MAY 2016 Soap of the Month

sherry

MAY 2016 Soap of the Month

Cold Processed 100% Coconut oil Soap

This is a recipe that lot of people make on line I got mine from a friend and formulated the way I wanted it I have been making this recipe for my Granddaughters for 4 years now and became a favorite of lot of her students at her school. 

IMG_20160422_205909668 (585x640).jpg                 

Equipment needed:

A good working digital scale

Large enough container to hold a 48 ounces oil batch of soap

Stick blender

1 container for lye one-container for water

Paper towels to rest your Stick blender

Thermometer

Wooden sticks

1 small container for the extra oils

1 small container for the Essential oils,

Freezer paper if needed to line your mold,

Soap Mold for 48 oz of oils

And rubber gloves

Ever since I start making soap 10 years ago I use a water discount 33% with all my soaps And 5% Super fat I don’t know why but this is how I do it its up to you  if you want to use full water

But in this recipe I use 

33 % water discount

20 % Superfat

So here it goes 

INGREDIENTS:

Oils for 48 oz

Coconut oil 48oz [100 %]

Essential Oils

.50 % Tea Tee oil

.50% Rosemary

.50% Clary Sage

.50 % Lemongrass

At trace

1.00 oz Hazelnut oil

1.00 oz Pomegranate oil

7.92 oz distilled water

and  7.92 Almond, coconut,  

7.04    Sodium hydroxide (formulated for 20 % superfat)

Next, weigh your 7.92 oz distilled water and lye, ALWAYS combine the lye into the water and stir with your Spoon until the mixture is clear.  Set aside to cool.  

When water and lye are cooling I mix in the Almond and Coconut 

Weigh the Coconut oil into your soap bowl and melted it down

Pictu #0.jpgPictu #1.jpg

Weigh the Essential oils and set them aside

Pictu _4.jpg

I always soap @ a room temperature

When everything is ready I start

Slowly pour the lye into the oil mixture, stick blend ONLY until you see a light trace. 

Picure_ 5.jpg

As long as the mixture is fully emulsified and it reaches a light trace, you can ad your carrier oils

Pictu _6.jpg

And the essential oils

pictu _7.jpg

Once everything is mix really good

pictu _ 8.jpg

You start pour in to your mold you tap the soap on the counter for the bubbles to

Come at the top.

_9.jpg_ 19.jpg_ 11.jpg_ 13.jpg

I do not insulate my soap; I just allow it to set on the counter

I  demold  the soap the next day, and start cutting the soap,

IMG_20160422_205713613_HDR (360x640).jpg

With this recipe I get 13-14 bars of soap I place the soap on a curing rack for at least for six to 8 weeks. -

last picture.jpg

I always try the soap by washing my hands after a few days  

IMG_20160422_205909668 (585x640).jpg

GOOD LUCK 

• Like 4

Thanks Sherry! That soap looks wonderful!! My favorite picture is when you are pouring the soap into your mold....the soap batter looks so creamy and luxurious!! LOVE!! The soap after cut looks so NICE!! LOVE ALL THE BUBBLES!!! Yea!!! :) Thanks for sharing your recipe...it looks awesome!! :)

• Like 2

Great recipe! Thanks Sherry! I love the picture you added with the soap bubbles in your hands. Shows how nice and bubbly the soap is! I love a good coconut oil soap!!

I've never added hazelnut or pomegranate oil. Can you tell why you like to use them  and what they add to the soap?

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Ive never tried a all coconut oil soap only because Ive heard they are drying but you super fat so maybe thats where the difference is. it says 7.92

almond coconut , may i ask what that means. is it FO ? your soap looks so creamy - thanks so much for sharing :)

On 5/1/2016 at 11:05 AM, Candybee said:

Great recipe! Thanks Sherry! I love the picture you added with the soap bubbles in your hands. Shows how nice and bubbly the soap is! I love a good coconut oil soap!!

I've never added hazelnut or pomegranate oil. Can you tell why you like to use them  and what they add to the soap?

Candybee   The soap is for my Granddaughters face i made  that soap to many times with different carrier oils and it was always dry for there faces  and I do have a Little brochure from another board that explains all the benefits of all the oils so  after all the tries they like that one 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2016 at 0:36 PM, Moonstar said:

Ive never tried a all coconut oil soap only because Ive heard they are drying but you super fat so maybe thats where the difference is. it says 7.92

almond coconut , may i ask what that means. is it FO ? your soap looks so creamy - thanks so much for sharing :)

Moonstar : the 7.92 is for the  liquid before you mix the lye  water and and Coconut walnut  7.92 water and 7.92 walnut  or you can even the numbers like 8.00 0z water and 8.00 oz Coconut walnut I hope that help

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vicky_CO featured this topic
  • Vicky_CO unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

As puma says your recipe looks so creamy yum!  I want to try hand at soap making but need to do more research.  You mention a brochure that mentions the benefits of each oil.  Would you mind sharing where I could get that ?  Thanks for the tutorial Sherry!