TallTayl

What would you like to know more about?

What would you like to learn more about next?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. We have an awful lot of knowledge we would love to share. Help us prioritize by choosing what you want to see next.

• Product Photography
    • Mold Making
    • Candle making Techniques
    • Wax/wick tests
    • Lotion (solid and creams)
    • Hair care (shampoo/conditioner, solid &liquid)
    • Scrubs (emulsified & solid)
    • Fizzies&bubbling treats
    • Packaging
    • Other (leave comments)

YAMS    47

On my other comment:  I would love to find out more about ROOM SPRAYS & ALSO ABOUT WAX TART WARMERS (BEST PERFORMING BRANDS TO BUY)

THIS IS GREAT BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!   LOVE THIS FORUM

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:20 AM, YAMS said:

On my other comment:  I would love to find out more about ROOM SPRAYS & ALSO ABOUT WAX TART WARMERS (BEST PERFORMING BRANDS TO BUY)

I find these Heating Plate Type; Tart Warmers to be Best; YAMS!

and this is also the way I test my Tarts! :D

They can be found from here:

http://www.tartburners.com/hepleltabute1.html

They can also be found on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Heating+Plate+Electric+Tart+Burner

HPTB.jpg

Edited by ILikeWaxMelts
  • Like 2

Moonstar    1,183

Would love to see CP soap recipes. Especially gentle soaps with oatmeal or a Calamine soap ( this is for my grandson who has eczema) 

soaps for sensitive skin - clay soaps - Coconut milk - No animal fat recipes. Room sprays would be awesome too ! Best wicks for different

waxes - blending waxes for was melts - Foaming + fizzing Bath Salts ... Sorry for the long list :/ 

• Like 2

TallTayl    2,851

We love long lists, @Moonstar :) winter is coming. It is cold, long and dreary. In other words, a perfect time to address long lists. 

Chefmom and i spent a few solid hours on the phone recently planning out the wax&twice test roll out. Be excited! Be very excited...

i am in need of liquid soap in my home soon, too. That means articles on liquid soap!!!!! 

• Like 3

Sponiebr    536

How about some variations in how to physically wrap soaps and candles and  examples of product labeling, like:

ingredient listings: Do you do a basic Contains lard water and lye and may contain goat's milk, mineral pigments... etc..

How to word your labels: e.g.: 10% Superfat... How do you actually label that in a manner that the general public with no concept of how or what a lye discount is can understand what we are selling in a manner that is attractive to a customer.  E.g.: Sparky's ass-chapp'n handemade harwood lye soap and paint remover with 20% extra fat.

BUT REALLY What I could really use right this minute is a solid tutorial on how to properly and efficiently dress soap to get it ready to sell.  

Just my lousy 2 bits o'copper. 

Sponiebr the Executor of fecklessness. (And still suspended from making bad decisions.) 

• Like 2

Sponiebr    536
5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

We love long lists, @Moonstar :) winter is coming. It is cold, long and dreary. In other words, a perfect time to address long lists. 

Chefmom and i spent a few solid hours on the phone recently planning out the wax&twice test roll out. Be excited! Be very excited...

i am in need of liquid soap in my home soon, too. That means articles on liquid soap!!!!! 

OH! TT!!! That REMINDS ME... I haven't seen you washing your hands lately... Can we get a probono video?Actually, if you'd be interested I'd like you to try that colored soap I made... 

• Like 2

Moonstar    1,183
14 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Cold here too, looks like theres going to be a lot of travel delays due to the weather. Cannot wait to see everything you start compiling - so exciting :) 

All of your upcoming tutorials etc will give all of us something to be thankful for ! Thank you so much for all of the efforts you + Chefmom are putting

into this - its gotta be a ton of work - so thank you ! :) Off to Target to buy myself a food mill that you recommended for mashed potatoes lol ! 

Moonstar    1,183
On 10/30/2016 at 9:20 AM, YAMS said:

I know - isn't it the best forum ! Such wonderful people ! BTW .... Didn't you mention your Cuban ??? Do you have any recipes you can share. My daughter has 

some friends coming to visit from Miami and I believe they are Peurto Rican. They'll be stopping to visit with me + Id love to make them something special :) 

Im sure the cuisines aren't the same from Cuba + PR but Im sure they are very similar ??? 

• Like 1

TallTayl    2,851
1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

I know - isn't it the best forum ! Such wonderful people ! BTW .... Didn't you mention your Cuban ??? Do you have any recipes you can share. My daughter has 

some friends coming to visit from Miami and I believe they are Peurto Rican. They'll be stopping to visit with me + Id love to make them something special :) 

Im sure the cuisines aren't the same from Cuba + PR but Im sure they are very similar ??? 

Oooohhhh, @Moonstar, what a great idea! Would you like to start a thread in the recipes section asking about cultural or family recipes? I LOVE spice combinations from different areas of the world, and how they are used. 

sadly, my New England-born-and-raised French Canadian background left me with bland, boiled heirloom family recipes :D I didn't realize until I moved away from home that cooked vegetables were not all soggy and brown :thumbsup2: 

• Like 1

Sponiebr    536
On 11/23/2016 at 9:56 AM, TallTayl said:

cooked vegetables were not all soggy and brown :thumbsup2: 

Wait... Whut? What other color is there for cooked veg? I mean even the "gray" ones are mostly brown. Even tomato and apple sauce is brown, (which I don't understand because they're both red or green, so they should make red or green sauce right?)  Show me these pictures of not brown cooked soggy vegetables because the only ones I know that aren't brown are Corn and Carrots and Peas and all three of them are mushy when cooked.

green beans and tomatoes.jpg  
Looks a little raw to me, but one or 2 more days should get'm cooked right. Remember: "Beans cooked until gray, keep farts far away." 

• Like 1

Moonstar    1,183
On 11/23/2016 at 9:56 AM, TallTayl said:

Oooohhhh, @Moonstar, what a great idea! Would you like to start a thread in the recipes section asking about cultural or family recipes? I LOVE spice combinations from different areas of the world, and how they are used. 

sadly, my New England-born-and-raised French Canadian background left me with bland, boiled heirloom family recipes :D I didn't realize until I moved away from home that cooked vegetables were not all soggy and brown :thumbsup2: 

Lol ! Yeah, I just love food from other cultures, theres so much flavor. With the exception from Germany, I have close friends that are from Germany + most of

their food is bland. Although, I do love a few of their dishes, not sure how to spell one of them (weinersphitzel ??? lol ) but its so good. Oh, and can they knock

down the beer like nobodys business lol ! Honestly, Id watch their husbands drink SEVERAL beers and look unphased lol ! A thread with family or cultural recipes

sounds great ! 

• Like 2

Moonstar    1,183
4 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Wait... Whut? What other color is there for cooked veg? I mean even the "gray" ones are mostly brown. Even tomato and apple sauce is brown, (which I don't understand because they're both red or green, so they should make red or green sauce right?)  Show me these pictures of not brown cooked soggy vegetables because the only ones I know that aren't brown are Corn and Carrots and Peas and all three of them are mushy when cooked.

green beans and tomatoes.jpg  
Looks a little raw to me, but one or 2 more days should get'm cooked right. Remember: "Beans cooked until gray, keep farts far away." 

Ive never in my life seen brown tomato sauce  lol ! Not sure if thats what you had - maybe it was bad ? I come from a family that makes their own sauce and its 

always red. Apple sauce wouldn't be red Sponier because its made from the apple not from its red peel lol ! So did you make this dish in the picture ? 

BTW thanks for the tip on beans LMAO !!!!! 

• Like 1

Sponiebr    536
5 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Ive never in my life seen brown tomato sauce  lol ! Not sure if thats what you had - maybe it was bad ? I come from a family that makes their own sauce and its 

always red. Apple sauce wouldn't be red Sponier because its made from the apple not from its red peel lol ! So did you make this dish in the picture ? 

BTW thanks for the tip on beans LMAO !!!!! 

Oh, you haven't lived until you've had tomato ketchup that was gray brown. 

No, I didn't make the picture. It's a picture of Fasolakia giaxni. 

And another tip: "Always cook your veg to mush or else your butt will never hush."  

(Yeah... I'm jam packed with COPIOUS amounts of "stuff" like that ;) ) 

• Like 1