Tea Tree

Candybee

Over the last couple of years I have been getting more and more requests for Tea Tree oil soap. I have resisted making it because, well, I don't like the smell.

So I am asking help on what I can mix with it so I can at least tolerate it. Any ideas? For those of you who make it do you mix it with another EO or FO? What do customers like? Plain, or blended?

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

If you are using EO, Eucalyptus is one of the most common mixers, but I've seen it mixed with Lavender for the soothing effect as well.  Tea Tree can be drying, hence a great acne soap.

I've never smelled Tea Tree FO, is it really close to the EO?  I can tolerate it way more than Patch, gag, gag!

• Like 1

You can mix it with several other eo's. For fall I like to blend it with 10 fold sweet orange and clove. Lavender, lemongrass, Peppermint blend nicely with tea tree. Some of my customers want it straight up though, but I'm not a fan of it.

Now I love patchouli and have no problem with it. Its kind of an acquired taste thou-- you either love it or hate it.

I like the idea of lavender and or eucalyptus EO blended with the Tea Tree oil. I think my last customer asked me if I had tree tree with lavender soap. I also think lemongrass and or peppermint sound like good mixers.

These are all great ideas. I knew I could get some good ones here! Thanks everyone!!

Regardless of whether you decide to keep it straight or mix it please remember that Tea Tree EO is toxic to felines and may be fatal to them in even slight amounts. I use it straight and it sells well, but I always issue that warning and label it as such.

HTH

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...