Any millenium users?

I have been using c3 for three years and recently tested cb135 Gb 444 and 464 and cb advanced to see the differences I have tested tons of variations and tons of wicks and still looking to make sure that my c3 is just as good as any Before I roll out a wholesale boutique line. curious if any one here uses the millenium soy and if it is comparable to any I have tested or is it going to be a wax worth me having shipped versus picking up locally?  I do not see many posts about this wax but Have heard great things in other areas 

if you use or have tries millenium I would love to hear your thoughts and if you love it what wicks do you use?

thanks!!

sherry

• 1 year later...

I am bumping this are there any millennium Soy wax users out there and if so what type wicks work best with this wax I am looking back through  notes and questions I have asked in my search for the best Soy candle I can make and see I have yet to test or hear much about this wax. I have a feeling that one of my favorite candle companies uses this as they show it pictures of a Soy in bead form and the candles they make throw like crazy and burn clean could this be the wax idk

Edited by shicks
  • Like 1

I started using this wax recently and so far the Premier wicks work the best and I have excellent hot and cold throw and 90% of the time do not have to do a repour or hit them with the heat gun.  Its not too much more expensive than getting C3 for me, I forget now what the number was but I'm thinking it is only $18 more for a 50 lb box.

9 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I only made one test batch with this wax and I wasn't impressed 

I used cd and RRD wicks and they burned fine just I don't like the appearance and throw 

maybe I need to give it another chance....someday when I have extra time 

May I ask what percentage of fo you used?

30 minutes ago, njcurley said:

I started using this wax recently and so far the Premier wicks work the best and I have excellent hot and cold throw and 90% of the time do not have to do a repour or hit them with the heat gun.  Its not too much more expensive than getting C3 for me, I forget now what the number was but I'm thinking it is only $18 more for a 50 lb box.

I have moved an hour away from my c3 source so the gas or shipping would factor in for me as well now.  May I ask percentage of oil you use and do you follow the melt and pour temps suggested by american Soy website I bought some from them today to test I have premier rrd and htp cd and eco wicks to play with

I test each FO and decide.  I usually start at 8% and go up as needed.  The only fragrance I had an issue with so far is Balsam.  I went up to 12% and still had next to no throw.  Most are good at 9-10%.  Some I've even gone lower than 8%.

@njcurley how exciting!!! Thank you for sharing info with me I am excited to test I ordered yesterday and received a notice I should get it today that is great service and worth not driving two hours round trip excited to test and will use my premiers! The customer service person I spoke to says she usually uses 7-8 percent with cd or htp for in house testing she even threw in a few handfuls of wicks and I have premiers so excited to try!

@moonshine thank you for your responses I appreciate all the help I can get on what is now my 6 the year of searching for best Soy wax wick combo!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 2:54 PM, njcurley said:

Good luck Shicks!  I hope you like it as much as I do.

I am just now finding time to test I am happy so far with scent throw ! Need to burn all the way down so far clean burning! What wick and fragrance percent did you use?

On 11/29/2017 at 3:56 PM, ldunleav said:

Hello!

This is the wax I use. I use CD wicks ,8% FO added at 130 degrees, pour as cool as possible cure for about a week and it works good for me. 

Thank you! I have cd wicks on order and my first pour tried 7 percent throw is good at 48 hour cure for my master bedroom but still not enough to fill open concept living kitchen area will try 8 percent and cd wicks!!

So after several burns the two rrd29 ended  up  not being too hot they are burning beautiful and did get to the point fragrance wise with only 7 percent and 48 hour cure to not only fill the open concept but start coming up my stairs.  The rrd mushroomed slightly on first burn but not after that I am trying cd wicks when I get them using two 4s.  With c3 I always had black stuff in the wax when trying to double wick and I will test again against this combo to see if fragrance can get this good with rrd wicks however the burn on millineum looks way cleaner at this point but i have way less fragrance oil than I would put in c3 to get this throw.  still testing.!

Wanted to show a double wick millennium burn

the left is double eco 2 the right is double rrd29.  I thought they would be too hot but they are not I don’t think o could wick down to eco 1 and rrd does not go lower the eco is cleaner as the rrd  dropped a couple pieces of wick while burning I have carefully trimmed each one so far both threw amazing with 7 percent fo and a 48 hour cure next week I will have cd 4 wicks to play with these burned waaaaay cleaner than when I double wick c3 but I was also using high percent fragrance oil in c3 next week I will also test c3 with all wicks and 6 percent to see which has superior throw with this wick combo and see if c3 can be double wicked without getting black the last photo is c3 with double eco2 but at ten percent fo will test again at 6 per manufacturer instructions but from past experience the throw is not there at 6 compares to the millennium throw

4D109468-0162-48CA-8BB8-31042CB27A15.jpeg

image.jpg

So I let the rrd 29s and the eco2s burn for ten hours the rrdsIMG_2763.thumb.JPG.fb88bd2e5a3fd5f46fa7716670abe518.JPG got a dirty look to the wax in the bottom and the melted part got a dark brown not pretty the eco 2s burned clean and pretty till the end today I am pouring c3 with the exact same combo to see if cleanliness and throw compare to the millennium and when cd4 wicks come in I will compare to eco2 wicks

1st two pictures are eco third picture is rrd I blew it out as it was getting ugly wax was very dark caramel looking instead of clear the eco wicks burn was very clear and pretty all the way same wax same scent the rrds were just a. It too hot and there are not lower rrds to pick from to doublewick this container so far eco is winner but we shall see about cd4 when they arivw

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 12/21/2017 at 10:40 AM, shicks said:

Wanted to show a double wick millennium burn

the left is double eco 2 the right is double rrd29.  I thought they would be too hot but they are not I don’t think o could wick down to eco 1 and rrd does not go lower the eco is cleaner as the rrd  dropped a couple pieces of wick while burning I have carefully trimmed each one so far both threw amazing with 7 percent fo and a 48 hour cure next week I will have cd 4 wicks to play with these burned waaaaay cleaner than when I double wick c3 but I was also using high percent fragrance oil in c3 next week I will also test c3 with all wicks and 6 percent to see which has superior throw with this wick combo and see if c3 can be double wicked without getting black the last photo is c3 with double eco2 but at ten percent fo will test again at 6 per manufacturer instructions but from past experience the throw is not there at 6 compares to the millennium throw

4D109468-0162-48CA-8BB8-31042CB27A15.jpeg

image.jpg

What is all that black stuff in there?  Is that the RRD or eco 

• 3 months later...

I just started using millennium. I got a 50 pound case for 100 bucks I don't know why lol. I always used 464.. but I got so sick of the bubbles and frosting. I mastered scent throw in 464 though, with candle cocoon FO.. their oil is very concentrated. In 464, in most of candle cocoons oils I need less than .5oz per pound.I also use 2 oils from a place called theplace4candles. Patchouli and Apple cobbler, I use 1 oz pp. People smell the oils on me when I walk outside!!! Anyhow, with millenium I'm still testing with no avail. I have a good feeling about today though. I weighed out a pound, I found you need MORE than a pound if you are using 8oz jar since you MUST POUR THIS WAS WHEN EXTREMELY SLUSHY. My other mistake was not weighing. Also, curing. Millennium wax has a 3 to 5 day cure process. This time was my 5th try, heated to 165 ish, melted my dye chip at that point and mixed my fragrance at around 153. I added cooler last time cooler, but scientifically, FO won't bond molecularly at a cold temp. I'm not sure if this try will work. But I have a huge tester. Lol. Was trying to make 2 candles,but learning a new wax is a learning experience. 464 I can fix the frosting, wetspots,ect. And get amazing throw.. but it's time consuming... And I'm a sucker for knowledge... I ordered 10 pounds of 464 anyway since I'm opening an online shop in April which over 70 percent of the shop is candles and I need to produce.. funny, I order that w 20 dye chips and wick holders and it's 50 bucks then I look at that 50 pound bag I can't pick up (which I honestly think they screwed up and gave me more for 107 bucks and just shake my head. I'll be sure to post here at the end of the week

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 12:22 PM, Chandlery girl said:

I just started using millennium. I got a 50 pound case for 100 bucks I don't know why lol. I always used 464.. but I got so sick of the bubbles and frosting. I mastered scent throw in 464 though, with candle cocoon FO.. their oil is very concentrated. In 464, in most of candle cocoons oils I need less than .5oz per pound.I also use 2 oils from a place called theplace4candles. Patchouli and Apple cobbler, I use 1 oz pp. People smell the oils on me when I walk outside!!! Anyhow, with millenium I'm still testing with no avail. I have a good feeling about today though. I weighed out a pound, I found you need MORE than a pound if you are using 8oz jar since you MUST POUR THIS WAS WHEN EXTREMELY SLUSHY. My other mistake was not weighing. Also, curing. Millennium wax has a 3 to 5 day cure process. This time was my 5th try, heated to 165 ish, melted my dye chip at that point and mixed my fragrance at around 153. I added cooler last time cooler, but scientifically, FO won't bond molecularly at a cold temp. I'm not sure if this try will work. But I have a huge tester. Lol. Was trying to make 2 candles,but learning a new wax is a learning experience. 464 I can fix the frosting, wetspots,ect. And get amazing throw.. but it's time consuming... And I'm a sucker for knowledge... I ordered 10 pounds of 464 anyway since I'm opening an online shop in April which over 70 percent of the shop is candles and I need to produce.. funny, I order that w 20 dye chips and wick holders and it's 50 bucks then I look at that 50 pound bag I can't pick up (which I honestly think they screwed up and gave me more for 107 bucks and just shake my head. I'll be sure to post here at the end of the week

i am on my third bag of Millennium and not turning back  I use 7 percent as they suggest and I have literally had to go down on fragrance in some cases to 5  I have been trying since 2012 to get a fragrant candle testing so many and mostly c3  I had tried 414 464 advanced really all that was available and I am getting the throw I need and want and to me it is worth the extra bucks for this wax it does frost where my c3 did not..   I recently purchased a very small tin of an aquiessie candle it was 8 dollars for a two oz...it is not soy and I lit it and the whole house smelled amazing on this itty bitty candle made me wonder why I am fighting with soy all these years...I asked the lady if it was soy and she said no however any candle wicked right and trimmed right will burn clean.......she is right this one blew away even the millenium..........why do I fight so hard for soy......