Container wax vs Pillar wax for tarts. Blending question.

WaxAttacks

For those who blend waxes to make their tarts, do you find that it's better to have a higher ratio of container wax or a higher ratio of pillar/votive wax? Or an equal blend of both? In my personal experimenting I have discovered that a higher amount of container wax will provide a great scent throw, but the melts won't last long. A higher amount of pillar/votive wax will provide a longer lasting melt, but throw might now be as strong out the gate. Does anyone else find this to be true or am I just overthinking everything as usual? Lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, number2of7 said:

You also need to consider your wax melt packaging while you're experimenting.  Too much of the container wax and your wax won't "pop out" of clamshells and the like.  Just figured I'd throw that extra tidbit in there in case you hadn't considered it.

You also need to understand that not all melters have the bowl part that pops out so you can put it in the freezer to cause the wax to release.    Digging wax out of the melter or using paper towels to absorb hot wax seems to garner negative responses.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/14/2016 at 2:53 PM, WaxAttacks said:

For those who blend waxes to make their tarts, do you find that it's better to have a higher ratio of container wax or a higher ratio of pillar/votive wax? Or an equal blend of both? In my personal experimenting I have discovered that a higher amount of container wax will provide a great scent throw, but the melts won't last long. A higher amount of pillar/votive wax will provide a longer lasting melt, but throw might now be as strong out the gate. Does anyone else find this to be true or am I just overthinking everything as usual? Lol. 

I am still testing and figuring out differences in wax as far as scent throw goes, but I do find pillar/votive wax seems to last a great amount of time.  I was thinking the same as you in terms of container wax being wonderful for scent throw, but then theres vendors like CFTKR who uses all pillar/votive with a booming business and confuses me again LOL.  Im continuing to test.  Good luck and post your findings.  I find everyone here to be wonderful and so helpful. 

• Like 1