CS Pumpkin Souffle?

I am burning some testers with this FO in Naturewax C3 right now. I love the smell OOB and even the cold throw in wax, but when burning it just smells, well, BURNT. It smells like burnt pumpkin seeds or something along those lines. Does anyone who uses this scent have any similar experiences to share, or do you think I may have gotten a bad bottle or done something wrong? I added it around 185 like I do with all my FOs, and used somewhere between 1.2-1.4 oz pp. I know some people think that's on the steeper side but I've never really had an issue with it before. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sounds like you used way too much & it could be why it smells funky. Back off on the FO and see if it smells better.  It could be like a Gardenia I have that I use just under 1/2 oz./lb. for a true, strong gardenia scent.  Anything more than that and it smells horrible and unlike any gardenia I know. 

Actually I have heard about others that also get a burnt note in it. I think they were using a soy wax but I don't know which one. I never smelled any burnt notes but then I use at 6% with palm wax so that could be the difference. Plus, I usually blend it with the CS pumpkin pie.

I use C3 and that scent and never had a burnt smell.  I don't particularly like that scent so don't burn it any more but I'm sure during testing I would have thrown it away if it smelled burnt.  I do only use .8 oz pp of wax because it's very strong.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone! I think I'll try making one more tester with under 1 oz pp and if that doesn't work for me, I'll just move on to one of the many other pumpkin options! Luckily there's a lot to choose from.  :)

• 1 month later...

I tested the pumpkin souffle fragrance in GB 444 soy wax; I used an ounce per pound.  It definitely smelled great out of the bottle and had great cold throw, but man did it smell like a burnt mess when it was lit.  It was so bad it gave me a headache.  Bleh!  But this fragrance gets so many other good reviews.. not sure what the deal was.

I got the same in 415- pure burnt and I will never touch it again it made me so sick - still haven't found a pumpkin I can tolerate and for now I am using CS Pumpkin pie but it is very light in 415

I tested daystars I think awhile back- sweet Pumpkin I think and it was good but it made a mess out of my wax- I had odd coloring and frosting and craters and I do not use dye....maybe I used too much

This is my VERY first post! I am sooo glad I found you guys!!! 

The title is CS Pumpkin Souffle - and after looking at the posts its not what I thought!!! I was actually having some issues with CandleScience's Pumpkin Souffle lol! Not really an issue at all persay - but right out of the bottle it literally smells like raw pumpkin - either right out of the can or when you are cleaning a pumpkin to carve!!! SO! I added a tad of Cinnamon Stick to it and it is PHENOMENAL!!!! I have labeled that one Pumpkin Spice and I had RAVE reviews on that combination!!! I haven't been at this very long at all - less than a year - and I absolutely LOVE being a Chandler! I've wanted to make candles since I was 15, I am now 31 and just in heaven finally doing this! Thank you all for being here for one another! I have a feeling I am going to LOVE this forum!!! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I blend the CS Pumpkin Souffle with the CS Strudel & Spice and call it Pumpkin Roll.  It sells well.

I blend the CS Pumpkin Souffle with the CS Strudel & Spice and call it Pumpkin Roll.  It sells well.

That sounds wonderfu!  I'll have to try that.

Trappeur