Revised Christmas Label

Trappeur

Well, I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the Apple Orchard account Christmas labels straightened out.  Twice the company who is printing my labels just can't seem to get them printed right.  The plaid border is not coming out even - one side of the label the plaid is wide and the other side narrow and then the top and bottom of the label is the same thing.  I'm thinking because it is such a small label ( 1  1/2" square") that I need to make the plaid more bigger and it won't make their job difficult to print them.  And too on the bottom of the label the holly that is in each corner on the bottom *I have to keep moving either closer or more towards the outside as whatever fragrance is printed on the label takes up more room, so I decided to just eliminate the holly altogether and added a pine cone spray to the label in the middle and now that won't mess up my scent names.

Here is a picture of the label on the jar with the labels printed wrong....see how the plaid is not uniform?  And I don't even like the way the holly looks like on it.  So you can see how disgusted I am with these.

be026911-bb5f-494b-8e21-ab0024b59efe.jpg

Now here I redesigned the label and thought what about the pine cone spray that I have in the middle of the label now that I have eliminated the holly?

What do you think?  When I redesigned the label and made the plaid border much bigger like in here I had to minimize the actual Merciers Apple picture to let more plaid show up, but I think I like it better.

This is picture #1.................................

Merciers%20christmas%20label%201.jpg

This is picture #2....................................

In this picture the pine cone spray is on the bottom of the label.   I had to reduce even further the apple picture....but I think it will still work.

Merciers%20xmas%20label%202.jpg

So which ones does everyone prefer?  #1 or #2......or maybe you have a suggestion for me?

Thanks!

Trappeur

I think I'm going to be the odd ball here, but I like the 1st one. It seems more proportional to me (I think it's the math teacher in me) and seems to make better use of the space. But they are both beautiful labels.

Guest OldGlory

I like #2 - but I am curious about how it would look if you moved down the pine bough to slightly overlap the border.

Also, I think that the uneven border would be less conspicuous if it were a solid color, maybe red, but a shade darker than the apple red. Maybe gold, or a very deep green. Don't know about the color but that border would drive me to drinking. I like it in theory but if they can't make it correctly then I would scrap it and find a new border.

I think I like 2 slightly better, but both look great. Have you tried moving the pine bough to the very top and bringing down the picture of the apple, as well as the scent name? Just another perspective that might work. I always love looking at your labels. You do a great job!

Well, it was hard for me to make a choice, but I'm going with #2 like everyone suggested.  I was leaning towards #1 as to me it looks better balanced but the the pine cone bough sort of gets lost in it and shows up much better in #2 so #2 it is.

Thankyou for everyone's suggestion.  I did try all the little suggestions that everyone suggested but they just didn't look good, but I tried.

Thankyou everyone.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Well, it was hard for me to make a choice, but I'm going with #2 like everyone suggested. I was leaning towards #1 as to me it looks better balanced but the the pine cone bough sort of gets lost in it and shows up much better in #2 so #2 it is.

Thankyou for everyone's suggestion. I did try all the little suggestions that everyone suggested but they just didn't look good, but I tried.

Thankyou everyone.

Trappeur

I actually like #1 because of the reason you said it was more balanced. I see where the wreath spray gets on the way but I feel like people know it's Mercier. Anyway. That's my vote. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Thankyou Moonshine and everyone else.  I sure appreciate everyone's input.  I did wind up going with #2 and I made the plaid border bigger as I said I would and they really came out beautiful and to cut down on pricing to make the candle as cheaply as I could I wound up going with all gold lids instead of red, rust and black.  The shipping for these lids especially the old timey was a killer and the only place I had been ordering from was Filmore and I just can't justify 23.00 shipping or more for 100 lids.  So just for Christmas I went with the gold lids as Old Glory recommended and gold stretchy bows and it really is festive looking so I was very happy and they were too.  I'll post a picture later.

Trappeur