Bulk Apothecary

Trappeur

I have ordered various products from Bulk Apothecary for the past three years or so. I have had no problem with anything I have ordered and would consider their merchandise to be of good quality. There are always coupons online for up to 25 percent off that actually work. In my opinion they have very competitive prices on all of their merchandise.

They offer a 30-day money back guarantee on their fragrance oils. I didn't return any of the three FOs that I ordered because I was basically pleased with them. So I can't say if they actually honor the money back guarantee or not. The 16oz FOs are shipped in very pretty brushed aluminum containers that are sealed extremely very well. I find their shipping fees to be reasonable and have always received my orders on a timely basis. One issue I have with Bulk Apothecary is they don't provide a description for all of their fragrance oils so you have to either use your imagination or do some research to find out how a particular fragrance oil smells.

Never ordered any of their fragrances before. I have ordered a few supplies for soap making but their soaping supplies are way overpriced as far as I am concerned. But what I have ordered has been good quality and no problems with any order itself. I trust their quality and service just not their prices.

• 4 weeks later...

I placed another order Sunday before their fragrance sale ended.They had a couple fragrances that I have been wanting that my other suppliers don't carry. I ordered 4 fo's and some other needed supplies. I received my order today and everything was packaged well. They ship the 16 oz. fragrances in aluminum bottles . All of the fo's have very good scent strength oob.

Edited by Shar

• 3 months later...

I have been wanting to try some of their FOs, especially their version of Lucky Charms *drools* But I've only ordered once and when I received it (body mist base), it had an extra ingredient which was not listed on the product page. Needless to say I haven't gone back but since their oils have some good reviews, maybe I ought to give them a try again.

Make sure when you are figuring out prices that you are getting what you pay for. Their measuring methods have left people short quite a bit on things. Even packaging. Have been shorted loads on bottles. And discovered how they measure soaping oil, like coconut, was odd. They claimed coconut oil was a liquid oil and used fluid ounces. Other solid oils/butters included the weight of the container, not the tared container. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Make sure when you are figuring out prices that you are getting what you pay for. Their measuring methods have left people short quite a bit on things. Even packaging. Have been shorted loads on bottles. And discovered how they measure soaping oil, like coconut, was odd. They claimed coconut oil was a liquid oil and used fluid ounces. Other solid oils/butters included the weight of the container, not the tared container. 

I ordered from them just once and will never order again because of this.

we should all check our received goods for EVERY supplier.

Understand specific gravities and how to calculate what cotents of your bottle "should" weigh.

I have been shorted occasionally by others (some popular on this very board), but never on the scale of BA. how they admitted their sleight of hand procedures last year when challenged by a group of disgusted customers blew my mind. When a supplier advertises products as being sold using avoir du pois, but then packages as volume, Houston we have a problem. 

• Like 2

That's very unfortunate that they do that :( - its very disingenuous.  i have been looking at their FOs for a while and didnt order any because i had bought afew fos from other suppliers that didnt work for me so i was nervous to spend money on them... But they have so many FOs that are tempting to me. 

I knew there was another reason why I didn't order anymore from BA. I didn't have any problems with the quality or service or turnaround shipping time, but their prices are over inflated and I didn't trust their weights either. It's been a long time since I ordered from them. Can see that they are still up to their tricks. Sad.

I started ordering potpourri and botanicals from them last year after Lebermuth sold that division to them. No problems and they were quite helpful when I wanted to purchase something in smaller quantity than they listed on their website. I have used one of their oils Holiday Nest and it is FABULOUS!!

I have only ordered test fragrances so far from BA, but I thought they smelled nice and threw well in my candles.  Yes, a bit pricey.  Someone mentioned the patchouli they sell is the same as Lebermuth's, but I haven't tried that one so I can't compare... I'd love to know if that's true, though. 

I really love BA, I get lots of stuff from them, not just candle oriented. 
When I made B&B I had many suppliers short/over on weights.  Of course we're always ok with the overages.  I think butters were probably the most discrepancies

I encountered across the board.  I just recently got an order of fo from AH/RE and one bottle just didn't look like a full pound and it wasn't a heavy scent so I decided

to weigh it and with the bottle and cap it came to almost exactly 1# so I was shorted slightly.  I chose not to contact them because I'm sure many times it's been the

other way around and I value them as a supplier.

• Like 1

I was just checking prices and guess what?  BA's patchouli is $56/lb.  What.  

If I buy from Lebermuth it is $35.90/lb, plus the $20 fee if I buy less than $300 of product... so they come out to essentially the same cost.  Just made this realization and I can't believe I didn't notice it before.  D'oh.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...