Square mason jars

Thank you! I made some testers up with cd 16s and 415 wax, I'm still waiting for them to cure in order to be able to test them. I was just afraid that the wick might be too big. I hope you don't mind me asking, how much do you sell these for?

There are many Chandlers (on this forum and several others) that use that jar. 

The price you sell them for is going to depend on many factors. Your cost of goods, including shipping, with added in labor, then your mark up. 

I think the average would probably be around $7-$8 depending on all of that, but am not sure, as I don't use that particular jar. 

In c3 wax or 415 wax or 464 wax I use a cd 12 or htp 105.

In my neck of the woods, a lodge I used to sell to sold them for 12.00 each.\

Trappeur

Wow - I was completely guessing, since I don't make that jar, I had/have no idea! 

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

You can find those jars with soy wax here selling for $6-7. Candle related products have extremely low retails in this area because a major supplier is just up the road and so many people think they can decide to make candles and sell them the next week.

Perfect! Thank you everyone! I'll make up some more testers, with smaller wicks, and go from there. I was thinking of selling them for $12, so it's nice to see that some of you sold them for that. There are some sellers on etsy that are charging even more for this jar.

I used to sell those for $5.00 retail. I used the nice lids that look antique but the jars can only be labeled on the lid. The raised lettering is the whole appeal of the jar, so it only makes sense to label the top of the lid. Tip: buy the warning labels for the bottom of the jar with a line for writing the fragrance name. Lids can get mixed up. They tend to get hang up in those corners but make nice candle containers. My customers said no to jelly jars or canning jars and I use a 12 ounce salsa with gold lid. Its still a canning jar but looks a little more uptown. Buy in bulk and save money or they can be costly.  HTH

Steve

• Like 2

That was a long time ago in a land faraway. I generally charge $1.00 per ounce of wax. Buying wax, wicks, fos , labels and jars does not equal profit. The alternative would be to charge an amount that would leave most of them on the shelf. My market is rural and the customer base has limited money for luxury items. My products are bought for teacher gifts, shower gifts and some home use but few of my customers are willing to pay premium prices for a product that is on every shelf of nearly every store. I see lots of candles sitting around on shelves and it makes no sense to over price a product. The salsa jars are half the cost of the jelly jars in bulk. I can buy $250.00 worth and get free shipping to my door and fairly good quality of glass.

Steve

I use that jar and 415- I sell them for 10.00 around here and others sell them for 8.00- I would go broke at 8.00- they must buy in serious bulk or use crappy low grade cheap oils

I am not big enough to buy like that and use a lot of expensive FO

CD 16 May be too hot with jar and that wax- I do have 2 oils I use that size for that are PIA's to wick

A 10-12 is what Works me

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oceangazer, I'm using the exact same jar and formula, and although the CD10s and 12s are giving some amazing scent throw, they are burning too hot for me. I think I'll try the CD 7 and 8's also. Please keep us updated with your results! Thanks. FYI: Aztecs Pumpkin Caramel Latte is about to run me out of the house!! Amazing hot and cold throw!

Edited by Nancy63
  • Like 2