Fun weekend planned?

Jcandleattic

Not sure I'd say my weekend plans are fun, but I like doing it, and it has to get done, so there's that. I'll be making another 100-150lbs of masterbatch oils, some more masterbatch lye, I have to wrap and label up some curing soap for my show next weekend, and I am going to work on my packaging and labeling for my fizzies. I've sold a few to family and friends, but I haven't taken any to any shows yet, but I'd like to take what I have to my show next weekend, but only if I get the wrapping and labeling to look decent. We'll see. 

That's what I have planned, what about everyone else? 

sounds like more fun than what I have planned... though, in its own strange way I think cleaning and organizing can be fun - if not ridiculously time consuming.

I need to reorganize two BIG areas:

1) my pottery throwing area. I have access to a 15x17 space to dedicate with doors, shelving and ROOOOOOM. The kicker is that it is filled with baby/child things. Hoping a quick Craigslist curb alert will clear away 12 years of childhood remnants. If those toys have feelings like Toy Story I'll be crying to say good bye.

2) the kiln shop. Ugh. I share this space with DH's wood shop. It needs a wall of floor to ceiling shelving for all the pottery chemicals and stages of work. Then I need to tackle the mountain of wood and tools. And another set of shelves to house the stuff I need for the barn (fencing materials, etc) and keep it all out of my newly cleared and cleaned tack room.

I guess the "real" challenge is to keep it all organized once finished. It takes 3.2 seconds for the whole thing to fall apart at the seams!

I don't mind organizing, and this year I have done a better job than most because I find the more stuff I have, the easier it is to get lost or in the way if I don't just put it back where it belongs when I'm finished. I'm even getting better about cleaning up after a session instead of letting it sit until the next time I want to go create. It got to be such a hassle to have to clean before I would create each time, to where I would clean and then say F it, and just not create, but the time immediately following that, I could go and just do instead of clean first. Found I LOVED that, so made it easier to remind myself to just do it at the end of a session every time. 

That being said, I take a week every year between Christmas and New Year and just completely clean and reorganize my lab... 

Sorry, I know I'm rambling. 

• Like 1

I ended up just cleaning my lab today.

My son plays hockey, and it can get very expensive, so his league decided to combat that by having everyone do a biometric type screening to alleviate some monthly expense. Anyway, it took about 45 minutes per person, then he had a game, so that took up 4 hours of my day. 

Long story longer, I felt like I wouldn't be able to get much done and didn't want to start anything only to have to stop in the middle of it, so cleaning it was... 

Since tomorrow is DST turn back, I figure it will feel like a longer day, so I will try and get a bunch done tomorrow. 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

What I should be doing is trimming, beveling, cleaning, polishing, wrapping and labeling soap... I'm pretty sure almost everything I have at the house is beveled, now I just need to do all that other jazz. :/ Then I'll only have another 4 more batches to finish up. I really do need to get off my butt and get this done, oh but the ennui... Oh look! Straw!!! I betcha I can make a candle outta that!!! o.O 

Oh, I probably should sleep at some point as well.