Preferred Lavender fragrance oil?

Nikki

I have tried Lavender from two vendors so far and am not sure either are "the one" for me.  

I am looking for as pure of a Lavender fragrance as possible.  Can you please share

your favorite Lavender fragrance oil and vendor?  Thank you!

Have you considered using essential oil of Lavender? A little goes a long way in almost any application. It tends to be more of a medicinal fragrance to me and I like to soften it with some vanilla or mint. This is a good time of year to bring out the lavender and mix it with other herbal fragrances. Unfortunately, a lot of people think of old people or an old fashioned fragrance but another side of lavender is its ability to soothe the nerves and help relax at night for sleep. Don't claim any kind of powers but you can honestly say that it calms or soothes. I love lavender and peppermint.

• Like 1

Brand new here! :)

I just received Flaming Candle's lavender and it is a definite winner.  The cold throw is excellent-it is still curing, but it is the strongest lavender I have tested.  Candle Science Lavender is a close runner-up, but I think the Flaming Candle is a little more sophisticated and complex, as well as stronger.

• Like 2

On March 4, 2016 at 9:22 AM, candlesinflorida said:

Brand new here! :)

I just received Flaming Candle's lavender and it is a definite winner.  The cold throw is excellent-it is still curing, but it is the strongest lavender I have tested.  Candle Science Lavender is a close runner-up, but I think the Flaming Candle is a little more sophisticated and complex, as well as stronger.

The Flaming Candle's Lavender is awesome in soap smells like Bulgarian Lavender to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Okay now I have to try FC's Lavender. Naturally its from a supplier I don't use. Sigh.... like I really need another one. LOL

I feel your pain...I really do...I keep telling myself I need to use the FO I have before buying more! I must add the FC has a great Frasir Fir too, if you're already ordering anyway :)

• Like 2

Not a fan of Tenn Candles lavender... Yes it smells fantastic OOB and on cold throw but melting in wax melts had a bitter, biting bottom note. Made me dump my melts. It might be better blended with something to sweeten it a little. I prefer BCN lavender in wax and soaps. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2016 at 6:37 PM, Candybee said:

I've always heard TN's lavender is really good. Has anyone CP'd it?

check out the soapscent review board...there are reviews on there for it.

here is one..
No A or D, scent holds well, soaps like a dream!