So I got my RE order today + it was a bit overwhelming. I had to get some coffee beans in a small cup to sniff in-between smelling  bottles or they all just 

start to smell the same. My first impression when opening my box was a bit surprising. All of my FO's  were loosely thrown in a zip bag - along with some

of the bigger bottles I ordered. I wasn't impressed with that. Plus they put a wrong FO in - I choose Amish Harvest and they put in Apple Harvest ...rrrrr

Maybe someone can answer this question : the Cranberry FO (LW) has a white sediment on the bottom ??? My absolute favorites are 

Grandmas Cupboard - YUM ! To me, smells like a delicious oatmeal cookie. I have Fillmores too but that one had apple in it too - it was ok but I prefer this :) 

Apples & Oats - Very nice but while back ago I made a blend of primarily BB OMH + CS Macintosh - SO good

Main Street Christmas : This one only had 1 review but I like the description + the name lol ! Its not overly strong but very nice - subtle background of pine 

theres some apple + a touch of something sweet 

Homemade Apple Pie (KY) Smells good not overly cinnamon, which I like so Im hoping the crust comes through 

Rustic Lodge - Again, not overly strong OOB but very nice - i smell apple first but a light version 

Birthday Cake (KY) OOB smells very good but to me not overly strong ? hmmm Ive always read its super strong so hopefully it is. I ordered a bigger bottle.

Toasted Marshmallow - I don't get any "toasted" at all OOB - this is another one that gets rave reviews but doesn't seem strong ??? I somehow thought it 

would be a bit richer - Im sure it'll be great though. Its very yummy OOB can't wait to try it - I think I might like to try another one though. I have ICS toasted 

marshmallow, it too is  very good but missing something to my nose - maybe depth or some richness ??? 

Apple Pumpkin Strudel : OOB I get more apple than pumpkin but smells very good but I might prefer ICS better , I'll see - I got a bigger bottle of this too 

Lemon Curd - I love lemon scents - this kinda reminds me of Peaks Lemon pound cake but different ?? IDK its though :) 

* Bonfire bliss : Not sure what I was expecting but I honestly don't get a bonfire smell in the least - weird - Im sure it'll change in wax ?? Its nice though OOB 

Sea Kelp ; Nice :) clean - ocean -y scent  - Blue Skies - Nice - I like this one - its different but good 

Oak Barrel Cider - Smells Good OOB :) 

Forbidden Fruit IDK it was described as Pomegranate but its OK - Ill stick with CS - much better although its a bit sweet too - I like it better - not a fan of this one /just OK 

Plumberry Spice - Very nice - fruit with some pine 

Salty Sea Air - Very nice OOB :)  Welcome Home - I like this , not sure how to describe it but its warm + comforting 

Lavender Vanilla KY - OOB I dont care for it I like Lebermuth sample I received MUCH better 

Apple Clove Butter - Nice but OOB not my favorite - maybe its the clove IDK ?? 

Pumpkin cheesecake - looks like a thick oil + is a reddish color ? OOB nice but we'll see - I wanna try ICS too 

Pumpkin Pie Spice : This one + the pumpkin pie (KY ) smell off to me the spice one is weak which is weird for a pumpkin spice  - I wonder if some bottles 

were poured as needed due to the sale ??? I was surprised with these 2 - something seems off 

Pumpkin  Bread : Smells very good OOB 

Banana Walnut Cake - Very Good OOB I get the banana -walnut + cake 

Apple Clove Butter - OOB to my nose was nice but IDK maybe again its the clove . Im sure it'll be great in was melts 

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg - Nice but doesn't seem very strong OOB ???? Maybe that will change in wax 

I received 3 free samples - Flannel Sheets - nice smells like dryer sheets to me - Whipped cream - I like this one - light but very nice I picked that one as a mixer 

for pumpkin pie mixes  and I picked red currant - nice bit I prefer Peaks 

I also ordered a 5# sample bag of KY Para Soy Tart + Votive - I love how its in beads - it had great reviews here + on RE 

Now I have a headache from smelling all of these LOL ! 

Cant wait to hear what all of you got + your reviews 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Wow they are usually very carefully wrapped.  I never order sample 1 oz sizes so maybe they do those differently.  I've always been pleased with pkg from them.

21 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Wow they are usually very carefully wrapped.  I never order sample 1 oz sizes so maybe they do those differently.  I've always been pleased with pkg from them.

Im thinking it was because they were crazy busy with the sale, but even my bigger bottles were in the ziplock bags. They were buried in tons of peanuts

to protect them but still. They all arrived safely though . Cant wait to try them out ! There was a few I wish I chose instead but I'll try them next time :) 

My small bottles always come in zip top bags. In random fashion. My pound size bottles come in these bags as well but are typically 4-5 to a bag and are upright. Not certain these come differently than any I get from any supplier except those who ship in glass bottles. 

You likely will feel differently about some of these once they are in wax and melted. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

That's awesome!! I don't get the raves on Toasted Marshmallow either. I thought it was very week and didn't like it in my wax melts either.  I have a sample of Banana Walnut Cake too and it smells great!!  Thanks for sharing!!

Yeah Im loving the banana walnut cake too :) I also tried the Earl Grey Apple - to me it seems way off from the description. Its described as heady teas + spices

along w/ orchard fruit + bergamot. I smell mostly bergamot + light apple but it might change in wax ? Do you have a toasted marshmallow you like . Im hoping 

the KY wax for tarts works out - I love how its in beads ! Cant wait to see your sliced soap you just posted :) 

• Like 1

I think you'll like the toasted marshmallow better once you get it in wax. It's a very nice vanilla scent. Like you, I don't get the toasted note either but I do love how it smells. Please give a review on their para/soy wax. I've used it before and really liked it but wanted to go to all paraffin.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I think you'll like the toasted marshmallow better once you get it in wax. It's a very nice vanilla scent. Like you, I don't get the toasted note either but I do love how it smells. Please give a review on their para/soy wax. I've used it before and really liked it but wanted to go to all paraffin.

Belinda does the Toasted Marshmallow need a long cure ... I read somewhere after a very long cure some of the toasted comes through ? Im sure I'll love it !

I will for sure review the wax - If I like it + I think I will - Im going to bite the bullet + get a large amount . It will be so much easier to use . 

44 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Yeah Im loving the banana walnut cake too :) I also tried the Earl Grey Apple - to me it seems way off from the description. Its described as heady teas + spices

along w/ orchard fruit + bergamot. I smell mostly bergamot + light apple but it might change in wax ? Do you have a toasted marshmallow you like . Im hoping 

the KY wax for tarts works out - I love how its in beads ! Cant wait to see your sliced soap you just posted :) 

I have Earl Grey and Apple too. I'm going to soap with it. ? I like it but I've never smelled Earl Grey tea so I don't have anything to compare it too. But I do smell tea and apples. I haven't tried any other Toasted Marshmallow from anyone. 

Kelly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

* Bonfire bliss : Not sure what I was expecting but I honestly don't get a bonfire smell in the least - weird - Im sure it'll change in wax ?? Its nice though OOB 

Sea Kelp ; Nice :) clean - ocean -y scent  -

Bonfire Bliss threw me for a loop too. I also wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't what it ended up being. I know the description mentions a sweet element to it, but I guess I was hoping for more of a "bonfire" note. All it smells to me OOB is sweet, and that sweet has been pretty prominent in the couple of mixes I've done with it. I got it because of great reviews but don't think I'll buy it again unless I can figure out a good blend for it.

I like Sea Kelp too. It smells green to me. I like it. Currently trying to figure out a good blend for it.

• Like 1

Got ours yesterday. Few good ones and definitely a few duds.

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel is a winner

Pumpkin Bread smells similar to NG Gingerbread...maybe a little sweeter

Oak Barrel Cider smells almost exactly like CW Apple Pie

Spiced Pumpkin Latte smells nice OOB but once in wax it's coming off as weak. Maybe it needs to cure a little.

Celtic Moon Spice OOB smells the same as CW Cinnamon

Santa's Whiskars OOB smells just like RE Christmas Past

Eucalyptus & Thyme OOB smells just like vicks vapor rub

Spicey Apples & Peaches smells decent. Was hoping to find a replacement for TCS Spicey Apples & Peaches. Not quite, but might work.

Cedar, Sage & blackberry OOB smells good...lots of blackberry

Cinna Vanilla- ok

Cinnamon & Spruce- OOB smells weak. More spruce than cinnamon

Grandma's Cupboard- OOB smells like it might be a winner

Monkey Bread - OOB can't seem to smell anything

Welcome Home- OOB smells nice

Vanilla Lace- Wife likes it. To me smells almost like Vanilla bean noel from TCS

Molasses Cookie - OOB, like monkey bread, I can't smell anything

Velvety Vanilla - Very weak OOB

Lavender & Chamomile - Not for me

Vanilla Butter Fudge - Sweet not strong OOB

Southern Pecan Pie - OOB seems weak

Toasted Marshmallow .... we  couldn't sell that scent to save our lives. Despite all the great reviews, we couldn't sell it. It almost turns my stomach it's too sweet. Same with Pumpkin Pecan Waffles...great reviews, but can't sell them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Got ours yesterday. Few good ones and definitely a few duds.

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel is a winner

Pumpkin Bread smells similar to NG Gingerbread...maybe a little sweeter

Oak Barrel Cider smells almost exactly like CW Apple Pie

Spiced Pumpkin Latte smells nice OOB but once in wax it's coming off as weak. Maybe it needs to cure a little.

Celtic Moon Spice OOB smells the same as CW Cinnamon

Santa's Whiskars OOB smells just like RE Christmas Past

Eucalyptus & Thyme OOB smells just like vicks vapor rub

Spicey Apples & Peaches smells decent. Was hoping to find a replacement for TCS Spicey Apples & Peaches. Not quite, but might work.

Cedar, Sage & blackberry OOB smells good...lots of blackberry

Cinna Vanilla- ok

Cinnamon & Spruce- OOB smells weak. More spruce than cinnamon

Grandma's Cupboard- OOB smells like it might be a winner

Monkey Bread - OOB can't seem to smell anything

Welcome Home- OOB smells nice

Vanilla Lace- Wife likes it. To me smells almost like Vanilla bean noel from TCS

Molasses Cookie - OOB, like monkey bread, I can't smell anything

Velvety Vanilla - Very weak OOB

Lavender & Chamomile - Not for me

Vanilla Butter Fudge - Sweet not strong OOB

Southern Pecan Pie - OOB seems weak

Toasted Marshmallow .... we  couldn't sell that scent to save our lives. Despite all the great reviews, we couldn't sell it. It almost turns my stomach it's too sweet. Same with Pumpkin Pecan Waffles...great reviews, but can't sell them.

Out of curiosity have you tried any other Toasted Marshmallow 's - I see Flaming Candle has one. Grandmas Cupboard smells so good - hope it performs well !

If you are on Facebook, here is a link to a video their recent sale.

https://www.facebook.com/rusticescentuals/videos?ref=page_internal

Looks like a lot of temp help for the sale, which they say was busier than last year by half. 

And a quick pic showing a small portion of just ONE of their shelves. Multiply this by how many scents? Whoa it is a lot of work.

• Like 1

Toasted Marhmallow - I has the same initial thoughts OOB. I bought a lb untested and wondered what mistake I had made. Then I put it into wax. It blooms into something that is rich even the CT. The HT is so sweet my cavities get cavities. It sells very well in my soy candles and beeswax melts. Blends well with things like pumpkin. Give it a chance.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, KrazeKelly said:

I have Earl Grey and Apple too. I'm going to soap with it. ? I like it but I've never smelled Earl Grey tea so I don't have anything to compare it too. But I do smell tea and apples. I haven't tried any other Toasted Marshmallow from anyone. 

Kelly

Real Earl grey tea smells like bergamot. It is a tea, but does not really smell as much like tea as it does the citrus. Combining it with apples is "different".

• Like 2

TallTayl I am on FB + did see the video - WHOA ! Belinda said the same thing,to give it a chance. Do you know what the white sediment on the bottom

of the Cranberry FO would be from ? I am loving Grandmas cupboard + Rustic Lodge too.Im going to try the blend Moonshine Recommended + that

is a blend of their Kelp with the Tonic I got from you - the kelp is very nice . 

I call RusticEscentual Apple Pumpkin Strudel, Apple Strudel because I can't smell the pumpkin either; but it is one of my favorite.  Sells well.

Toasted Marshmallow is also a great seller.  I call mine Cozy Cottage as my business has the name "cottage" in it.

Both throw well in 464, pint jars, Premier wicks.

Goldie

• Like 1

I'm burning a Toasted Marshmallow right now, but it needs a longer cure time.  It's been a while since I've ordered and it was a great thrower for me and the scent is really nice...but I don't know, seems to be a bit off from what I remember...well I'll give it some time.  Now I do like very much Indiana's toasted Marshmallow, but it is lacking something, like some depth or richness.  I'm going to play around with it and do some blending but for me I'm leaning towards Indiana's as the throw is very strong....Funny how we all detect things differently.  So the hunt is still on.....

Trappeur

• Like 3

Thats what I thought about Indiana's too. Also her Wildberry mousse , OOB + while pouring is smelled insanely good but in my parasoy for wax melts

the scents was flat + not as berry-ish ... weird . Maybe it was the parasoy blend? will have to try it in 464 so if it's better. I might also try Flamings 

Toasted Marshmallow if RE's doesn't work for me. But Ive had lots of encouragement on here to give it a try so I will  - it is very nice though :)

• Like 1