I have been having major problems on the board here.

Trappeur

For a while now these past couple of weeks I have been having a lot of problems navigating around here.  And it's only on Craftserver when i turn on my computer.  Also I don't have another browser and am not going to download one either.   Sorry....lol

1.  When I come on to Craftserver when I go to any post, I have to keep refreshing my page a dozen times and it takes a while b/4 the page moves.  It is like I am stuck like running on Dialup.

2.  When I go to private message someone, a box box opens up that says comment but I can't type in it as it doesn't stay up.  So I have to go out of Craftsever and come back on and sometimes the same thing keeps happening and I can't even send a message.    When I finally do get the box to open up to type in my message, the box is already filled with the last message I sent and I have to backspace everything out till the box is empty and then I can type in the box.

3.  Now yesterday I put up a new thread with a lot of pictures of new things I have made.  I just went in and was going to reply to the 4 or 5 people who I had seen had replied to my thread but all these peoples replies have disappeared.  I'm looking at the thread now and there are no posts from anyone except a picture of Missy and her cow and I KNOW  there WERE posts there.  I had seen posts from Moonstar, Moonshine, Belinda, Kraze kelley and I think Goldie.  Where have all their posts gone?  Now this is really weird still talking about this thread I put up.  I was just private messaging Belinda and I can see on her profile page where peoples posts have shown up there right in her profile.  I saw where Moonstar replied to my post in her profile so I clicked on it.  Well it brought up my new thread with all the pictures and even showed everyone's posts!  But yet when I go in and sign up to get back on Craftserver and click on my thread there are NO posts from anyone....

4.  When I go to reply to a thread and hit the reply button, if I have already replied to this particular thread when the reply box opens up, the box always shows my last reply in that box so I have to keep hitting the backspace button to remove my reply till the box is empty and then I can type in my new reply and send through.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

I experienced #4, yesterday.  Thought it was weird but deleted the previous answer and replied.  I wonder if this all doesn't have to do with the other popup message that came up asking us to "agree" to the rules.  And that there is a major problem with the site.

Goldie

• Like 1

No Goldie, not for me.....this has been going on for a few weeks for me now.  Actually I was just going to post to your reply as I had seen on the main page where you replied and when I got here, your post wasn't even here.  So I started typing and after I got 1/2 way through my post, your reply decided to appear.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

This is weird ! I wonder why this is happening ? I wish I was more computer savvy so I could offer some help :( Are you on a desk top or Smart phone ?

Has your computer ever had a virus ? Hopefully TallTaly sees this post and can offer some help. I'll keep an eye out for your posts + maybe pm her to 

contact you. Are you having problems with any other sites or anything at all on your computer ? Wish I had better advise my friend :( 

One issue is that you have 2 identical posts.

Some people have responded to one, others to the other.

I have posted in both so that you can see both.

I am not certain the reluctance to have more than one browser.  I can assure you that unless you are doing regular updates on even the one you have, you will continue to have performance issues. Versions of some browsers simply are not supported over time. 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

This is weird ! I wonder why this is happening ? I wish I was more computer savvy so I could offer some help :( Are you on a desk top or Smart phone ?

Has your computer ever had a virus ? Hopefully TallTaly sees this post and can offer some help. I'll keep an eye out for your posts + maybe pm her to 

contact you. Are you having problems with any other sites or anything at all on your computer ? Wish I had better advise my friend :( 

No I'm on my laptop Moonstar.  Hopefully Tall Tayle will see this like you saidl  I thought it was really just me until I read what Goldie just said above that #4 she had the same thing happen to her.

No virus either.  Well, i'm going to call Dell support who does a thorough run through and cleaning of my computer every 2 months and have them check out my entire computer.

Thanks anyway!

Trappeur

8 minutes ago, justajesuschick said:

One issue is that you have 2 identical posts.

Some people have responded to one, others to the other.

I have posted in both so that you can see both.

I am not certain the reluctance to have more than one browser.  I can assure you that unless you are doing regular updates on even the one you have, you will continue to have performance issues. Versions of some browsers simply are not supported over time. 

Justajesuschick, how do you know I have 2 identical posts?  How come I can't see them?

Trappeur

Yes, you are most certainly correct JAJC!  Thankyou.  Well actually I just started using the unread content which seems the way to go.  I always used to go to specific sub forums and click on each one and then one day a month ago I discovered the unread content button....can you imagine that after being here all these years? Duh!!!!I now see the 2 same threads and I'll message someone to ask if they would combine all the posts and just delete 1 thread....Thanks again!

As far as not wanting another browser, well I have google as my only browser and believe me I'm not computer savvy at all and I know I WOULD screw up my computer badly by downloading some other site like Firefox or something like that.  I have heard nothing but bad things about Firefox and I'm just not going there and download something else.  I know where the on/off button is on my computer and that's about it...lol..stupid I know....oh well...sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks like they say.  I guess I fall in there somewhere.....lol

Trappeur

Thanks for the PM to help me find this thread. 

On #1, what browser are you using? (Internet explorer, Firefox, chrome)? And what version?

- Are you on a Windows or apple operating system?

- what device: Laptop computer, desktop computer, smart phone, Ipad, tablet? 

If you let me know I will open a support ticket with InVision.

In the meantime you can try to clear your cache so your computer refreshes what it is looking for.

on #2, I have not heard of this before. It could be related to the questions in #1. 

#3 there were two threads, which I merged. And moved to the old style candle gallery instead of the business forum. I had a hard time finding that one to fix because I did not know where to look :-/

#4 has happened to me for years. It remembers what I last typed in a reply box if I did not submit it. It does not happen to me if I have already submitted it. If it happens after you have submitted something I will need to submit a ticket to Invision to investigate why.

• Like 1

Thankyou Tall Tayle.

1.  I have internet explorer.

It's a Dell laptop computer.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

Back about 6 months ago I had Vista installed on it and hated it as it was just horrible.  So I had the Dell  teck 6 months ago uninstall it and reinstall my Windows 7 which I love.   At the time 6 months ago when they reloaded my computer I was told that Windows 7 was still good for quite a few years more.   So I know I'm ok there.

2.  I have never had a problem b/4 sending messages but am now.  I noticed that this was a new type of private message system here on Craftserver.  When I messaged you this morning Tall Tayle, it wouldn't let me do it as I explained in #2.   I had to sign out of Craftserver 3 to 4 times and every time I would come  back in, I couldn't still message you.  So I got frustrated, walked away for a while, came back in and it finally took.

3.  I see what happened - there were 2 threads, but I have no idea how in the world that happened.  

4.  That happens to me all the time now.  I don't know why, but it's doing it regardless if the reply was posted or not....

Also too, I constantly have to refresh and refresh and refresh just to  get onto Craftserver, going from 1 thread to another and anytime I move on the site here and it takes forever.  I have no problems at all with surfing or just operating the computer here., only Craftserver.....Sorry

I will clean the cache again.

Thankyou!

Trappeur

The first check by the tech team has asked what version of internet explorer you are using.

Also asked why you refresh so often. Are you getting error messages? If not, let it sit and see if the page loads. The forum itself loads quickly on his end, so we are now narrowing down the particulars for you. We can try to disable the ads and see if that is the problem.

He knows of a PM problem and is checking your account to see if that is part of your issue.

WIll keep you posted.

On October 11, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes, you are most certainly correct JAJC!  Thankyou.  Well actually I just started using the unread content which seems the way to go.  I always used to go to specific sub forums and click on each one and then one day a month ago I discovered the unread content button....can you imagine that after being here all these years? Duh!!!!I now see the 2 same threads and I'll message someone to ask if they would combine all the posts and just delete 1 thread....Thanks again!

As far as not wanting another browser, well I have google as my only browser and believe me I'm not computer savvy at all and I know I WOULD screw up my computer badly by downloading some other site like Firefox or something like that.  I have heard nothing but bad things about Firefox and I'm just not going there and download something else.  I know where the on/off button is on my computer and that's about it...lol..stupid I know....oh well...sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks like they say.  I guess I fall in there somewhere.....lol

Trappeur

What is using the unread content mean? I'm far worse than you Trapp! :(

On October 12, 2016 at 2:59 PM, TallTayl said:

Oh Daisy, the unread content is the best thing since sliced bread!

IMG_0588.JPG

OH MY GOSH! TALLTAYL YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I NEVER HAD A CLUE WHAT UNREAD CONTENT WAS! THANKS SO VERY MUCH! ;);):) 

Edited by Daisymay66
  • Like 1

I was having a problem posting on here a few days ago. It was the weirdest thing because I could see everything and read all the posts and even do searches etc. like normal but couldn't respond to anything. I could even open up a new thread and type in the name but couldn't type in anything in the box for the question I needed to ask. Then all of a sudden I could post! Never figured out what was going on.

I had the tech team from Invision take a look and test the board. They found no issues. All of the patches are up to date.

@Belinda, I wonder of your problem visit(s) happened between patches? Your computer may have had the prior version cached which did not work with the latest? 

@Trappeur, they tested your account and found nothing either :-/ there is a known bug with some PM's but not all. I know the board is slow when I am on my phone, so I don't refresh, and wait until it loads. Are you on dial up? Or a slow connection? 

This is is so frustrating for me too... part of the reason I really want to reorganize this board is because there is so much to load every visit.  A more streamlined template should really help.

• Like 1