Search Function

pcbrook

I am thinking I am not too crazy about the search function on this new board. Maybe I am missing something.  You used to be able to narrow down which section of the board you wanted to search in.  Can you still do that here?

Yes you can, say if I want to search Soap making section I go to that board click like you are going to search and you should see to the left a down arrow that you can narrow your search to just that section. There is other option there also.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

• 4 months later...

Ok I am having trouble I tried to search several times is comes up blank ! I even narrowed it down to wax (looking for favorite waxes) got 0 hits how is that possible . I narrowed it down fo less spelling is issues Lol even I can spell wax ? Please help

2 minutes ago, Kshaler said:

Ok I am having trouble I tried to search several times is comes up blank ! I even narrowed it down to wax (looking for favorite waxes) got 0 hits how is that possible . I narrowed it down fo less spelling is issues Lol even I can spell wax ? Please help

Were you at the 'top' of the board when you used the search field in the top right corner? By that I mean at the main screen, or were you already in a sub forum? This limits searches when using the field.

also, it more importantly, three letter/character searches are not useful on this forum platform. Try adding an asterisk to the beginning and/or end of wax: 

(wax* or *wax* or *wax*)

i got got pages and pages of hits for any of those.