I have questions about IGI 1288B

I stopped making candles back in 2008 because of problems I couldn't work out with soy...apparently towards the end of my candle making "career", I purchased a huge amount of IGI 1288B.  It's been so long, I'm not really sure why I didn't continue with that wax.  So needless to say between soy problems, full time job, hubby with health issues and just general life happening...candles seemed to fade out of my life.

Now I'm trying to get back into it again... I have missed making candles over the last 7 years.  So back to the soy I went and I had the same problems I had the first time... just can't seem to get it together with soy.  So I decided that I would use up all the paraffin wax I have but now I have I no notes AND no directions to follow as far as melt point, pour temp or even the amount of FO to use with this wax. 

If someone has information or can help me dig up information on IGI 1288B, I would be incredibly grateful.

Kimberly

I have been sitting going and going and going through old candle records trying to find ANYTHING that might have to do with this wax...I found records on 7 test candles, so now I have a place to start.  If nothing else, I can use up the 4 boxes I have of the IGI 1288B while I work on testing some new waxes to take it's place.  *sigh* :thumbsup2:

If you don't have a lot of the wax, I'd be sure it's still available before too much testing.  IGI seems to have changed a bunch of waxes and discontinued some

over the past sev years.  I see a lot of posts here for their 6006 wax which is a paraffin/vege blend so if you need to change you might look into that.  I use C3 so

can't help.

• Like 1

I have 4 50 lb boxes of the 1288B. While I'm finishing it up, I'll start looking at other waxes to try and test. I've got c3, but I haven't been very successful with it. I'm finding it to be as difficult now as it was 7 years ago. I'll just keep plugging away.