Who did a craft show?

jackbenimble

The show season has officially started! Well, for us anyways. Lol! We had our first show this past weekend and it was wonderful! On Sunday it rained but surprisingly we have decent sales even in the rain. Go figure! Unfortunately we were not able to break our goal from last year because of the rain but we would have if it had been good weather on the second day. Here's my booth/tent. The morning sun is in my way but you can still see it. No video this time. So sorry. I'll try and get one this next show in 2 weeks. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Mine start in Oct. I only do 4 a year, 2 in Oct, 1 in Nov and 1 in Dec. I don't do outside shows, even in the summer. The weather here is too unpredictable depending on where you are. It could snow in July and be 90 in Sept (like it is today!) so, nope, no outdoor shows for me. 

Your setup looks really good though. Love it. 

• Like 1

My 1st show was Sept 10 so this past weekend was my second. I broke my sales record from last year. It did rain and sprinkle off and on on Sunday and sales were slow but I still sold a buttload of soap on Saturday. Funny thou, this year so far the candles have been slow sellers. Usually they are big sellers but then it's actually not fall yet for a couple days.

This Saturday I am testing out a new Farmer's market close to metro DC. I will be there the next Saturday also. They recently lost their soaper so the customers seem anxious for a new one. I sure hope so because I had to jump through a lot of hoops just to do a "test" run with this market. If it works out I will join them next year when their new season starts.

So my next craft shows start in 2 weeks in October and I will be busy every weekend through just before Christmas.

Oh.... I am excited about the new shaving mugs I got for my shaving soaps. They were designed by a local potter with an applique on the bowl with my company name. I just love them! They have a well inside that my soaps fit into. The potter designs them to specifically fit my soap so they are really truly one of a kind! Here are some pics:

mug1.jpg

mug2.jpg

mug3.jpg

mug4.jpg

mug5.jpg

mug6.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful set up Paul! Glad you had a great show!

Candybee, glad your show was great too.  And I love love your shaving mugs!  I've been trying for years to get a potter to make a candle container for me but they are just so dang expensive.....   Just love them!  Knockem dead at your shows coming up!

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Beautiful set up Paul! Glad you had a great show!

Candybee, glad your show was great too.  And I love love your shaving mugs!  I've been trying for years to get a potter to make a candle container for me but they are just so dang expensive.....   Just love them!  Knockem dead at your shows coming up!

Trappeur

Yeah. The mugs were expensive but so worth it. But nobody bats an eyelash when they see the price. I already have people lined up to buy the mugs before they were even fired.

You should just go for it and get a container or two. Even ask about getting a personalized applique on it, like Trappeur's Rustic Candles... wouldn't that be awesome? Then you can reuse it or show it and see if people would be interested in buying one.

I ordered my mugs back in the spring to be ready for fall and another batch for Christmas sales. I can only order about 6 at a time because of the expense. But as soon as I put them up for sale they sell like hotcakes. This is the second year I have been ordering them but the first with the applique with my company name. I just love them!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Yeah. The mugs were expensive but so worth it. But nobody bats an eyelash when they see the price. I already have people lined up to buy the mugs before they were even fired.

You should just go for it and get a container or two. Even ask about getting a personalized applique on it, like Trappeur's Rustic Candles... wouldn't that be awesome? Then you can reuse it or show it and see if people would be interested in buying one.

I ordered my mugs back in the spring to be ready for fall and another batch for Christmas sales. I can only order about 6 at a time because of the expense. But as soon as I put them up for sale they sell like hotcakes. This is the second year I have been ordering them but the first with the applique with my company name. I just love them!

May I ask what you sell the mugs for ? Im not surprised in the least that they sell like hotcakes. I think people love unique + handmade and are willing to pay.

You just proved that by your post. Thats awesome - so glad they are doing well for you. Did you ever think of checking with your local college or art schools

A lot of times they have students, that BTW are very skilled at crafts, that are willing to make items, such as your mugs at a very good price. Something to 

think about anyhow. 

9 hours ago, jackbenimble said:

The show season has officially started! Well, for us anyways. Lol! We had our first show this past weekend and it was wonderful! On Sunday it rained but surprisingly we have decent sales even in the rain. Go figure! Unfortunately we were not able to break our goal from last year because of the rain but we would have if it had been good weather on the second day. Here's my booth/tent. The morning sun is in my way but you can still see it. No video this time. So sorry. I'll try and get one this next show in 2 weeks. 

image.jpeg

Where did you get your risers ? Very cute

Edited by Kshaler

I love your look! I especially love the swags covering the "legs" of your tent. Very nice! I'm stealing that idea.

I did a show this weekend and did really well, I am amazing at the amount of promotion, advertising, coordination and cooperation everyone did for this one. It is a neighborhood wide showing with vendors and artists in various spots. If I can figure out how to post pictures I load one of my set up.

3 hours ago, moonshine said:

Very nice Jack- miss your videos

what jars are those?  Love the look!

Thank you! I'll make videos again soon. Those are the LS Country comfort 10oz jars with a brushed metal lid

1 hour ago, iansmommaya said:

I love your look! I especially love the swags covering the "legs" of your tent. Very nice! I'm stealing that idea.

I did a show this weekend and did really well, I am amazing at the amount of promotion, advertising, coordination and cooperation everyone did for this one. It is a neighborhood wide showing with vendors and artists in various spots. If I can figure out how to post pictures I load one of my set up.

Thank you! Please do ;-)

Love the crocks! 

Our show season started two weeks ago after a two month break. We had our best showing by far last weekend and we'll see how it goes. It amazes me that we're able to pull in business when I've not been able to get us stocked sufficiently. That will change though if I don't get stock churning. 

Congrats to all who have had early successes and here's hoping this is a great year under tents and indoors. 

I am a little confused here-  are these not the same jar because they look the same to me…..the 8 ounce from Fillmore shows a larger overflow capacity, a little taller and a little wider than the Lonestar 10 oz. jar

Does anyone know if these are very different or very similar?  I want to try a few out and was only looking at fillmore mainly because I do not order from LS at all anymore and use many fillmore scents 

lonestar on the right and fillmore on the left-  they both have the same exact lids I want to use

Anchor country comfort 10 oz lonestar specs:

Height: 2.625"
Base Diameter: 3.875" 
Widest Diameter: 3.875"
Top Diameter: 3.385"
Wax Capacity (to fill line): 8.5 oz
Wax Capacity (Overflow): 11.7 oz

Fillmore country comfort  apothecary 8 oz specs:

8 oz Country Comfort Apothecary Jar (with a 74mm I.D. and 86mm O.D. opening; Overflow capacity 13.5oz) are a popular container for candlemakers. Smooth sides will show off your candle! MADE in the USA.

size:  8 oz
lid size:  Large
height:  2.75 in
outside diameter:  4 in