Creamy Sugar Scrub Recipe

TAH

I actually made the sugar scrub with the foaming bath whip from WSP.  I didn't care for it.  I found all it did was exfoliate but didn't add any conditioning aspect to my skin.  I prefer emulsified scrubs.  I like the lotion like feel when using them and I don't need lotion after using. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The recipes I have seen on AH/re and possibly WSP just kept whipping more and more sugar into the Stephenson foaming bath butter until it no longer melted. I tried that and the end result felt sticky. 

You could try the wilton large crystal sugar decorating. It's coated in carnauba wax. Might need to crush it down in size.

or better yet, use a scrubby that doesn't melt in water, like maybe walnut hulls or coffee grounds.

That's what I thought! About whipping in the sugar I mean. It didn't seem very appealing to me, I've never actually tried the stuff. I have looked at the ingredient lists, someday I'd like to try to make my own whipped cleansing scrub. I would probably use fine pumice, I adore it in soaps and emulsified scrubs!

Don't try the soy scrub from WSP in emulsified scrubs. The water ferments it. 😲

It was a truly epic and stinky fail. Works great in CP soap though, lol. I'm sure it would be fine in an anhydrous scrub too.

Thanks y'all for responding. Well I've made both. With the fbb I add some light oil and butter ..makes for a nice scrub but ..to me.. drying. Then the emulsified ones seem too oily. I would love to have a happy medium. I've never had prob working with fbb ..the sugar incorporates well, etc. Maybe I will jist have to get in there and play around. I appreciate your input! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 4:08 PM, Kelly04 said:

Thanks y'all for responding. Well I've made both. With the fbb I add some light oil and butter ..makes for a nice scrub but ..to me.. drying. Then the emulsified ones seem too oily. I would love to have a happy medium. I've never had prob working with fbb ..the sugar incorporates well, etc. Maybe I will jist have to get in there and play around. I appreciate your input! 

I used avocado oil and FCO with NF ewax in my mix and it turned out very nice and not too oily. Just about everything is too oily for me.  I'm a dude... I can't STAND feeling like I have "product" on me after I have washed it off. The FCO tends to leave a more "silky" "afterglow".... (hummm.... "silky afterglow"... I'm gonna have to work that into my conversational vocabulary somehow) 

IIRC I tempered the shea, ewax, and the rest of the oils together and after they were set up I proceeded with the FO, sugar, and mica colorant. I used turbinado sugar (which was a little too coarse) but the effect was generally really nice.

Cheers,

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services 

On 7/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, ladysj said:

This recipe sounds great I would prefer a body butter that lathers. Any suggestions on what i could do. I don't have any of that stuff that make is lather any more I don't think I might have some SLS if i can find it. I was thinking of a way to add liquid soap. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

I make sugar scrub cubes with sugar, oils and melt and pour soap.