Chunk Tart Melt recipes for Spring - Let's make some!

puma52

11 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Oh my goodness Puma! I am in total AWE at how you come up with all these! They all sound amazing! And I just gotta say how much I appreciate you sharing these. I have thought several times about trying Indigo Fragrances. She's only about a hour away from me.  I just can't get over your blends! I've read them 3 times now! Lol

Daisymay.....Those blends were posted  for both the Whiskey haters who have the scent and don't know what to do with it. (I'm afraid that if they do make one of these blends , they MAY be purchasing more. :) ) and for the Whiskey lovers such as I who also needed and wanted other ideas of what to do with it. I was really quite surprised at all the recipes online, but it seems that fruits and milks and I think that Sangrias are/would be a definite YES blend with the Whiskey so us lovers of the scent will never run out of options.. I mean it will be a never ending blend option which I love. I am going to order some of that Kahlua Dreams and am going to use that in some coffee blends too! Oh warm up Candle Cave! :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLilPleasures said:

I love this thread!  I just recently added a 'chunk' line to my store, and they're so fun to make and see all the pretty colors :)  

custom chunk pic.jpg

OH......I LIKE....I LIKE!!! :)  ...... Would you want to share these chunk recipes? They are gorgeous! :) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, puma52 said:

OH......I LIKE....I LIKE!!! :)  ...... Would you want to share these chunk recipes? They are gorgeous! :) 

Well thank ya, sure I'll share!  The purple/white/pink is blackberry jam/cotton candy frosting/marshmallow fluff.  The brown/tan is persnickety/cinnamon buns/toasted marshmallow.  The orange/blue/yellow is fruit loops/blueberry/twinkies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GuiltyLilPleasures said:

Well thank ya, sure I'll share!  The purple/white/pink is blackberry jam/cotton candy frosting/marshmallow fluff.  The brown/tan is persnickety/cinnamon buns/toasted marshmallow.  The orange/blue/yellow is fruit loops/blueberry/twinkies.

Thank you GuiltyLilPleasures! This is great!! We all can learn from each other and make some outstanding items and SO LOVE the different colors! Just tweaking those colors a little creates a whole new look! LOVE! :)

• Like 2

I bought the mold and it has been great.  Saves me a lot of time, in fact thinking of buying another one to use.  All the blends here are great, giving me lots of ideas.  Which I need help with because I am not a great blender.

Thanks

Cindy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lumina said:

I bought the mold and it has been great.  Saves me a lot of time, in fact thinking of buying another one to use.  All the blends here are great, giving me lots of ideas.  Which I need help with because I am not a great blender.

Thanks

Cindy

Did you buy the one from BCN or EBay? 

I am so struggling to make nicely cut chunks.  I have found that often times the chunk pieces fall out at each cut.  Thankfully I only play with wax for myself, haha.  I think I will try again and share my fail pictures with you all and perhaps you can give me some pointers as to what I may need to be doing differently.  

Since I so wanted to try blends of my own, I cheated a bit and put chunks into a bundt mold.  It's just not the same as though beautiful chunks :(

AB7B5252.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I am so struggling to make nicely cut chunks.  I have found that often times the chunk pieces fall out at each cut.  Thankfully I only play with wax for myself, haha.  I think I will try again and share my fail pictures with you all and perhaps you can give me some pointers as to what I may need to be doing differently.  

Since I so wanted to try blends of my own, I cheated a bit and put chunks into a bundt mold.  It's just not the same as though beautiful chunks :(

AB7B5252.jpg

Nikki.....those look FANTASTIC!!! :) Chunk tart melts can come in any shape...what a GREAT idea!!!  See you are going to start a new wave of a different way to make these! Ya did great! By the way pieces ALWAYS fall out when I am cutting too. That is because we have those little chunks going every which way underneath the over pour so you are doing just fine! But I love what you made here!! What scents do you have in these chunk tarts? We would love to hear. :)   

Aww Puma, you are so sweet, thank you!  The little bundt cakes are;  Wild Cherry with Ginger Ale overpour, Key Lime with Ice Cream Scoop Bread overpour and Key Lime, Banana Pudding, W. Cherry with French Vanilla overpour :)

• Like 1

On February 21, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Nikki said:

Aww Puma, you are so sweet, thank you!  The little bundt cakes are;  Wild Cherry with Ginger Ale overpour, Key Lime with Ice Cream Scoop Bread overpour and Key Lime, Banana Pudding, W. Cherry with French Vanilla overpour :)

Where do ya find a ginger ale over pour?

15 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Where do ya find a ginger ale over pour?

I'm not Nikki , but I know Bramble Berry has it. Are you getting some of these made Daisymay? On Sunday, I am cranking up the presto pot melter and am going to get going on starting my Spring chunk melts! I am ready to go!:)

• Like 4

Hey Puma!

i had a friend ask me if I could find that scent so maybe I'll have to give it a shot for her. Never ordered anything else from there so maybe have to find a few others :) ya know to justify the shipping costs! Lol I have been planning on making some but my little guy has missed the last 3 outta 4 weeks at school. We have an appt Tuesday with a pediatric cardiologist. I'm so worried and scared. 

Yes Daisymay66, Brambleberry is the only place I have found it.  It is amazing, not sweet, a very true dry ginger ale complete with the bubbles.  

Puma, pictures or a video of your process would be so so so appreciated!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Hey Puma!

i had a friend ask me if I could find that scent so maybe I'll have to give it a shot for her. Never ordered anything else from there so maybe have to find a few others :) ya know to justify the shipping costs! Lol I have been planning on making some but my little guy has missed the last 3 outta 4 weeks at school. We have an appt Tuesday with a pediatric cardiologist. I'm so worried and scared. 

Well gee Daisymay!!! I am so sorry to hear about your little man. Sending prayers your way!! Please keep us posted on how he is doing. Gracious, our babies make us worry so much! Please let us know what the Dr says tomorrow..we care!!:)

Edited by puma52

8 hours ago, Nikki said:

Yes Daisymay66, Brambleberry is the only place I have found it.  It is amazing, not sweet, a very true dry ginger ale complete with the bubbles.  

Puma, pictures or a video of your process would be so so so appreciated!!

I would love to do a video, but I have never done one before...It would probably be 2 hrs long...hee hee. Let me think...maybe pics would be good. Let me ponder. :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I've never smelled Ginger Ale from Bramble Berry but FB has Fizzy Pop Soda which smells like ginger ale to my nose. It's the same scent as Daystar's Paradise (at least to my nose)

You know Belinda....that was what I was thinking too because I also have the FB Fizzy Pop. I say let's call it Fizzy Pop Soda Ginger Ale...we'll use it as the Ginger Ale. :)

So DaisyMay, I don't have Ginger Ale either........BUT maybe we can just use the Fizzy Pop from FB. Have you ever used it before? FB is a lot closer to me and I sure do buy more fragrances from there than BB. :)  It does tickle the nose with it's effervescence.

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I've never smelled Ginger Ale from Bramble Berry but FB has Fizzy Pop Soda which smells like ginger ale to my nose. It's the same scent as Daystar's Paradise (at least to my nose)

I'd be happy to send you a wax melt if you'd like to try it.

I've been waiting on my husband to convert my Presto pot, but ended up buying a smaller 'ready to go' one in the meantime.  I don't know how I lived without this.  

I am almost ready to attempt those beautiful multi-color, scented Chunks.  But, I couldn't wait and ended up making some Chunk Cakes yesterday.  Scents;  Pumpkin Pecan Waffle w/Apple Cinnamon overpour, Birthday Cake w/Fresh Strawberry overpour, Sugar Cookie Royale w/Cotton Candy overpour (made this in a rose shape, wasn't crazy about that), Sugar Cookie w/Spicy Apples and Peaches overpour, Georgia Peach w/Ginger Ale overpour, Strawberry w/Ginger Ale overpour.  

chunks.jpg

• Like 5