Jasmine - Candlewic

VioletFlame

If you happen to find yourself ordering the Jasmine scent from Candlewic, I'd highly suggest purchasing a 1 ounce bottle tester beforehand. By some miracle, Candlewic has somehow managed to create a scent to the exact specifications of a "Porto-potty." The scent does not smell like feces, but rather like whatever cleaner they use to mask the feces smell. I suppose the scent is alright for anyone who has never used a porto-potty, but if you have, then this fragrance will surely remind you of it. I swear the scent even leaves a urine aftertaste. It's a great scent for a gag gift candle however. Least to say, I did not use this scent in my candle production.

Edited by VioletFlame
  • Like 1

Did you put it in wax?   Sometimes I gag at the smell until it's in wax and cured then it smells as it should.  Obviously it has to smell good burning as well! 

I can't even go into those porta pottys so I'll pass on even trying 1 oz.

• 2 years later...

Amazing how our noses smell things differently....One of the few scents that I do have from Candlewic is Jasmine and I found it really lovely.....No stench here....I think I may have used a portolet once in my life and it's pretty nasty.  You must have got a bad oil....

The most foulest fragrance in my life I have ever ordered was Marijuana from RE for a special request from an employee.  Omg, I can't believe they still sell this and actually think this smells like pot. Now I like the smell of pot, even though I don't smoke it, but I do like..... This fragrance was the most foulest, rank scent I ever poured. When I poured it, I literally started gagging and ran to the basement to wrap it up and pitch it (a whole pound of wasted money).  The stench it left in my house stayed for days and even stayed in my nostrils for hours...No coffee did the trick to mask it either.

Trappeur

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lmbo Trappeur, You are to funny :)

I think we should start a thread of the WORSE oil aroma ever .I think this would be a interesting topic. It definitely would add a bit of  humor in our life a short while lol.. I once tried Vanillary from FB ,think that's the one ,oh my absolutely horrible to my nose. This scent does have jasmine notes & smelled nothing like the original YUK!!! Maybe I got a bad batch idk. I do love FB oils ,just this one was totally off imo . I know what ya mean about the mary jane experience ,think we all have gotten a fragrance at one time or another ,that was just awful. I am glad to be back reading post .I have been absence for a while. LOL I do not smoke that either ,never smelled it so idk :)

I love Candlewic Ultimate Bold fragrance oils :)

Gail I second your idea ,think I will try CW Jasmine .I order from them a lot & have no complaints .I only order the UB .They have some amazing fragrances .I would be lost without CW Maple Butter, Wild Maine Blueberry, Storm Watch , Voo Doo Love ,  Lemon Lavender is Fantastic along with many more :) Fall favorites Gingerbread Spice Cake ,Maple Butter & Mulberry Spice . I will place a order for Jasmine as soon as Whipped pumpkin pie is back in stock .Definitely will order just 1 oz sampler.

• Like 1

Awhile back ago I ordered a sample vial from Eden Botanicals of Jasmine Absolute. I just wanted to see what something that expensive smelled like.

I guess my nose isn't  very sophisticated because it was the most disgusting thing Ive ever smelled. I couldn't put my finger on what it was that my nose

was even picking up on. Real jasmine flowers I love, they are intoxicating, but this was a fry cry from that lol ! It was foul smelling  Yuck. Besides that Ive

only used a few FO's that I literally couldn't stand. One was CS Oakmoss + Amber, I know Im probably a lone odd ball because it has tons of great reviews

but I hated it.made my whole lower floor stink to high heaven + it was as if I could taste it too. Another one was from Candlewic, Smoked Birch. OMG, it

was yucky. To me it smelled like smoked beef jerky and I couldn't get rid of the smell on my hands, just from opening the cap. I don't know how anyone could

possibly like that one lol ! But, I know we all smell things differently. I do like the Vanilla Sugared Shortbread from Candlewic though :) 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 2:06 PM, Trappeur said:

Amazing how our noses smell things differently....One of the few scents that I do have from Candlewic is Jasmine and I found it really lovely.....No stench here....I think I may have used a portolet once in my life and it's pretty nasty.  You must have got a bad oil....

The most foulest fragrance in my life I have ever ordered was Marijuana from RE for a special request from an employee.  Omg, I can't believe they still sell this and actually think this smells like pot. Now I like the smell of pot, even though I don't smoke it, but I do like..... This fragrance was the most foulest, rank scent I ever poured. When I poured it, I literally started gagging and ran to the basement to wrap it up and pitch it (a whole pound of wasted money).  The stench it left in my house stayed for days and even stayed in my nostrils for hours...No coffee did the trick to mask it either.

Trappeur

yeah right :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 11:25 AM, katmeltswax said:

I love Candlewic Ultimate Bold fragrance oils :)

Gail I second your idea ,think I will try CW Jasmine .I order from them a lot & have no complaints .I only order the UB .They have some amazing fragrances .I would be lost without CW Maple Butter, Wild Maine Blueberry, Storm Watch , Voo Doo Love ,  Lemon Lavender is Fantastic along with many more :) Fall favorites Gingerbread Spice Cake ,Maple Butter & Mulberry Spice . I will place a order for Jasmine as soon as Whipped pumpkin pie is back in stock .Definitely will order just 1 oz sampler.

I am so glad I finally 'discovered' Candlewic in this.  I have already ordered from them 6 times.  I found my new favorite summer fragrance there, Berry Tangerine.  I also really like Summer Fresh.

And they have so many good fall fragrances, Pomegranate Cider, Pumpkin Chai, Cranapple Spice, Apple Cider Donut, to name a few. I also got the Sugared Vanilla Shortbread because that's what so many here raved about from Candlewic.  :)  I like Cranberry Chutney and Black tea Orange & Almond OOB, haven't put those two in wax yet.  

I love the free samples with every bottle ordered.  That has helped me to order even more from them.  My grandson loved the sample of White Mulberry Cedar.  Said that is what he wants for a Christmas candle.  So of course I ordered some for him.

I also like their little sales.  Like free clamshells, etc.  Plus, sometimes I can add a case of wax and the FedEx shipping only goes up by $14.00 or so.  Can't beat that with a stick.  :)

I saw that they have Storm Watch, but it's a little pricy, so I continue to get Millcreek's version called Backroads.  I love it!  Some of Candlewic's FO's are very inexpensive though.  Their prices really vary.  

11 hours ago, GailC said:

I am so glad I finally 'discovered' Candlewic in this.  I have already ordered from them 6 times.  I found my new favorite summer fragrance there, Berry Tangerine.  I also really like Summer Fresh.

And they have so many good fall fragrances, Pomegranate Cider, Pumpkin Chai, Cranapple Spice, Apple Cider Donut, to name a few. I also got the Sugared Vanilla Shortbread because that's what so many here raved about from Candlewic.  :)  I like Cranberry Chutney and Black tea Orange & Almond OOB, haven't put those two in wax yet.  

I love the free samples with every bottle ordered.  That has helped me to order even more from them.  My grandson loved the sample of White Mulberry Cedar.  Said that is what he wants for a Christmas candle.  So of course I ordered some for him.

I also like their little sales.  Like free clamshells, etc.  Plus, sometimes I can add a case of wax and the FedEx shipping only goes up by $14.00 or so.  Can't beat that with a stick.  :)

I saw that they have Storm Watch, but it's a little pricy, so I continue to get Millcreek's version called Backroads.  I love it!  Some of Candlewic's FO's are very inexpensive though.  Their prices really vary.  

Candlewic  Storm Watch CW is FANTASTIC:) I agree it is expensive. I picked mine up during their last sale .If you spent $125 you get to pick 2 1 lb bottles for free . I chose Storm Watch & Wild Maine Blueberry ,both are wonderful oils . I ordered their Whipped Pumpkin pie ,not very strong imo . Do you have a recommendation on any pumpkin pie scent that is strong? I have more trouble with Pumpkin scents for some reason ,seem to have a weak throw every time . I have tried Candlescience Pumpkin pie & did not care for the Souffle either. Maybe I am expecting to much from Pumpkin scents . I would appreciate any recommendations :) I do love Candlewic products along with so to many more companies as well. I am a huge Aztec fan too :)

Kathy

9 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Candlewic  Storm Watch CW is FANTASTIC:) I agree it is expensive. I picked mine up during their last sale .If you spent $125 you get to pick 2 1 lb bottles for free . I chose Storm Watch & Wild Maine Blueberry ,both are wonderful oils . I ordered their Whipped Pumpkin pie ,not very strong imo . Do you have a recommendation on any pumpkin pie scent that is strong? I have more trouble with Pumpkin scents for some reason ,seem to have a weak throw every time . I have tried Candlescience Pumpkin pie & did not care for the Souffle either. Maybe I am expecting to much from Pumpkin scents . I would appreciate any recommendations :) I do love Candlewic products along with so to many more companies as well. I am a huge Aztec fan too :)

Kathy

I am not the person to recommend a pumpkin scent, because I am sick to death of Pumpkin.  :)  I know you said you don't care for CS Pumpkin Souffle, but my customers have loved that one for 8 years.  It is knock your socks off  strong too.  I blend it with other pumpkins and cinnamon sometimes.  The other day, I blended it with Gingerbread that I didn't care for by itself.  No matter what I blend it with, I still mostly smell Pumpkin Souffle.  

Some of my customers prefer Pumpkin Spice though from Aztec.  I just made some Peaches & Pumpkin Patch from Aztec and I  like it.  Pumpkin Chai from Candlewic is a good seller too.

9 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Kathy

Ok, now I have to ask, what is Storm Watch like ?

13 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Ok, now I have to ask, what is Storm Watch like ?

Oh gee....I am terrible at scent descriptions.  Like I said, I get mine from Millcreek, and she calls it Backroads.  I use it in my Country line of candles.  The scent just grew on me, and now I love it.  Even when the candle wasn't lit, I would get a whiff every now and then when it was sitting on the table next to my recliner.  It just makes me feel good.  :)

It is a Yankee Candle dupe...a fresh scent, but different than any other FO I have. 

One customer reorders melts from me, and she said the scent is the closest to YC she's found.  I guess Stormwatch is hard to come by now.

Here is Millcreek's scent description:

Popular outdoor stormwatch, fresh woody bouquet with tops notes of ozone, fresh leafy greens, lemon and apple combined with bright cedar, jasmine, lavender, violet and lilac highlighted with a soft musk.

17 minutes ago, GailC said:

Oh gee....I am terrible at scent descriptions.  Like I said, I get mine from Millcreek, and she calls it Backroads.  I use it in my Country line of candles.  The scent just grew on me, and now I love it.  Even when the candle wasn't lit, I would get a whiff every now and then when it was sitting on the table next to my recliner.  It just makes me feel good.  :)

It is a Yankee Candle dupe...a fresh scent, but different than any other FO I have. 

One customer reorders melts from me, and she said the scent is the closest to YC she's found.  I guess Stormwatch is hard to come by now.

Here is Millcreek's scent description:

Popular outdoor stormwatch, fresh woody bouquet with tops notes of ozone, fresh leafy greens, lemon and apple combined with bright cedar, jasmine, lavender, violet and lilac highlighted with a soft musk.

Hmmm doesn't sound like something id gravitate to, thanks though :) Im on Candlewic right now looking at wax ;)

14 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Hmmm doesn't sound like something id gravitate to, thanks though :) Im on Candlewic right now looking at wax ;)

Candlewic now has the 220& 230 version soy wax. I just received my 5 lb samplers yesterday. I am going to blend the both  50/50 & see how it performs for wax melts. I am hoping the two will make a great smelling long lasting tart :)

I buy a lot of fragrances from Candlewic & find most of their Ultimate & Bold scents are very strong . I also love Aztec ,Candlesource, ,WSP and Peak .Candlesource Clothesline is super strong ,love . Also their mulberry is same as Peaks . I am so happy I will be able to get peak oils again soon from keystone. I am not sure when & have not checked lately. I am still on the hunt for a Pumpkin that is strong ,yet do not want the cinnamon to be so strong. I love Storm Watch from Candlewic . Moonstar you may like Rain Angelica from Flaming ,very different from storm watch . I named it Rain Angel ,such a gorgeous aroma  IMO . I want to try Candlewics November Rain soon as I get rid of some of my oil collection. I have way to many & want to clean out for Black Friday sales .Gail & I seem to have a lot in common with this oil hoarding issue lol. I may try keystones Pumpkin pie ,has great reviews :)

I love CW's wax! I use CBL-125 with a bit of Soy 125 for my container candles, so far it's been easy to wick and get great throw from most FOs. I also use the CBL-129 and soy for some of my tarts, it's the blend I use in clamshells. Nice and hard, great throw.

I've only used one of their FO's, the frosted pine. It's nice, great throw, just not super exciting. :)

You're really making me want to try some more though! I've had my eye on Voodoo Love and the Cider donut one.

11 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I am so happy I will be able to get peak oils again soon from keystone. I am not sure when & have not checked lately.

On their website it says shipping for Peak Oils is estimated 9/28 (Yesterday) but there is no further update, the oils are not on their site as of right now. 

I'd check maybe Monday and see... 

• Like 1

Thank you for the update on the Peak oils. I hope to get to purchase soon .Monday would be great!!! :)

I used quite a few of Peaks & cannot find any replacements that can compare to the  originals. I did purchase some dupes from Maple St.. The smell to my nose is the same ,strength not as strong . I do like some of Maples .I love their Pumpkin pecan Waffles :)

Look forward to trying Keystones  oils. I have never used their oils .Looks like I am going to have to add another vendor . Have way to many already ,however cannot go without some of Peaks wonderful scents :)

Has anyone used Keystone ? I would love to hear reviews on any of their oils ,Thanks Kathy

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I love CW's wax! I use CBL-125 with a bit of Soy 125 for my container candles, so far it's been easy to wick and get great throw from most FOs. I also use the CBL-129 and soy for some of my tarts, it's the blend I use in clamshells. Nice and hard, great throw.

I've only used one of their FO's, the frosted pine. It's nice, great throw, just not super exciting. :)

You're really making me want to try some more though! I've had my eye on Voodoo Love and the Cider donut one.

Yes you should try their ultimate & bold scents. The Voodoo love is nice & strong :) Storm Watch ,Lavender Lemons ,Gingerbread spice cake ,Cranberry Chutney & so much more. How much soy do you add to the 129 ? If you do not mind sharing :)

I recently ordered the 220 & 230 soy & want to blend 50-50 to see if the combo makes a nice tart .I normally use all paraffin . I highly recommend CW ultimate & bold scents . I have tried most all of these & only had a few I did not care for ,overall fantastic strong scents. I cannot leave out Wild Maine blueberry & Maple Butter. Both of these are must haves for me ,amazing strong scents .The WM Blueberry is great for blending too. You will not be disappointed .CW is one of my main suppliers UB scents:)

Kathy

9 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Thank you for the update on the Peak oils. I hope to get to purchase soon .Monday would be great!!! :)

I used quite a few of Peaks & cannot find any replacements that can compare to the  originals. I did purchase some dupes from Maple St.. The smell to my nose is the same ,strength not as strong . I do like some of Maples .I love their Pumpkin pecan Waffles :)

Look forward to trying Keystones  oils. I have never used their oils .Looks like I am going to have to add another vendor . Have way to many already ,however cannot go without some of Peaks wonderful scents :)

Has anyone used Keystone ? I would love to hear reviews on any of their oils ,Thanks Kathy

The good thing about Keystone, is they will not be selling dupes of Peaks oils, they will be selling Peaks oils. They purchased the manufacture codes from Peak, as well as all of their remaining fragrance oil inventory. 

I'm not sure if they will be available for purchase on Monday, but it wouldn't hurt checking. It's not in my budget to purchase any new fragrances until after the holiday season is over, so I won't get a chance to purchase from them until sometime in late December or January... 

• Like 1

That is great news! :)

The dupes are just not the same .I know what you mean about the budget .I do have to purchase the Cranberry Oak & Autumn Walk, along with more for the holiday season. I am so HAPPY these are not dupes .I will be checking daily for the oils .I have a few of their own in the cart already . I hope some one will give some reviews on Keystone if they have ever used their oils . I appreciate the information Jcandleattic . By the way love your name ,so unique :)

Kathy

The candle Attic is a WONDERFUL business name .I like it because it iS unique & different ,it is a name that attracts IMO ,LOVE IT :)

I wished I had the patience to make candles ,only do wax melts .I do make candles for myself & family members . I am going to try my hand at Bath Bombs soon. My grand daughters love these & lush is so expensive .I plan to put them in their Christmas stockings .LOL if they turn out ok .A bit nervous about this because I have never done this before .I love pouring wax melts thou :) I love this site & have learned a lot :)

Kathy

40 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

The candle Attic is a WONDERFUL business name .I like it because it iS unique & different ,it is a name that attracts IMO ,LOVE IT :)

I wished I had the patience to make candles ,only do wax melts .I do make candles for myself & family members . I am going to try my hand at Bath Bombs soon. My grand daughters love these & lush is so expensive .I plan to put them in their Christmas stockings .LOL if they turn out ok .A bit nervous about this because I have never done this before .I love pouring wax melts thou :) I love this site & have learned a lot :)

Kathy

Thank you! 

In the bath and body forum, or maybe it's the general craft forum, there are recipes and instructions from bath bombs... I love making bath bombs, but the market is saturated with them, so I only make them for my granddaughter. She loves them... 

• Like 1