4625 or 450?

DasBreenee

Okay so I purchased some 4630 container wax and 4625 pillar wax for making Tarts. I have tested the two together with only two scents so far. The first one gave a week throw (im assuming it was the oil) and the second one is giving me a pretty decent throw but not knock your socks off like I would prefer lol. 

So the 4625 states it has a 6% fragrance load, while the 4630 has 8-10. So I've been doing 8%. 

I have some left over 450 that I was testing with other waxes. It has a 7% load, which obviously sounds better than 6% lol. 

Has anyone tested out 4630 with either of these that cares to give their feedback? The problend 450 is also in pellet form which makes it so much easier. The 4625 is a rock hard slab. /sigh. 

I didn't have much luck with 450 with the other waxes I tested it with. Which concerns me. I tested it with 400 container wax and it didn't do very well for me. But 400 in my opinion holds oil CRAZY well. 

I'm also currently doing a 60/40 mix. 60% 4630 and 40% 4625. I would do 50/50 but I'm afraid it will be too soft. I feel it's a little too soft now, but I don't want to up the pillar wax because it has less fragrance load

Opinions please?! :) 

I just ordered 4630 but plan on mixing with eco pillar blend - Ill let you know how it works out . In the past I've also used 6006 with eco pillar as well and

that was pretty good but wanted to try the 4630. Never heard of 450 - thats a paraffin ? Which oil did you use that you mentioned is weak ? Are you curing

your melts, if so, for how long ? I think type of melters plays a role as well , IMHO 

44 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I just ordered 4630 but plan on mixing with eco pillar blend - Ill let you know how it works out . In the past I've also used 6006 with eco pillar as well and

that was pretty good but wanted to try the 4630. Never heard of 450 - thats a paraffin ? Which oil did you use that you mentioned is weak ? Are you curing

your melts, if so, for how long ? I think type of melters plays a role as well , IMHO 

Oops, I was going to respond to your post and realized I made an error. I've never tried PB450, the one I was referring to is PB650 from TFC. Its a para-soy votive and tart blend. They cured for a very long time and still nothing. My mistake OP on the 450 vs 650. What don't  you liked about the 6006 and eco pb that you are trying something new? I was curious to try that mix myself. 

9 hours ago, FB157 said:

Oops, I was going to respond to your post and realized I made an error. I've never tried PB450, the one I was referring to is PB650 from TFC. Its a para-soy votive and tart blend. They cured for a very long time and still nothing. My mistake OP on the 450 vs 650. What don't  you liked about the 6006 and eco pb that you are trying something new? I was curious to try that mix myself. 

I guess like many Im always searching for something better lol ! Id give it a try and see what you think - its really pretty good ! Id be curios on hearing your 

thoughts if you do try it. Sometimes I wonder how well my sense of smell really is ??? 

I'm letting them sit for a couple days before testing. It's all paraffin so it doesn't really need cure time like soy would. 

I tried out green apple from the flaming candle and it was pretty weak. I got a small throw from a 24w hot plate. But almost nothing from a bulb warmer I have. I could really only smell it within the area with the hot plate. Then I tried birthday cake from flaming candle as well and it seemed to throw pretty well. I put about half an ounce into a hot plate and bulb. Only problem was it seemed to take a while to melt completely. It would have smaller pieces left that would take a bit to melt. Then my dad made a mistake and used a WHOLE shape I made in our hot plate. About 1.05 oz lol. It did throw like a champ though!