Welcome to our new Admin

Alan

When I recently returned to this forum as interim Admin, aside from preventing any interruptions, one of my goals was to identify a candidate that would be able to function as our permanent Admin and carry this community forward.

I will be stepping back down soon, as I have a lot on my plate. My company has experienced some major setbacks in the past year, and we still have a lot of work ahead to recover from those setbacks. My wife and I both have parents at that age where their health is rapidly declining, and they count on us for all kinds of help.  We also have four kids in grade school that continue to rely on us to be good parents. And finally, the check engine light in my car has been on for a few weeks now (humor). We have a lot going on, and I wouldn’t be able to keep up.

I recognize many names here from our earlier days. It has been a great honor for me to be able to come back and help out, even if only for a short while.  I want to thank all the members here, and the moderator team, for being so gracious during this time. This is a wonderful community.

In the past week, I’ve had a chance to poll the moderators to get their feedback and thoughts for a permanent Admin, someone who I think Vicky would’ve chosen. In speaking with members of the mod team, it became clear that TallTayl would be a good fit.  

TallTayl, aka Shannon, has offered to take over as the permanent Owner/Admin of this site.  She has served as a moderator here for quite some time, and has made many contributions to this community. I would like to thank her for taking on this challenge, and welcome Shannon as our new Admin.

• Like 14

No doubt.......Vicky's heart and hands was directly involved with this.....she is looking upon this with a tickled smile and so are we. Huge congratulations Shannon and thank you for becoming our Admin. Thank you again Alan for your wonderful consent for this awesome craft community to continue...we appreciate it more than you can imagine! I can SO see that Tinkerbell signature on this.... :) 

• Like 4

I want to thank Shannon a.k.a. Talltayl for filling the role of our new board admin. She is a perfect fit and I am sure she will do a fine job. I am sure Vicky would have approved wholeheartedly! Congrats!

Plus I want to give Alan a big thank you and hugs for helping us out and keeping things together as our interim admin. Alan was very sweet to help out especially with so much on his plate. We owe him a lot so thank you very much Alan!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Without letting any cats out of the bag (because we all know how hard they are to get back in that bag) if you like research and experiments you will definitely want to stay tuned! As my daughter says, "For Science!!"

"...Science! We do what we must, because, we can..."

On 9/2/2016 at 10:32 AM, OldGlory said:

Thank you Shannon for stepping up! And thanks Alan for filling in at a tough time.

I think Vicky would be thrilled.

Congratulations Tall Tayle!  So happy the board will survive and go on and with you being the new admin.  you will do a great job!  Good job!

Trappeur

• Like 1

I am so excited to hear this!  Thank you Shannon, you will be wonderful with the combination of all the knowledge you have and your kindness and encouragement to all of us in here 

Thamk you Alan for all you do, I would be so sad without my Craftserver to visit most everyday! 

• Like 3