Favorite Christmas Tree/Spruce Scent FO

coachtom

ok, CS has a TRUE blue spruce which is 'POWERFUL"....I love it.  I'm a pine person and I've tried tons of them and have narrowed down over the years, the best and most realistic fragrances which I thought were awesome and great throwers and these are what I use.

Another awesome awesome pine tree scent is Christmas Tree from Fillmore.  Now this is a true "balsam fir", not a spruce and not a regular pine but a balsam fir - straight out of the maine woods...lol.  It has been for years my #1 seller.  It's really beautiful.

If your looking for strictly a great pine scent try Christmas Tree from Community Candle.  Really nice,

Another different pine is Scotch Pine from C. Science....very different but very nice.

Bittercreek North has some nice pine scents.  One I love is called Northwoods......

And so many use Mistletoe from C. Science.  I'm not a lover of it myself....but it sure sells immediately for me....Has great throw....just not my type....that's all.

If you do a search for Christmas scents here, you will find tons and tons of info too.............

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

I don't know which wax you use, but I will also suggest Fillmore's Christmas Tree in 464. I have tried dozens of those FOs and Fillmore's is the best, hands down, no comparison.

While you are at Fillmore, try the Nutmeg and Ginger (I rename it Spice Cake) and Citrus & Spruce. In soy, all 3 of those score a 10 out of 10 in my opinion.

The Christmas Tree Fillmore uses is the exact same oil that Tradewinds used to sell before they went out of business. I have never been able to match the quality of Tradewinds oils until I found Fillmore's Christmas Tree. It is identical and the best Christmas Tree I have ever found. JMO

Guest OldGlory

Candybee, I had Tradewinds Blackberry Sage duped at Aztec. Gave samples to 2 testers, one of Tradewinds, one of the new Aztec version , unmarked. Both testers said the Aztec version was superior to Tradewinds. They did have some great oils!

Oh they had a fabulous blackberry sage. Glad to hear there is a super dupe of it! LOL

They also had the best cucumber melon and lavender flowers. I have tried in vain to find replacements and nothing comes close to either. Just wish I knew where they got those oils from.

I have a bunch of 1 ounce bottles from Tradewinds from way back, don't know if they are still good but they sure do smell good.  If anyone is looking for a particular scent to have duped let me know and I will check to see if I have it. 

Has anyone tried to buy their complete line of oils?  Wish someone would, sure did like their oils.

They attempted twice to reopen Tradewinds and start selling FOs again but it just didn't work out. AH/RE took their Hawaiian Sandalwood so I bought a lb of that not too long ago. It was a big disappointment. Not anything like the original that Tradewind had. I tried soaping it and it was even worse. Soaps smelled like paperback books. A sweet papery scent-- nothing like a good sandalwood.

Do you by chance have their lavender flowers, cucumber melon, mele kalekemaka, red hot cinnamon, chocolate brownies, herbal ?? something (a spa scent that was divine!)?? Those were some of their top ten and the ones I can remember.

Ok I have the following three, Red Hots, Chocolate Brownies, Mele kalekemaka.  I sniffed the Katmandu, forgot how good it smelled.  Reminds me of Nag Champa type fragrance oil oob.

I will make a list tomorrow of the ones I have available.  I also have to look in another place tomorrow to see if I can find some more hiding out. LOL!  Once I list them all you can tell me which ones are needed to have duped and I can send them to you.

Guest OldGlory

Oldglory, do you remember what the Katmandu smelled like, or has it been to long? LOL!

I remember it well. I also remember the nag champa, and I think I remember something like Patchouli or Sandalwood in it. It was not sweet at all, but the powdery note and some base note(s). I just threw away an oz or so.

Guest OldGlory

Christmas Tree from Fillmore is the best Spruce scent I have tried. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

woohooo!! It's an awesome FO.