on the floor, and no sleep...  

HEAVENS! 

I *thought* I was have'n a bad week, but read'n 'bout all y'all's swung my left ear from pinned to straight up... For once, my life's look'n pretty good! (write that down on the calendar, 'cause you'll likely never hear it again outta me)  

In fact it might look good enough to make some soap...

*maybe*. 

IN the MEAN time: 

309649.png

Spon-ie-br that started the whole world laughing... o.O (Vuja de man!)

• Like 5