Pillar Candle technique

33 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

There used to be some similar to this in the techniques or tutorial section. Let me look and I'll see if I can find them. 

@Scented is our resident expert on pillar techniques like this. 

There is a tutorial on a marbled technique, but it's similar but not exactly like this. 

Thank you for your help...I will check out that section.  I will take any help I can get!

Brad

Boy I'd like to see the tops of those. I actually think it's machine done and that there's a white core. I could be wrong, but you could try piling a bunch of rings into a mold with different colors, fill it and then heat gun it till it starts melting and a slight amount of movement starts. IF you heat gun, it would probably be good not to do it close to where your wick is because any glue devise you use will melt. 

I've also seen these types of things done with dumping a slush of wax and color in and then applying the heat to fill the holes. It's the closest description I could find to try to describe it.

Initially, I thought those were marbled pillars but not sure. Marbled pillars are very easy to make, but those are like layered, tilted, and swirled marbled pillars. KWIM?

Don't know if this helps you but Candles and Supplies gives classes on all kinds of candle techniques and I'm sure one of their instructors can help you with that.

I love the looks of those pillars Brad! I have been oogling over these votives I saw also. In a way they look like palm wax, but then again I don't think so....anyone have any thoughts?image.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by sandy511
I uploaded the same picture twice