What say you?

samirish

What do YOU consider a long lasting melt? I have bought the ones from Walmart, I believe they are Better Homes and Garden brand and they last about a day and a half in my little outlet warmer.  I think this is acceptable.  What do you guys think?  Has anyone compared this brand to Scentsy and how do they compare?  How long do you aim for, when making your own melts?

Samirish

I think long lasting is 6+ hours. That is what most vendors melts last for that I have tried. I don't like when people advertise that their melts last days. I've seen a vendor advertise here as lasting 3 weeks. 

I usually keep my warmers on 24 hours a day. So there's no way any wax melt in existence is going to last days. Some people melt for 2 hours a day and claim something lasts a week when in fact, that week was only 10 hours of melt time, not even half a day. I have had one vendor and one vendor only whose wax has lasted more than 24 hours. Other than that, everyone else is a good 6-10 hours. But if wax lasts 4 hours I don't write it off. I change my wax a lot.