Aztec: Cranberry & Citrus Peel

8-GRAN-ONES

I have always liked this fragrance in my CP soap.

I decided to try it in Melt & Pour

And it smells heavenly, hoping it does not cloud up.

my CP soap turn a light tannish color I could still see the swirls, so hoping this stays perfectly clear. 

There is no vanilla content in it so keeping my fingers crossed, but oh my how wonderful it smells!!

I do have a question to you expert melt and pour soapers how do you keep your cuts going straight.

it seems I always get off a little by the time I'm cutting through the log..

image.jpeg

• Like 5

I have another question for you that make melt and pour a lot.

I noticed my colors are fading any advice?

I had used the brighter colored pink and it seems to be the one that's fading the most.

but on a good note I can say that this fragrance has not clouded in anyway at all.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I haven't made soap in ages - I just wanted to say that your soap looks incredible!!! I would have to buy it if I walked by a table/display of it. Nice job!

Those are really beautiful! Wish I could smell them!

The only advice I can offer re the colors fading is keep trying new dyes until you find one that works. I had trouble with some colors fading. Raspberry is a bleeder/fader for me too.

If you try soap stable micas or non-bleeding colors you may have better luck. Some of the best colors I have found are at TKB Trading. Nurture soap supplies also has some excellent vibrance micas that don't fade. They may work nicely in M&P. But I have only used them in CP.

I did want to update on the color.

The pink has almost totally morphed and bled into and taken over the yellow and green embeds...

even the main color pour was the green that you can see..it is now more pink than green.

I use this same true red from Oregon trails in my CP soap and it does not bleed or transfer and stays beautiful but for some reason it's not compatible with Melt & Pour so I thought I would just pass that on

I tried to post a picture showing this but for some reason it would not load up

On 2/24/2016 at 2:39 PM, 8-GRAN-ONES said:

I did want to update on the color.

The pink has almost totally morphed and bled into and taken over the yellow and green embeds...

even the main color pour was the green that you can see..it is now more pink than green.

I use this same true red from Oregon trails in my CP soap and it does not bleed or transfer and stays beautiful but for some reason it's not compatible with Melt & Pour so I thought I would just pass that on

I tried to post a picture showing this but for some reason it would not load up

Awww! That sucks when that happens. All that work. Well at least you can still use the soap. You can melt it down too but the colors will all blend together but it might turn out nice.

I ended up doing just one color soapies when making M&P. But then I never really got into doing chunks and fancy stuff with it. When I did the same thing happened to me. Since I was selling the soap back then I just stuck to one color opaque soaps.