DPG & oil for warmers

bfroberts

I *thought* I was going to make fragrance oil for use in warmers by mixing FO with DPG.  But I was just now on WSP website, and I saw this on the DPG product page:

We have tested this product mixed 50/50 with a fragrance oil and found that the two products do not blend together. They will mix at the beginning but over time they will separate. For this reason our description states that the DPG does not mix with most oils. That being said, many people do still use DPG in oil warmers and potpourri.

Would I be better off using another light oil as a carrier?   If so, what would be appropriate?
Thanks! 

Over hoe much time  I wonder? I have some here that are months old and no sign of separation. Maybe it is their choice of DPG? or the FO they chose?

To answer your question, fractionated Coconut Oil is usually a safe choice. colorless, odorless, withstands heat and has a long shelf life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Over hoe much time  I wonder? I have some here that are months old and no sign of separation. Maybe it is their choice of DPG? or the FO they chose?

To answer your question, fractionated Coconut Oil is usually a safe choice. colorless, odorless, withstands heat and has a long shelf life.

I wondered if it was just their DPG, because the reviews I was reading on NG's DPG suggest it might be better.  But I don't know.  If there is no specific reason to use DPG I'm perfectly fine with fractionated coc. oil.  I have that on hand anyway, so no need to order anything.  That's a win-win.  Thank you!

• Like 1