Pillar of Bliss Wax

Tammyn

I am thinking about trying the pillar of bliss wax from natures garden for my tarts. Right now I use 4794 for my tarts and it doesn't seem to have a long hot scent throw. If any of you have tried this wax what do you think about it? Does it have a good cold and hot scent throw? Does it have a creamy look to the finished product? What did you not like about it? TIA!

• Like 2

Everyone one I ask (online) says they've had good luck with it, but I seem to be the anomaly. I can't get any good throw with it. I got feedback from someone tonight who tried quite a few tarts. She said a couple didn't have any hot throw & the others only had a hot throw of between 9' & 13' from the melter, but they weren't very strong over all either. She didn't say how long she melted them though.

Welllll, I can't count the feedback that I received for my tarts from the most recent tester. Apparently, & this is totally my fault, she didn't know she was supposed to melt them like normal. She was taking tiny bits & then melting them & judging the scent & throw as soon as they melted & then starting over with another scent. Sigh.

1 hour ago, CBeardly said:

Welllll, I can't count the feedback that I received for my tarts from the most recent tester. Apparently, & this is totally my fault, she didn't know she was supposed to melt them like normal. She was taking tiny bits & then melting them & judging the scent & throw as soon as they melted & then starting over with another scent. Sigh.

Tiny bits? As in the size of a scentsy cube? Or something else?

seems people who I talk to that melt are in one of two camps: the old school Yankee types that put the whole thing on a hot melter, like the tea light type or the scentsy types who expect the size of a piece of bubble gum on the light bulb melter. Knowing which type of melter these people fall into has really helped me to market properly to them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Tiny bits? As in the size of a scentsy cube? Or something else?

seems people who I talk to that melt are in one of two camps: the old school Yankee types that put the whole thing on a hot melter, like the tea light type or the scentsy types who expect the size of a piece of bubble gum on the light bulb melter. Knowing which type of melter these people fall into has really helped me to market properly to them. 

I'm not familiar with the size of Scentsy cubes. I guess I'm the only one left who hasn't used them. I'd venture to guess maybe 1/2 tsp? It was quite a small amount, at least to me. Plus, she apparently moved on to the next fragrance as soon as one melted; melt, discard, melt, discard, melt, discard... :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Never tried POB but I did try KY tart + votive wax - its come in small grains of wax. I didn't like it, had an odd chemical type  smell while melting 

and looked odd while it was melting - bummer here to because I loved the idea of scoop + melt opposed to cutting chunks into a melt pot :( 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...