ISO Earthy Sage

jackbenimble

So I've been looking awhile for a good earthy sage like in the FO I think Ya**ee does called Sage & Cinnamon.

All I am able to find are more clean type that would be great in a more herbal based blend.

I have used WSP Sage and Cinnamon but it's not as strong as it could be IMO so I am wanting to blend my own.

Any hints as to where I could find a good savory sage that blends well with cinnamon?

• 3 weeks later...

I really like Desert Sage from EBB. To me it's earthy with a twinge of camphor. It throws really well in 444, too.

Yes I have that one and it is a good sage but to my nose it's more clean. I want to find a sage that has a savory quality to it similar to sage in thanksgiving stuffing.

Ah Tennessee, I think it was, had an autumn sage once and that might have been more robust than other sages out there ... It isn't carried any more that I recall, but NG has/had a sage that wasn't too bad if memory serves me right. Tennessee just had the best that was out there once upon a time.