Our First Attempt at Chunky Melts

MaggieMay

First off Thanks to Pums52 for all her pics and encouragement, and to everyone else who

contributed as well

This weekend is and still is Grandie Daughter weekend. We had a blast, coming up with scent blends and what colors to use.

First blend choices and colors was my GD's, 

blue, winter solstice

green, cool citrus basil 

white over pour, bonsai citrus ginger, it's very spaish lol

second one we are using the same name of Horse Whispers as they were using on this board. Thank You we love that name!!!!

we have eight horses so this name is very fitting!!!

green, green apple

orange, home spun sugar

over pour, sweet grass

yet to be done is birthday cake

white cake, butter cream and black berry vanilla

my fruitcake blend

cherry

lime crystal kisses

pineapple

over pour fruitcake

whatta think. We're having a blast

I can't figure out how to post pics Grr 

Edited by MaggieMay
Pics were wrong
  • Like 4

Aren't grandkids the best ! They are so much fun - especially the girls. Your blends sound awesome ! On the horse whiskers who makes those oils ? 

Cant wait to hear how the final result turned out when you test them ? How did you you come up with a wax combo - are you happy with it ? 

My grandkids just love making things too. The twins are 7 and 9 - the 7 year old is a entrepreneur in the making lol ! Glad you guys had fun !!!

• Like 2

YAY MAGGIEMAY AND GRANDDAUGHTER !!!!! :rockon::icon_highfive::yay: You gals came up with some nice blends!! I'm so tickled you both had a blast doing these!! That's what it's all about...having fun while learning!! I would love to see pics too, but it sounds like you are on your way to creating these awesome chunk tart melts! :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Aren't grandkids the best ! They are so much fun - especially the girls. Your blends sound awesome ! On the horse whiskers who makes those oils ? 

Cant wait to hear how the final result turned out when you test them ? How did you you come up with a wax combo - are you happy with it ? 

My grandkids just love making things too. The twins are 7 and 9 - the 7 year old is a entrepreneur in the making lol ! Glad you guys had fun !!!

I love my GD, she is 15 and

so much fun to be around. 

for the Horse Whisper blend

I used IGI 4798 wax. It's soft enough to cut with a knife. 

Green Apple from NG

Home Spun Sugar from BCN, I love this one. 

Sweet Grass from Voyaguers, I think it's from BB

We also used these silicone square molds. We filled them with colored wax, then cut them into squares. Then refilled them the chunks of wax and did our over pours.

image.jpg

Edited by MaggieMay
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, MaggieMay said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=703ca4a7308cd2efimageproxy.php?img=&key=703ca4a7308cd2ef

image.jpg

OH!!!!! Those are FANTASTIC MaggieMay and Granddaughter !!! :icon_highfive::yay: Gorgeous pictures of your creations!! You two are on your way to becoming business partners right??!! I just LOVE your colors gals and love the scent combos and love the way you guys made these...other ideas...other ways of creating these!! Keep 'em coming...we want to see what else you guys come up with. Good for you figuring out the uploading pic thing...(I figured it out playing, playing, playing w/the program and finally yea was able to see my pics) :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, puma52 said:

OH!!!!! Those are FANTASTIC MaggieMay and Granddaughter !!! :icon_highfive::yay: Gorgeous pictures of your creations!! You two are on your way to becoming business partners right??!! I just LOVE your colors gals and love the scent combos and love the way you guys made these...other ideas...other ways of creating these!! Keep 'em coming...we want to see what else you guys come up with. Good for you figuring out the uploading pic thing...(I figured it out playing, playing, playing w/the program and finally yea was able to see my pics) :)

Thank You so much for your vote of confidence. I usually only make melts for personal use. We'll see how they work out and if they smell great, I might add some to my sale and farmers market. 

I think we're hooked so far!!!!

hugs Maggie and Kierra

• Like 1

Sundays, chunk melts are done. I ended up doing them myself. Grandie received a better offer, lol her grandfather took her horse back riding. She had a GREAT TIME. I'm happy with the end results. Except for color choices, to much coloring in one, one fragrance was supposed to be white, but colored it off white. But all in all they smell so good. I'm hooked but I have to stop and get my soaps all made before I can play some more!!!!!

Fruit Cake

Red, Black Cherry from JS more marishino ( very very strong scent) I used sparingly.

Green, lime crystal kisses from FOA

Yellow, pineapple cilantro, from scentsational fragrance oils

Over Pour Fruitcake NG

i wish I had some almond as another white over pour

Birthday cake over pour

Magenta,Black Raspberry Vanilla

Ivory, Buttercream

image.jpg

Edited by MaggieMay