Light a candle for Vicky

Alan

2 hours ago, Scented said:

Would any of you mind if I read some of your posts at the celebration of her life on Saturday? I'd rather have your permission than to violate your feelings. 

Not sure which posts you were considering, but I wouldn't mind at all. Please, feel free.

• Like 3

Vicky’s passing reminds me how precious life is. She was such an inspiration to everyone. She was so creative, and full of ideas.

I remember a time when this community was started, about 15 years ago.  She was one of the first members. When she joined, there was maybe only five or six of us at the time. It was nice because we would all just come here, and be able to leave our business hat at the door. We would chill, have fun, and simply enjoyed helping each other out. That spirit is still alive here today.

I often turned to her for advice. She knew what it meant to be unbiased in times of conflict. In her volunteer role as a moderator here, she was vigilant in always keeping the community’s best interest at heart. She protected the spirit of this community, and stayed true to its original mission. I owe her a tremendous amount of gratitude. I am proud of her contributions.

She went by the screenname Barefoot65 on our original boards. I always meant to ask her what that meant.

I’ll miss her creativity, her laughter, and her friendship. There were times in my own life, when I needed someone to talk to. It could be about the forum, our dogs, our kids, or simply growing older. She was always game for a chat.  She had a characteristic laugh that was all her own. She had a way of telling a person like it is, without any filters. I appreciated her openness, and she was never judgmental.

I’m privileged to have known her. She has touched many of us in a positive way. She reminds me that life is short, and that it is a gift. Each day we wake up, it’s something to be cherished. And with those days, she reminds me that we all have the power to do really positive things for those around us.

I'm thankful for the part of her life that she brought here. I will forever remember Vicky’s laughter.

• Like 9

Wow, so saddened to hear this. She has been here for such a long time and is such a huge part of our family on here. She will really be missed. Lesson to be learned is how we all can take people for granted sometimes, until its to late. Shouting to the heavens right now "Thank you Vicky, for all that you have done for us!"

• Like 7

On 8/30/2016 at 5:40 PM, Scented said:

Would any of you mind if I read some of your posts at the celebration of her life on Saturday? I'd rather have your permission than to violate your feelings. 

I didn't say anything too quotable but have at it! :)

5 hours ago, Terry said:

There should be a nice memorial picture of Vicky placed somewhere on the "desktop" with a few words stating who she was and what she did for the site.

(if you think she would have liked this, that is)

Definitely!!! Amen to this Sista!!

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2016 at 0:59 PM, Terry said:

There should be a nice memorial picture of Vicky placed somewhere on the "desktop" with a few words stating who she was and what she did for the site.

(if you think she would have liked this, that is)

She probably wouldn't like it, but then she didn't want her family to do anything for her in death either and they did. So if they elect to do this, it would be a really good idea. 

Alan, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking Barefoot might be because that was a style of comfort???? I have no idea, because a lot of us just knew as Tink, from her choice pix and that was because she love Tinkerbell. I do remember her telling me that one. 

• Like 1

This breaks my heart in so many ways.  I've been so busy lately with my full time job that I haven't been able to get back on the forums as much as I want to or focus on my website/works.  Vicky welcomed me with open arms and provided so much advice when I finally decided to start selling my wares.  

For those that knew her better than I, my heart grieves for you.  She was a beautiful soul, beautiful person who meant so much to so many people, her loss won't be easy for anyone.  I hope that knowing how much of a beautiful soul she was and how much she meant to others helps you all carry her legacy forward.

I light this candle in your memory Vicky.  Thank you for your kindness.  You will be dearly missed.

James

candle.jpg

• Like 5

I can't believe what I'm reading.

I decided to open this board today to check for old friends.

I'm so sorry for this big loss, I remember Vicky with much love, she's always been friendly and supportive.

My thoughts go to her family. I don't have much to say I'm just shocked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Brandon aka Vickys son and I would like to say I'm so greatful to have a mom who help so many people to touch so many souls. I you like to say thank you and I know she would be so happy to hear how many people loved her. I know that she is now a  Guardian angel watching over my dad, me, and everyone who loved her I know she's watching over talltayl!!! So thank you!!!!

• Like 9

• 6 months later...

I apologize for this late posting, I am stunned to learn that VIcky has passed. She was very helpful and a kind presence. My condolences to her loved ones and may God's light always be with her.