Maple Street and recommendations

Nikki

He is very smart for choosing his market so carefully. The way he crafted a reply on this forum prompted me to buy a sample set albeit with hesitation.

There was nothing 'wrong' with what I smelled in those sample bottles. They were just nothing special. Most smelled pretty darn close to natures Garden, Aztec, flaming and similar resellers in that price point. Nothing in there was something I would deem as a must have for me.

Definitely a step up from Hobby lobby and Michaels though. So I can see why his customers are fully satisfied.

PS: what is it about some coffee scents that smell like cat urine? The coffee shop in that sample set Had that note prominently. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ray said:

Lol...it can be nauseating reading those Facebook groups. 

Also dangerous! I do not post there since my own wax company's FB group and website is shown in my personal FB profile. Some days I would like to post there as they are sharing bad information with each other!

• Like 2

I just joined a FB group - don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, and yeah...lots of dangerous stuff going on in there and I can tell that just as a newbie from reading the amazing advice on this forum. Saw someone who tried to make an ice cream cone into a container?! 

33 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I just joined a FB group - don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, and yeah...lots of dangerous stuff going on in there and I can tell that just as a newbie from reading the amazing advice on this forum. Saw someone who tried to make an ice cream cone into a container?! 

IMG_0304.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, TallTayl said:

IMG_0304.JPG

She dipped an ice cream cone in wax, then scooped some scented and colored wax into it (like a scoop of ice cream) and somehow had a wick in there as well. Said she saw it on youtube....at least there were other group members telling her to be careful burning it. 

17 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

She dipped an ice cream cone in wax, then scooped some scented and colored wax into it (like a scoop of ice cream) and somehow had a wick in there as well. Said she saw it on youtube....at least there were other group members telling her to be careful burning it. 

Yes. Apparently wax melts are something new to many there and typically people say, "good for you coming up with something new, do not let the negative people get you down!" when warned about something dangerous. OR when they ask if they really need to pay taxes or get insurance. 

• Like 3

On 1/25/2017 at 4:53 PM, justajesuschick said:

I will say he has been quite strategic in building up his company via Facebook. He is very present (answers each post asking who has the best FO's with simply a link to his own website, as example) in a large group (10,000+ members) of "Candle Makers" on Facebook. Many are asking about selling from the kit they just received as a gift, using crayons as dye and similar. The main admin of the group seems quite taken with him and advocates for his company as well. I might guess that his own FB group is made up of a number of people from that large general group where most seem to be starting out or seeking advice. 

I have noticed this as well.  I honestly thought either 1. he is just trying to build his business and things really are that good or 2. it is too good to be true and that he takes a little bit of advantage over newbies that have no clue.

Edit to add: I have heard several state that they use his wax, FOs and coloring with great results and then there are some more seasoned that state that the color chips fade quickly, the FO does not last but a few hours (even though very strong for those few hours) and that the wax is very similar to KY/JS tart wax blends.

Edited by lovelyscents
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SueH said:

I too have been curious about this company, I'm not too far from them. I have been thinking of trying the clamshells, would be a lot cheaper with shipping for me.

His clamshells are great. Nice, sturdy, heavy plastic. I've seen some flimsy clamshells out there in the world, but theirs are great quality. 

5 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

I have heard good things about their clams as well and that they do not have the bad plastic smell.

Definitely no weird smell when I get them. For the most part I like all their products and their customer service is alright. I give them business, just not necessarily on FO at this point. However, this thread did finally make me bite the bullet on one of the suppliers on my "must try" list and that is SweetCakes. I don't know what can of worms I have just opened. I feel like I might as well just direct deposit my pay checks over to them every week. (Assuming it's as good as I expect it to be). 

• Like 1

Just now, Lana said:

Definitely no weird smell when I get them. For the most part I like all their products and their customer service is alright. I give them business, just not necessarily on FO at this point. However, this thread did finally make me bite the bullet on one of the suppliers on my "must try" list and that is SweetCakes. I don't know what can of worms I have just opened. I feel like I might as well just direct deposit my pay checks over to them every week. (Assuming it's as good as I expect it to be). 

HAHA! I know what you mean about this forum making us do things, I think their term is enablers :lol:.  I started with around 4 suppliers on my list to try, now I think after being on here, about triple that...for now!! :laugh2: I really have been wanting to try Millcreek lately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

HAHA! I know what you mean about this forum making us do things, I think their term is enablers :lol:.  I started with around 4 suppliers on my list to try, now I think after being on here, about triple that...for now!! :laugh2: I really have been wanting to try Millcreek lately.

lol

Trappeur

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Lol they are from the Bitmoji app. I made my character and save the different responses on my phone. There's a bitmoji for everything!

IMG_0310.JPG

lol ! My 9 year old granddaughter installed the app on my IPhone but I don't know how to attach them like you have here. I guess Ill have to have her teach me lol !

The twins, they are 7 and you wouldn't believe how they know how to use devises. They've been good at all of that since they were 4/5 Im not kidding you lol !!!!!!

• Like 1

Good evening fellow chandlers ( and soapers ;-) )   Thanks everyone for giving us the feedback.  I don't get to check this site to much but its always been a great resource for goodies!  We do take huge pride in our fragrances and feel they are pretty close to top of the line.  With that being said everyone will have preferences as to how an  " apple" or "pumpkin" should smell.  We will take every ones advice and look into a few fragrance oils ;-)

I have purchased a lot of oils from this company and have used this companies dyes before he sold on fb. I have tried other dyes that when added did not melt correctly and allowed specks in my candles. The dye chips when used "correctly" which is the key word. Are the best on the market. Easy, less mess, love the colors and the fact of adding another chip to get a deeper color is great. The fragrance oil is true to scent. Fruit Loops being one of the best sellers for me. I have tried aztec which is great, candlemakers,natures garden, Wellington, early american, peak, candle science,candle wic, just scent, new York and that's just to name a few.This company has scents that get my candle,tarts,and soaps more compliments and return customers then any other company. I don't agree with the post here stating about fragrance oils not being strong. Great shipping, and great price. $8.00 for Fo. Best price on clamshells which are the best I bought for thickness,  no smell. Great price, customer service, and fast shipping. 

34 minutes ago, Seasoned chandler said:

I have purchased a lot of oils from this company and have used this companies dyes before he sold on fb. I have tried other dyes that when added did not melt correctly and allowed specks in my candles. The dye chips when used "correctly" which is the key word. Are the best on the market. Easy, less mess, love the colors and the fact of adding another chip to get a deeper color is great. The fragrance oil is true to scent. Fruit Loops being one of the best sellers for me. I have tried aztec which is great, candlemakers,natures garden, Wellington, early american, peak, candle science,candle wic, just scent, new York and that's just to name a few.This company has scents that get my candle,tarts,and soaps more compliments and return customers then any other company. I don't agree with the post here stating about fragrance oils not being strong. Great shipping, and great price. $8.00 for Fo. Best price on clamshells which are the best I bought for thickness,  no smell. Great price, customer service, and fast shipping. imageproxy.php?img=&key=703ca4a7308cd2efimageproxy.php?img=&key=703ca4a7308cd2ef

Well, we are very happy with your success. Good luck to you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seasoned chandler said:

I have purchased a lot of oils from this company and have used this companies dyes before he sold on fb. I have tried other dyes that when added did not melt correctly and allowed specks in my candles. The dye chips when used "correctly" which is the key word. Are the best on the market. Easy, less mess, love the colors and the fact of adding another chip to get a deeper color is great. The fragrance oil is true to scent. Fruit Loops being one of the best sellers for me. I have tried aztec which is great, candlemakers,natures garden, Wellington, early american, peak, candle science,candle wic, just scent, new York and that's just to name a few.This company has scents that get my candle,tarts,and soaps more compliments and return customers then any other company. I don't agree with the post here stating about fragrance oils not being strong. Great shipping, and great price. $8.00 for Fo. Best price on clamshells which are the best I bought for thickness,  no smell. Great price, customer service, and fast shipping. imageproxy.php?img=&key=703ca4a7308cd2efimageproxy.php?img=&key=703ca4a7308cd2ef

Welcome to the board and congrats to you and your business!  Like with every supplier, they all have hits and misses.  Therefore, even though you do not agree with some of the opinions towards this company, they are just that...opinions on personal preference.  It is nice that MS seems to be your go to for everything, the more you can eliminate for shipping purposes, the better of course.  I do agree that the shipping is fantastic and have heard good things about the clams.  Thank you for your opinion and I hope you get a chance to post on other topics here as well, not just to promote MS company.  As TallTayl stated, we wish all the luck to you.

• Like 5