My New WSP Order Arrived Today

Moonstar

My WSP order arrived today + boy am I happy ! They are FO purchases I made last week during their 35% off sale. I was so bummed that many of the ones I wanted were 

sold out completely and ones I wasn't sure of and ordered smaller bottles, I could now kick myself for not getting a full pound. 

Peony : Boy do I like this one and Im not a floral person - at all ! It actually smells like the pink peonies I have in my garden + I like this one so much better than the one I 

ordered from The Chemistry Store . After the New Year I'll be testing this in candles for Spring + Mothers day and a few other applications. Thanks Beaches for letting me 

know about this FO - Hope you like yours as much as I do .

Lemon Seed + Parsley : Not sure how they do this but I can actually smell lemon seeds lol ! the parsley is in there too - Love this - so fresh ! 

Fig + Rosemary : Oh my - so - so good ! Ive been not too happy with some figs but this is nice with a touch of sweetness. Could kick myself for not getting 1#

Apple Pie : This ones good too. Similar to many apple pies but it has a very nice richness to it + not overly spice, which I like. 

Vanilla Buttercream : Smells just like buttercream frosting :) Super yummy ! 

Hot Cocoa :  Smells great - hoping I don't get a weird plastic -y chocolate smell when its burning as a candle. Super good though :) 

Vanilla Hazelnut  - Repurchase + its super good - glad there were 1 # bottles available. 

PPW : Really good - Love it ! 

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar - I can actually smell the brown sugar - Really good but Ive never tried any others to compare it too . 

Also, the Frosted Cranberry i ended up putting it in wax - it is really good. When I first received it I thought it was good but not anything special 

after sitting in my closet for about 6 weeks I really loved it . 

I have to say Ive been very happy with what Ive ordered from here. It does take about a week for them to ship though so don't order something if you need it right away.

Next time I'll be more prepared before their 35% sales + have my FO in my cart from the day before. 

• Like 2

I use their 

VBN

autumn lodge

witches brew 

vanilla oak

clean cotton

Spearmint eucalyptus

fireside

sun and sand 

Dune grass

fresh bamboo

I also have fresh picked pomelo- Fraser fir-rainforest- mahogany teakwood- fabuloso lavender-and angel that I need to get in wax still 

Love their oils....I also have used their raspberry lemonade which is really good but switched to cherry lemonade from MC  because it was more requested 

you should check out sweetcakes....they have some wonderful oils, a little pricey but so worth it and unique 

• Like 2

OMgosh Moonstar!.......I want everyone you ordered!   Like you I'm not a floral person, so the only one that I would be hesitant on is the Peony.  You'll have to advise after you get in wax if it is nice or what....

The only ones I have ever ordered from them is the VBN and Frosted Cranberry.  The frosted cranberry is STRONG!  and I like very very much!

I'll have to wait till after the holidays to order as I have soooooo many oils I have just received and haven't tested yet.  But these I'm definitely trying.....By the way, I ordered 2 pounds of the Lemon Biscottti from Fillmore that I got the other day by the great reviews you have on it.  I already have some made up in it.  Hope they throw for me!

Trappeur

19 hours ago, moonshine said:

I use their 

VBN

autumn lodge

witches brew 

vanilla oak

clean cotton

Spearmint eucalyptus

fireside

sun and sand 

Dune grass

fresh bamboo

I also have fresh picked pomelo- Fraser fir-rainforest- mahogany teakwood- fabuloso lavender-and angel that I need to get in wax still 

Love their oils....I also have used their raspberry lemonade which is really good but switched to cherry lemonade from MC  because it was more requested 

you should check out sweetcakes....they have some wonderful oils, a little pricey but so worth it and unique 

Speramint Euc was OOS and so was the Cucumber Mint - really want to get a pound of those - especially at 35%off . Do you know if thats just a 1 x a year

sale or do they offer a few times a year ? I'll be very prepared next time :/ 

14 hours ago, Trappeur said:

OMgosh Moonstar!.......I want everyone you ordered!   Like you I'm not a floral person, so the only one that I would be hesitant on is the Peony.  You'll have to advise after you get in wax if it is nice or what....

The only ones I have ever ordered from them is the VBN and Frosted Cranberry.  The frosted cranberry is STRONG!  and I like very very much!

I'll have to wait till after the holidays to order as I have soooooo many oils I have just received and haven't tested yet.  But these I'm definitely trying.....By the way, I ordered 2 pounds of the Lemon Biscottti from Fillmore that I got the other day by the great reviews you have on it.  I already have some made up in it.  Hope they throw for me!

Trappeur

Please let me know how the Lemon Biscotti does for you. I too love the Frosted Cranberry - smells fresh ! Cannot wait to try my new FO's. I was surprised at how 

nice the Peony is being Im not a floral fan. Did you ever try the daffodil I sent you ? On a side note - it is cold - cold - cold here ! Next week the highs will be in the 

mid teens - as in 13 -17 degrees as a high lol ! Florida here I come lol ! 

19 hours ago, ktaggard said:

I love their Citrus Cilantro! I mix with Orange EO. And the scent holds great in CP soap. 

I also use their ginger spice, velvet sugar, verbana lemon, and cedarwood sage.

I don't care for their love spell or lemon sugar. 

Thanks ! Citrus Cilantro was of course SO during their 35% off sale :( Theres 2 cedar wood sage - are you referring to just the FO or EO + FO blend 

how would you best describe that scent ? Is it overly masculine ? The Velvet Sugar sounds awesome !!  - wonder how it goes in wax ? 

6 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Thanks ! Citrus Cilantro was of course SO during their 35% off sale :( Theres 2 cedar wood sage - are you referring to just the FO or EO + FO blend 

how would you best describe that scent ? Is it overly masculine ? The Velvet Sugar sounds awesome !!  - wonder how it goes in wax ? 

Sorry about the Citrus Cilantro. I probably bought them out during the sale. One of our top sellers in soap, lotion, butters etc. :) we use the fo/so blend for Cedarwood sage. It is very woodsy, but not overly masuline. I had a lady order it for wedding soaps last summer. I think she wanted something unisex, and this fit the bill. But I will say - more men like this than women.  

I have only used Velvet Sugar in bath and Body products. My teenage daughters love it. It is a very sweet, young smell, if that makes sense. A lot like pink Sugar with a fruity/powdery twist. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 0:07 PM, Moonstar said:

My WSP order arrived today + boy am I happy ! They are FO purchases I made last week during their 35% off sale. I was so bummed that many of the ones I wanted were 

sold out completely and ones I wasn't sure of and ordered smaller bottles, I could now kick myself for not getting a full pound. 

Peony : Boy do I like this one and Im not a floral person - at all ! It actually smells like the pink peonies I have in my garden + I like this one so much better than the one I 

ordered from The Chemistry Store . After the New Year I'll be testing this in candles for Spring + Mothers day and a few other applications. Thanks Beaches for letting me 

know about this FO - Hope you like yours as much as I do .

Lemon Seed + Parsley : Not sure how they do this but I can actually smell lemon seeds lol ! the parsley is in there too - Love this - so fresh ! 

Fig + Rosemary : Oh my - so - so good ! Ive been not too happy with some figs but this is nice with a touch of sweetness. Could kick myself for not getting 1#

Apple Pie : This ones good too. Similar to many apple pies but it has a very nice richness to it + not overly spice, which I like. 

Vanilla Buttercream : Smells just like buttercream frosting :) Super yummy ! 

Hot Cocoa :  Smells great - hoping I don't get a weird plastic -y chocolate smell when its burning as a candle. Super good though :) 

Vanilla Hazelnut  - Repurchase + its super good - glad there were 1 # bottles available. 

PPW : Really good - Love it ! 

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar - I can actually smell the brown sugar - Really good but Ive never tried any others to compare it too . 

Also, the Frosted Cranberry i ended up putting it in wax - it is really good. When I first received it I thought it was good but not anything special 

after sitting in my closet for about 6 weeks I really loved it . 

I have to say Ive been very happy with what Ive ordered from here. It does take about a week for them to ship though so don't order something if you need it right away.

Next time I'll be more prepared before their 35% sales + have my FO in my cart from the day before. 

I finally got to smell my order from the sale.  I really love the Peony, what a deal.  I also like the Hazelnut Vanilla, and the Cucumber Mint and they are well worth the $10 or so each I paid for them.  I detest the Vanilla Blossom, it is so disgusting.  Next time I will be more careful about ordering scents like that.  I can't wait for the next 35% sale from there.  I wonder when they normally happen?

Sometimes WSP has random sale times throughout the year for 20% and 35% off, sometimes for all fragrance oils and sometimes for groups of them. Also check your account...there are now "coupons" for things like free mica samples, free sample fragrance oils, etc. that expire within 30 days (or something like that).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryta said:

Sometimes WSP has random sale times throughout the year for 20% and 35% off, sometimes for all fragrance oils and sometimes for groups of them. Also check your account...there are now "coupons" for things like free mica samples, free sample fragrance oils, etc. that expire within 30 days (or something like that).

do they send to your email or do you have to login to your account to see the coupons?  I don't recall ever getting one from them by email.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

do they send to your email or do you have to login to your account to see the coupons?  I don't recall ever getting one from them by email.

Both .... they notify you for random flash sales or specials + they you have to log in to see your coupons. Typically, what Ive noticed is Fo's that you've 

ordered in the past are 5% off and they'll also have a 100% coupons for random items. For example I had a 100% off for a milky way mold, I choose

another round bee guest mold + 1 lb of citric acid. So make you you leave reviews thats how your coupons pop up. They expire monthly so use them 

if your ordering anyhow. I have to say, I really like the oils Ive gotten. The VBN is just awesome + it really lingers, even in my melts. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 9:37 PM, Beaches said:

I finally got to smell my order from the sale.  I really love the Peony, what a deal.  I also like the Hazelnut Vanilla, and the Cucumber Mint and they are well worth the $10 or so each I paid for them.  I detest the Vanilla Blossom, it is so disgusting.  Next time I will be more careful about ordering scents like that.  I can't wait for the next 35% sale from there.  I wonder when they normally happen?

I so ticked the cucumber mint was sold out.I really like the peony + Hazelnut vanilla. I made sugar scrubs as gifts at my sons school they were a big hit - everyone loved 

the vanilla hazelnut. Ive heard really good reviews about their Lemon + verbena type. Its pricey but Im going to try it along with their Oatmeal Milk + honey and others 

oh yeah - wild honeysuckle) that I can't think of right now. Ive been very happy with what Ive been ordering. I think Im going to try the ECO wicks with my 464 soy wax . You said

you've had good results. Ive been using CD wicks + Im getting way too much wax hang-up on my jars from where the wicks lean and they get SO hot too :( 

Happy New Year to you !!! 

On 12/31/2016 at 10:03 AM, kandlekrazy said:

Moonstar explained it well. You have to go to your account to see all your "coupons"... they don't email you at all about them. I missed a few at the beginning because I did not know they were there!

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2016 at 9:37 PM, Beaches said:

Did you ever get around to testing the peony -  Cucumber Mint or Hazelnut vanilla ? Im going to try out the peony soon, I think it'll be nice for Mothers Day. 

Hazelnut Vanilla I used in emulsified sugar scrub, everyone loved that one :) Im gonna try by hand at bath bombs so I ordered a few samples from NG 

I got OMH - light + ok but I know I can find better - Almond Honey - Good but Id like to try the one from WSP - Cucumber Melon - super light can't detect much

melon or cucumber ( CS honey Dew is much nicer ) Cucumber Splash - pretty good, its light + fresh. Some of the notes are white florals but its not flowery.

Ive heard sweet cakes has a good cucumber melon as does WSP. Overall Im not to impressed with NG, but thats just me. Although they do 

have a few good ones though :) To me they smell weaker OOB + less quality than other FO's Ive tried.

Edited by Moonstar

12 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

The Vanilla Buttercream is awesome, isn't it ?? I recently made a blend of that, WSP Angel Food Cake and Candle Source Pink Sugar and they all work sooooo well together 

Its very good + I love the blends you created :) Update on the Chestnuts + brown sugar - I did not like in in my wax, smelled burnt :( 

I want to try WSP OMH + they also have a oats + honey which they're probably similar so I need to decide which to order. If anyones tried these

please let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 8:08 PM, Moonstar said:

Any favorites from WSP .... Im really loving their oils :) 

Love cake batter ice cream, verbena, lemongrass verbena, citrus cilantro, butterscotch, peony, mango sorbet, lavender fabuloso and angel food cake.  There are some others but I can't remember them right now.

Edited by soshiegirl
added more fragrances
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

Love cake batter ice cream, verbena, lemongrass verbena, citrus cilantro, butterscotch, peony, mango sorbet, lavender fabuloso and angel food cake.  There are some others but I can't remember them right now.

I second Cake Batter Ice Cream and Angel Food Cake. They are both great alone or as mixers. The Angel Food Cake is particularly awesome blended with blackberry or strawberry. 

Which brings me to two other recs for them, lol. Fresh Picked Blackberry and Sweet Strawberry. Their Birthday Cake oil is great. I like to make layer candles in their Dreamsicle and Banana, because their banana smells spot on like a banana Popsicle, that is what it should be called, I think ! 

So of you like banana popsicles, you should def check out their Banana oil. Steer clear of their Warm Vanilla Sugar and Pink Sugar. Idk what they were thinking but those two are not even in the same zip code as the originals. 

They both smell oddly similar too, like powder and strong musk. They were so bad, I tossed them both. And I got an 8 oz of the pink sugar ! 

Now, their VBN is the best I ever tried. I want to try their Hello Sugar type...but their other ' Sugar ' dupes make me not...the fact that they smell so similar makes me think that it is something very off with their Sugar note ? 

But other than that, WSP is my fave so far, aside from CC

Edited to add : OMG, I need more coffee, how else could I forget these three oils ?!! Peppermint Cream, Espresso, and White Chocolate...all great blenders and amaaaazing together, especially around the holidays for a White Peppermint Mocha blend :)

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I second Cake Batter Ice Cream and Angel Food Cake. They are both great alone or as mixers. The Angel Food Cake is particularly awesome blended with blackberry or strawberry. 

Which brings me to two other recs for them, lol. Fresh Picked Blackberry and Sweet Strawberry. Their Birthday Cake oil is great. I like to make layer candles in their Dreamsicle and Banana, because their banana smells spot on like a banana Popsicle, that is what it should be called, I think ! 

So of you like banana popsicles, you should def check out their Banana oil. Steer clear of their Warm Vanilla Sugar and Pink Sugar. Idk what they were thinking but those two are not even in the same zip code as the originals. 

They both smell oddly similar too, like powder and strong musk. They were so bad, I tossed them both. And I got an 8 oz of the pink sugar ! 

Now, their VBN is the best I ever tried. I want to try their Hello Sugar type...but their other ' Sugar ' dupes make me not...the fact that they smell so similar makes me think that it is something very off with their Sugar note ? 

But other than that, WSP is my fave so far, aside from CC

Edited to add : OMG, I need more coffee, how else could I forget these three oils ?!! Peppermint Cream, Espresso, and White Chocolate...all great blenders and amaaaazing together, especially around the holidays for a White Peppermint Mocha blend :)

OMG your totally motivating me - your so so bad LMAO !!  I too really like their oils. Indiana candle supple has a good Pink Sugar and Talltayl has a pink sugar

that is in her co op that she's doing. I think I might try that . Thanks for the heads up on WVS + Pink sugar. Which wax do you use that your getting good results 

with these, Im assuming you do candles + not wax melts ? Thanks again for chiming in :) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

OMG your totally motivating me - your so so bad LMAO !!  I too really like their oils. Indiana candle supple has a good Pink Sugar and Talltayl has a pink sugar

that is in her co op that she's doing. I think I might try that . Thanks for the heads up on WVS + Pink sugar. Which wax do you use that your getting good results 

with these, Im assuming you do candles + not wax melts ? Thanks again for chiming in :) 

I get way too carried away with blends, lol ! I do melts in the ecosoya blend, glass glow palm wax and just starting GW 464 so all of those are still curing :) 

• Like 1

I just realized that the way I worded my last reply was a bit confusing ! Let me clarify : The scents work great and have great throw in my melts and palm, but the GW 464 are still curing since the wax is so new to me :)

Cold throw so far is pretty good already, on the 464, as far as the ones I've used. I expect that they will have good hot throw since I've had good luck with them in other waxes ! 

The Sweet Strawberry, the Peppermint Creme and Espresso have been particularly strong for me in the past 

• Like 1