Light a candle for Vicky

Alan

I was notified last night that Vicky, the board owner and admin, has passed away. From what I understand, she was fighting a battle with cancer. Earlier this month, she underwent surgery associated with that battle. There were complications, and things took an unexpected turn for the worse.

She had been with this community pretty much from the inception, about 15 years ago.  In that time, she has touched many of our lives in a positive way.  She started out as a contributing member, and then moderator, super moderator, administrator, and finally owner. She poured her heart and soul into this community to keep it running as smoothly as possible. 

In speaking with her husband last night, he expressed that this was a large part of her life. Maintaining this community meant a lot to her and represented a good chunk of her life’s work. Her husband and her son would like to see this forum continue, as her legacy. They said that is what she would've wanted. I assured them that we can make it work, and agreed to function as interim admin to keep things afloat.

This weekend, please light a candle in Vicky’s memory. If you have a story or memories you’d like to share, please add them to this thread. I think it would help us all to remember some of her contributions, big or small.

She asked for so little, but gave so much to this community. Vicky will be greatly missed. Her husband’s name is Bob, and her son’s name is Brandon. My heart goes out to them in this difficult time, and I’m humbled to be able to help out in any that way we can.

There will be a Celebration of Life for her in the near future. I’ll let one of the moderators chime in with the details. As a community, I would like to contribute something to that celebration, and to her family.

• Like 16

Thank you Alan. This was a shocker to all of us. Vicky was everyone's champion, particularly mine. I appreciate so much the faith she had in me and what I learned from her as a moderator. 

She was a woman with visions that went beyond the now. She had the future of this place mapped out and the moderators are in place to bring her aspirations into reality. 

If I may, the celebration of life is Sept. 3 from 12:30 to 3 p.m. at Fruita Monument High School in Fruita, Colo. 

To honor Vicky, I'm hoping people on this post will go back through her past and post their favorite pieces. (Good luck, because she had way too many to choose from.) I am looking forward to what people write, because I hope I can make a fragrance to embody who she was to me. This will be difficult, but I want to keep a part of her always present with me while I am still in the business. Without her enthusiasm and encouragement I don't think I would still be doing. 

God bless her and she will be missed greatly. I am thrilled that this board will remain as Alan said. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 9

• Alan featured this topic

Oh no....I never knew she was even sick......

She was such an inspiration here to everyone and myself and all her gorgeous creations she did...oh my...I learned so much from her.  She was such a kind and gentle woman.  I would loved to have met her.

God bless her and her family.  She will be so greatly missed.

Trappeur

• Like 9

SO I went back looking as long as I could look. 

Her gel talent, the talent in the pillars and it all spilled over into clay. I really think there wasn't anything she couldn't do. Of what I did pull that I really liked of hers, because they are buried on archived pages, I'm going to try to post below. I remember the days when we all would experiment and could draw inspiration off each other and then some of us just didn't post as much any more or we went to something else or ...  This is just a taste, but oh how she inspired and oh how she had fun too. 

It's crazy, but in the back of my mind is that crazy infectious laugh of hers and all the energy and excitement and the "Oh girl, let me tell you ..."

Oh how I wish time could be rewound. I really do.  

Vicky7.jpg

Vicky6.jpg

Vicky4.jpg

Vickys3.jpg

Vickys2.jpg

Edited by Scented
  • Like 14

Guest OldGlory

I didn't know Vicky well, but I loved it when she posted her latest projects. I have always been drawn to creative individuals, and she was that person with all the bells and whistles.

My heart goes out to her husband and son, and all her friends. She will be missed.

Thank you, Vicky*, for all you did to help people realize their dreams.

Thanks Alan for the beautiful post about Vicky !  Like Scented,  Vicky was a mentor and an inspiration to me in the early years.  She was kind and fair, and so very talented.

I had no idea that she was even sick,  but read a couple of days ago on Facebook that she had passed.  She will be deeply missed by me and this board.  Vicky kind of was the engine here,  it was never long before she answered a pm or a phone call and was there with her kind and funny spirit.  Over the years as I was on and off the forum, I always loved coming back an seeing Tinkerbell at the bottom of Vicky's posts,  it always lifted me and reminded me that a friend was always near. 

I will miss her as I am sure everyone will.  Rest easy sweet Vicky ,  I know your glowing talent and loving spirit  will always shine through here on the forum. 

Edited by cindym
  • Like 5

I haven't been a part of this forum family for very long, but in the time I've been here, Vicky was one of the constants I loved. I echo what others have said...she truly seemed to be a woman who could do it all and do it amazingly well. I may not be able to pick out a favorite post of hers, as Scented suggested, but I do know that I always felt assured that any advice she gave was sound and that any project she posted would be wonderful.

My family will keep her family in our prayers, and since I never got a chance to thank Vicky for all her hard work with this board, I thank everyone in advance who will carry on her legacy.

• Like 8

Oh my....I am so surprised and shocked. She was always so upbeat and so encouraging to everyone here. A woman with such great talent and who loved to share....This is just so sad. Sending prayers to her husband and son and to Vicky may God comfort and keep you. Oh you will be missed here!

To Alan...thank you so much for continuing this forum.....it truly was her heartbeat.  

• Like 7

So so sorry to hear this news- I learned so much from Vicky, she truly was an inspiration on this forum to me and so many others. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and to all that knew her- she will remembered and missed.

• Like 3

Prayers go out to her husband, son and family and friends.  I had just come back on here and had been messaging her a few times with questions.  She was always kind.  I never knew she was sick either, she never let that get in her way of her keeping up on here.  She truly was an inspiration with her creations and I often thought I wished I had her talent, but did try to learn from her posts over the years.  Thank you Alan for keeping this forum going now for us. Your words were such a great tribute to her, along with the previous posts from others before me.  Scented ... the pics you posted of her creations are awesome memories.  Vicki will be dearly missed.  I wish I lived closer to attend her Celebration of Life, but know that I will be there in spirit for everyone.

• Like 4

I had no idea what an impact Vicky had on me until I heard of her passing. It's been hard for me to come back to the board in the last few days and not feel saddened and depressed. I really miss Vicky and didn't realize how her presence on this board uplifted and made me cheerful. She also gave me confidence to be a moderator and made me feel what I had to add was important and relevant.

I remember not too long ago when this board was on the brink of closure due to lack of funds. Vicky stepped up and refused to let our board with all its camaraderie and tons of archived information die out and disappear. She worked hard on keeping this board running and even remodeled and upgraded it and even added new forums for our use. If this board burped Vicky was on top of it and made sure it was running smoothly.

I am really sad that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to her. But her ever present spirit makes me think that she would rather have me feeling confident and positive and looking towards the future. That was the Vicky I knew and I really want to thank and celebrate her for that!

My heartfelt blessings to Vicky's family, Bob, and son Branden. You will all be in my prayers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

It's been hard for me to come back to the board in the last few days and not feel saddened and depressed.

This has been the same for me. Very sad indeed. 

I wish her family all the heartfelt love and condolences, and know that this will be a most difficult time for them. 

For me, the thing I will miss the most is seeing Tinkerbell writing out her name on her posts. :(

• Like 3

Oh no!  I just saw this post.  I have chills and my eyes are tear-filled.  I can' believe she is gone...didn't even know she was sick..  She was always there to support and help us out in any way she could.  And not to mention she was one of the most creative people I ever knew of.  I would say to myself how did this lady have so much time to be so personally creative and still dedicate herself to running this board? Truly, she was amazing.  Her legacy will live on on Craftserver.  She will be missed.  Vicki rest in peace...Prayers for your husband and son...

• Like 4