What do you do with tester wax that didn't' work out?

hurricanecreek15

They're so easy to make, gives new life to old little critters and they're whimsical air fresheners.  I've only made them with straight paraffin, but most likely a blend would still work.  When they are made with a harder wax, they take on a more glossy effect.  I made some little birds (cardinals) that worked well, but don't tell anyone I took the tags off of Beanie Babies.  :)

• Like 2

I now only pour 2 of each new scent I test. I melt 1 and if it passes the initial test, I have a second to use for blending. I will pour more once I know a scent will be included in my line up. This way I am not "wasting" lots of wax. 

I keep a bag or box of all of the single Melt Cups which did not make it through testing and every couple of months, my Stepdaughter gets a box in the mail of unlabeled melts which she loves!! I also share with some young friends who are stay at home mamas and may be watching budget closely.

Often, the scents which I do not proceed are not selected because they are too close to scents I already have in the line, or another supplier's version was better in my wax blend. So, nothing wrong with them, just not winners for me.

I do not bother labeling them as they are not something anyone can request from me again.

So, while I will not sell Melts I do not think are 100% (my brand is too valuable to me), think about a friend of family member who perhaps cannot budget for something like wax and pass them on. Toss in a $10 Glade wax warmer and make it a special gift!

• Like 3