I'm not new, but I've been away for a very long time.

2rottndogs

This is the 2nd time I've taken up candle making after a very long hiatus between.  I kept meaning to get back into this and could never find the "right" time.  The last time I made a sellable candle was in 2008 and I was dabbling in paraffin along with C-3.  I live on the Downeast Coast of Maine, I own a hair salon and in my down time I show Silver Fox rabbits in addition to running a micro farm.

So I'm excited to be working on this venture AGAIN  and I just wanted to pop on and say HI to everyone.

Kimberly

Edited by 2rottndogs
  • Like 1

Puma...the avatar I'm using is my sweet boy Brenin. I lost Brenin just a little over a month ago after having him for over 13 years. He was a retired therapy dog of 7 years...the last 3 years of his therapy service was spent helping children read through a program called R.E.A.D. So in addition to visiting our local hospital and elderly housing, he worked with K through 2nd grade every week until I retired him last summer because of failing eye sight. Brenin was the love of my life.

As far as the rabbits go...you can see them on Facebook at Cadillac Mountain Rabbitry. We have a show coming up in November and I'm hoping for a better turn out with our rabbits since we haven't done well all summer. It was so hot that they all started blowing their coats and because Silver Fox are considered a dual purpose breed...fur and meat...lots of points are placed on them having a great coat.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I'm so sorry about your loss of Brenin. I just lost my pup, Kodie, who was 15 years old and my best friend. I feel your pain!!

But, I know I was blessed to have her in my life for so long. And it sounds like many people were blessed by Brenin. My guess is that you gave him a great life.

Puma...the avatar I'm using is my sweet boy Brenin. I lost Brenin just a little over a month ago after having him for over 13 years. He was a retired therapy dog of 7 years...the last 3 years of his therapy service was spent helping children read through a program called R.E.A.D. So in addition to visiting our local hospital and elderly housing, he worked with K through 2nd grade every week until I retired him last summer because of failing eye sight. Brenin was the love of my life.

As far as the rabbits go...you can see them on Facebook at Cadillac Mountain Rabbitry. We have a show coming up in November and I'm hoping for a better turn out with our rabbits since we haven't done well all summer. It was so hot that they all started blowing their coats and because Silver Fox are considered a dual purpose breed...fur and meat...lots of points are placed on them having a great coat.

I am so sorry about the loss of your boy Brenin! Our fur babies mean so much to us and it is so so so tough losing them. He touched many lives throughout his life and made many folks happy...he was just a very special pup wasn't he? Just think...YOU were the one lucky enough to have him! :)

About those rabbits....Oh MY!!! I did the search on your rabbits and they are just beautiful! I love the gray ones ...love your chickens too...especially with that baby snuggled into Mom's feathers!! Looks like you have a very fun place to live! Those baby rabbit pics are so so sweet!!! :)

Edited by puma52

Puma...you are very right! I was lucky to have Brenin...every day in his company was a blessing.

The rabbits are so unique. Until almost 4 years ago, I had never touch a rabbit before in my life. My husband, who's a recovering alcoholic and prescription drug addict, had just come out of rehab after loosing his job and a suicide attempt. This man knew nothing really about living life, his self worth had always been based on his work. I took him to a rabbit rescue in our area with the intent of us helping with the rabbits...cleaning, feeding, watering and so on in hopes helping my hubby find some self worth by doing something different. I have a picture of him holding one of the rescue rabbits in his arms and the look on his face was just incredible. That's when we got into fostering some of the rabbits instead. Best decision ever made. In the end, we adopted 2 of our fosters and have never looked back.

We went to our first rabbit show and we were hooked. We found a breed that we fell in love with and almost 4 years later we have what you see on our fb page.

• Like 1