Weekend Fun

Jcandleattic

So I had a show yesterday. It ended up being decent, but I was kind of worried. It was a show from 9-4 and there were hardly any people, and I didn't get my first sale until 11:30, to another vendor!! Well, after that, things picked up and I was busy for the remainder of the day, for the most part. 

By far my biggest seller was my Fruit Slices scented rainbow. Sold out of my rainbow soaps completely, - about 30 bars. Not one of my Halloween, or fall themed soaps or candles sold, and I thought the candles especially (which are in the pic) would have flown off the table. Nope... A lot of people commented on how cute the little pumpkin soaps were and how cute the soaps were that I made for the September tutorial were (they were the ones that had the little ghosts, skulls, bats, cats and grave stones embeds on them) but not one sale of them. Go figure. I have one more October show, but it's the 29th, so not sure if they will sell then either. Will either have to see how they hold up until next year, or sell them at a discount in November (which is probably what I will do) 

Also, my nice typed up price placards ended up being forgotten and sat on my kitchen table, because I was looking at them to make sure they were right, and never got them back in the show box. Well, because of that I had to improvise with my price signs. LOL Hence the opened, upside down, paper bags with hand writing on them. LOL I actually got a few positive comments about them, and they actually fit my "theme" because all my labeling is done on Kraft labels, so there is that. LOL 

Here is my set up, which ended up changing just slightly because the person next to me never showed up, so I was able to take that space as well, and spread out a little ... File_000.jpegFile_001.jpegFile_002.jpegFile_003.jpegShow Setup.jpg

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 2

Oh, and if you notice, it looks like some of the soaps are naked, while others are labeled. The ones for sale, are actually all shrink-wrapped and labeled, but I leave the one in the front unwrapped, so people can see the design, pick it up and smell it, then as they pick it up, the others are wrapped so they can see the name of the soap, the ingredients, weight, etc., and those are the actual ones they buy. This method works very well for me. 

Also, I sold out of all my cupcakes that had the little ball on the top, and all but 3 of the confetti type soaps. (They were relatively inexpensive though, so that might be why - also people were amazed they were soap! LOL) 

All in all it was a good day. I have one more show in Oct, then one in Nov and one in Dec. 

• Like 2

Sounds like overall it was a good day ! Your soaps look amazing and the little cupcakes look good enough to eat :) I almost bought one of those

type of soaps off Etsy before but I was concerned it would be hard to use - lathering in your hands. Are they easy to maneuver in your hands to 

get a lather. As I'm getting older it's getting harder to hold odd shapes or larger items. I even stopped buying jumbo shampoo + conditioner for 

this reason , I hate arthritis lol ! The Candycorn candles are beyond cute, the pale blue + pink soaps towards the front of the table are one of my 

favorites along with the bright raspberry pink ones. No bath fizzles lol ! Whens your next show ? 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

What a wonderful set up and so varied!  I love those Halloween containers!  Your tiered displays are really great!  Everything shows up perfectly.  Glad you had a great show Jane!  Don't worry, you'll sell em all next show....:thumbsup2:

Trappeur

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Sounds like overall it was a good day ! Your soaps look amazing and the little cupcakes look good enough to eat :) I almost bought one of those

type of soaps off Etsy before but I was concerned it would be hard to use - lathering in your hands. Are they easy to maneuver in your hands to 

get a lather. As I'm getting older it's getting harder to hold odd shapes or larger items. I even stopped buying jumbo shampoo + conditioner for 

this reason , I hate arthritis lol ! The Candycorn candles are beyond cute, the pale blue + pink soaps towards the front of the table are one of my 

favorites along with the bright raspberry pink ones. No bath fizzles lol ! Whens your next show ? 

There is a tutorial on the candy corn pillars on here somewhere that I did. I think the soap you are talking about is my "dark citrus" blend of blood orange mixed with blood lime, and I couldn't name it bloody citrus! LOL (well, I could have, but... LOL ) I sold about 10 of those. I think there is a close up pic of that one in the soap gallery section. Or it could be my Japanese Love Song which only sold about 3 of. Not a big seller for that one. 

The cupcake with the ball top is a little harder to maneuver in the shower than the other one, and I think it's because of the whipped topping, not anything else, but I use a body poof in the shower, and it's not bad, but def not as easy as a bar soap. 

No bath fizzies this time, as I didn't think I'd have room to showcase them. They were going to go on that rack behind me. As it was, I very well could have because the person next to me didn't show up, so I would have had plenty of space. 

My next show is Oct 29th, but in an even smaller space, as it's in a tiny little fellowship hall in a small church, with only about 12-15 vendors. That show is usually really awesome, but I'm not sure how I'll do this year, as the church membership has dwindled down to next to nothing. We'll see. Booth fee for it was only $10, so not much to lose if it doesn't go well.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

What a wonderful set up and so varied!  I love those Halloween containers!  Your tiered displays are really great!  Everything shows up perfectly.  Glad you had a great show Jane!  Don't worry, you'll sell em all next show....:thumbsup2:

Trappeur

Thank you. My husband made the risers for me years ago, and they are still are in perfect condition. 

I got those containers at either Target (in the dollar section) or at the dollar store a very long time ago, and finally got around to pouring them. Not one sold. And the price was not outrageous, but they just didn't sell for some reason.. 

18 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

Everything looks so nice!  Gorgeous soaps, too.  I love the rainbow soap and the pink/black/white is lovely.  And those candy corn pillars are awesome

The pink/black/white one is Love Spell, and that is usually the one that sells out most often. Not this year though, this year I only sold 2 of those.. Go figure! You can never tell what people are going to want! 

My candy corn pillars used to sell like hot cakes too, but the last few shows I've done they haven't sold. Yesterday was no exception. Neither one sold. :( Oh well. 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

If you cut the cupcake soaps down the middle from the top, then you cup the rounded side in your palm and wash with the flat side. ?? makes it much easier to use. 

Kelly

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

If you cut the cupcake soaps down the middle from the top, then you cup the rounded side in your palm and wash with the flat side. ?? makes it much easier to use. 

Kelly

HA I would have never thought of that. I've been using the whole cupcake and it is a little awkward. LOL 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SueH said:

Your set up is wonderful! Products are beautiful and I love your signs!!

Thank you so much! 

I have 3 more shows this season, and the next 2 are ones I do really well with. Hoping to deplete a LOT of my inventory during those shows.