TAH

Creamy Sugar Scrub Recipe

14 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share my sugar scrub recipe in thanks for all the recipes and info everyone here has shared.

Creamy Whipped Sugar Scrub

2.5 oz Virgin Coconut Oil

4.5 oz Shea Butter

1.5 oz Sweet Almond Oil

7 grams Optiphen Plus (or other preservative for oil based product, see usage rate for your choice of preservative from your supplier) 

15 oz Sugar

8-12 ml Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil. See usage rates for your choice from your supplier. 

Tiny pinch of colorant -optional

 

Add Sweet Almond Oil Whip Again. Add Optiphen plus whip more. If using colorant mix with sugar first. Whip in Sugar and EO/FO. Whip Shea. Add CO Whip again.

sss.png

ss.png

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing,  I love sugar scrubs and even though I stopped making B&B I still make myself a few products and

this is one.  I love to try new recipes.  Do you use regular sugar or Turbinado sugar with the larger grains?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for sharing - I too love sugar scrubs + love trying new recipes. Ive been wanting to try an emulsified scrub - how different would you say 

they are from a regular scrub ? Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. Today, it's a crappy, cloudy - humid day with rain in the forecast :(

But tomorrow is suppose to be sunny + hot !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't technically an emulsified sugar scrub as there is no emulsifier added but its much like one in constancy. This formula is like a body butter with sugar added - creamy and rich. Regular sugar scrubs I've tried are more like oils and sugar. I like both but I like this formula best. Leaves a nice emollient layer on skin feels silky good afterwards.  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks ! I am for sure gonna try this - so do i melt the oils like in a body butter + slightly freeze then whip ? 

Edited by Moonstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Thanks so much for sharing - I too love sugar scrubs + love trying new recipes. Ive been wanting to try an emulsified scrub - how different would you say 

they are from a regular scrub ? Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. Today, it's a crappy, cloudy - humid day with rain in the forecast :(

But tomorrow is suppose to be sunny + hot !

Emulsified scrubs turn to a lotion like product when water is added. Emulsifiers also really help minimize the slippery floor when using scrubs.

 

to make the above emulsified, you can just add a typical emulsifying wax at 25% of the oils/butters by weight. :)

There are plenty of emulsifiers to pick from, but e-wax is easy to use, readily available and inexpensive (and reliable).

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Thanks for sharing,  I love sugar scrubs and even though I stopped making B&B I still make myself a few products and

this is one.  I love to try new recipes.  Do you use regular sugar or Turbinado sugar with the larger grains?

 I use regular sugar. I found it had for me the right amount of scrubiness. I tried brown sugar but found it sort of sticky and gooey after awhile.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Emulsified scrubs turn to a lotion like product when water is added. Emulsifiers also really help minimize the slippery floor when using scrubs.

 

to make the above emulsified, you can just add a typical emulsifying wax at 25% of the oils/butters by weight. :)

There are plenty of emulsifiers to pick from, but e-wax is easy to use, readily available and inexpensive (and reliable).

 

True what TallTayl says. I opted for the non-emulsified version because the emulsified ones I made washed off more completely and I liked the leave behind butter feeling. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

thanks ! I am for sure gonna try this - so do i melt the oils like in a body butter + slightly freeze then whip ? 

No don't melt just whip. I found stick blender too weak so I used hand mixer to whip it. Its a really simple formula to make you can do it in like 15 minutes or less. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome - Thanks so much ! Cant wait to try this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sharing!  I remember when I made creamy scrubs with these exact ingredients, switching up the carrier oil here and there.  I still make for myself, but stopped selling due to heat during shipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I ask how you layered that so lovely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I lick the spoon?? lol :drool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Becky said:

Can I lick the spoon?? lol :drool:

DITTO THIS! :) Gracious that looks so pretty and yummy! Thanks for sharing TAH! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now