Candle Dye for Parasoy?

maryta

I would like to try some liquid dye for my parasoy melts. Are there any that affect the scent in parasoy? And/or the scent retention? I used wax dye chips last year and I am pretty sure that they caused my melts to lose scent over time. My dyed melts from 8 months ago seem to be not as strong as my undyed melts. That said, I only have a very few that are that old to test, though - so maybe I am being paranoid or it is due to maybe I did something different on the days I poured dyed wax....I don't remember anymore. I use very minimal amount of color...pastel intensity only.

Anyone have any experience/opinions on this?  I used mostly Candle Cocoon's Dye Crystals which I really love using. Anyone else use these dye crystals? I used a few from Peak and Tennessee, also, but mostly Candle Cocoon. I am considering ordering Cajun's set of dyes. Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

Maryta Ive only used the dye chips from CS for my wax melts. I honestly can't say Ive noticed them loosing any scent but I don't do deep saturated

color. I just bought some liquid dye from Tennessee + since their going out of business, they were a great price. If you decide to order from them 

I would do it very soon, they are only open through the end of August. The price will adjust after you put it in your cart to check out. 

I've used para/soy before and dyed them but used liquid dyes. I never noticed any difference in the wax losing scent due to the color and I'm pretty liberal with using the dye to get a rich color. I buy my dyes from RE, Texas Candle Supply, Tennessee, Lone Star and Flaming Candle.