August 2016 Soap of the Month

puma52

On August 1, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Chefmom said:

Wow!!  That recipe is like a whole spa day wrapped up in one bar.  Well done. :D

I've played around in the last year with salt in my soaps.  I too make a hot process salt bar, but pretty straight forward.  My fave base combo is coconut, avocado and shea.  I like the addition of stearic as well...going to try that soon.  I also make a "touch of salt" soap that has quickly become a family favorite.  My very very fussy daughter prefers my touch of salt soaps for her facial soap.  She says it gets off her makeup, even heavy lipstick without stripping her skin and leaves her silky smooth and not oily.  She and I have VERY different opinions on the superfat preference in soaps. 

Salt bars really have to be tried to be appreciated.  They are very unique.

Great tutorial!!

Can we talk you into doing a tutorial for than one :/ Sounds awesome !

14 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I will never make soap, but it is so generous of you to share this information.  I just enjoy looking at all the creative soaps ppl come up with here.:)

Goldie

Oh please make soap GoldieMN! The words you speak....I used to speak...until I made my first batch.  In the Everything Soap Making book, Alicia Grosso has some very simple recipes you could try. :)

2 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Oh please make soap GoldieMN! The words you speak....I used to speak...until I made my first batch.  In the Everything Soap Making book, Alicia Grosso has some very simple recipes you could try. :)

Ha!  My legs break out from every kind of bar soap including those with no fragrance, handmade goatmilk soap, etc. so I wouldn't be able to test anything or use it.  Won't stop me from enjoying the photos on here, though. :)

Goldie

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

Ha!  My legs break out from every kind of bar soap including those with no fragrance, handmade goatmilk soap, etc. so I wouldn't be able to test anything or use it.  Won't stop me from enjoying the photos on here, though. :)

Goldie

Well doggone, I'm sorry about the breaking out....but  Yes, please always join in and enjoy...we love having your comments GoldieMN. :)

• Like 1