Wholesale opportunity!!

Jcandleattic

YAY - I was approached at my last craft fair by a lady who is interested in my candles and soaps wholesale for her shop. I haven't gotten details as to whether these would be private label, or if I'd have my name/logo/label yet, but it's sort of exciting. I've only done wholesale once, and it was rather successful for me for about 3 years, then the shop closed and I went on hiatus, so I'm hoping this one is as successful but the shop doesn't close. :)

• Like 9

Congratualations Jane!  Good for you......many many best wishes for you.  I love your soaps......as you know I bought a few from you.  Janes soaps are truly awesome....works of art!

Oh yes, keep us posted what transpires.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Congratualations Jane!  Good for you......many many best wishes for you.  I love your soaps......as you know I bought a few from you.  Janes soaps are truly awesome....works of art!

Oh yes, keep us posted what transpires.....

Trappeur

Thank you! And I haven't forgotten about the box I need to send you, and apologize it's been so long. I all of a sudden got busier than I could imagine. I plan on getting them boxed and shipped this week though... :)

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Congratulations ! Your products always look amazing !!!! :)  Does she have a gift shop or is it a bath + body shop ? Please keep us posted :) Great Job !

Thank you so much. It's a little gift shop in a strip mall in the town just north of me, so hopping all goes well.. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Thank you so much. It's a little gift shop in a strip mall in the town just north of me, so hopping all goes well.. :)

You'll do great!   Have you figured out like what you minimum is going to be if any?

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

You'll do great!   Have you figured out like what you minimum is going to be if any?

Trappeur

Yes, for candles, at least a case of each scent - so 12 each, and for soaps at least 3 loaves, so 33 bars. I know that is not big, but for now, that suits me. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. I haven't got the account yet. I just sent her the pricing a week ago, so we'll see. If it works out, GREAT. If not, no biggie, but it would be nice. :)

2 hours ago, Terry said:

What a great opportunity!  Congratulations to one of my soap heros on the board!   :yes:

:blush: you are so sweet. Thank you! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Wishing you the VERY best Jcandleattic! You work so hard and deserve it! :)

Thank you! I'm only offering 5 scents in 2 sizes for candles, and the same scents in my typical size for soaps. Minimums, 1 case each size and scent for candles, and 1 loaf each scent for soap. I decided on the KISS method... Still haven't heard back, but eh, either I will or I won't. I'm not sweating it. :D 

• Like 2

Congratulations!  That's so exciting.  I just got my first wholesale for soap two weeks ago.  Smart to keep it simple.  I set a minimum of 6 bars of each scent which I call a case in my contract.   Hope it works for out for you!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I never did hear back from that lady, which is fine. I sent her my wholesale pricing and a contract if she wanted to do business, but honestly I think she just wanted to purchase my stuff at her leisure, at wholesale pricing. Nope, that's not how wholesale works. Oh well.. 

1 hour ago, kandlekrazy said:

It could just be the holidays have her really busy in her store and she will get back to you after the New Year.

I doubt it, because she told me it was specifically for the grand opening of her store, for the holidays. I gave her plenty of time to buy, have the stuff ready for sale/stocked etc., but just never heard back from her. 

Sorry that happened to you. I like to think that when that happens to me and the person doesn't get back to me that I may have dodged a bullet. Sometimes people tend to 'talk the talk' but not deliver. Who wants to do business with someone like that?!!

Also, like you said, sometimes they just want to get that 'wholesale' price but aren't really interested in actually starting an account with you.